• Before posting anything about COVID-19, READ THIS FIRST! COVID-19 and Misinformation (UPDATED)
    Misinformation and/or conspiracy theories about this topic, even if intended as humor, will not be tolerated!

silverharp

Socratus O' Pericles

He'll go nuts when he finds the HSE has secret free Skin bleaching salons so that they can better integrate into Rural Ireland ....
What do you mean "go"? That implies he has a distance to travel.

redhead

How old would they be? I'm thinking one of the new, improved, Kennedy Clan or just possibly Chelsea Clinton.

Will Smith as an Independent.
The Rock has said he's considering running. Seriously.

Betson

The woman has her own television network on the back of the highest rated syndicated talk show in US history.
But I thought the democrats said having someone with no experience of politics going for president is a bad thing. They now admitting it is the way to go?

As I said though I think they would have her in a heart beat and the media over there would suck up big time and embed themselves as part of the DNC , but they did that anyway with Clinton , but I think Oprah would have far more appeal that Hilary Clinton ever had.

The issue is how will the likes of Elizibeth Warren or Bernie who feel it is their turn take to her.

Sync

How old would they be? I'm thinking one of the new, improved, Kennedy Clan or just possibly Chelsea Clinton.

Will Smith as an Independent.
All the Dem candidates are oooold. Oprah will be 67, Clinton 73, Biden 78, Warren 71. No one knows how old Bernie is. He was there when Myles Standish arrived and was old then.

PBP voter

If she ran as an indo you would have to think that it would ruin any chance the democrats would have of getting the presidency back.

Socratus O' Pericles

But I thought the democrats said having someone with no experience of politics going for president is a bad thing. They now admitting it is the way to go?

As I said though I think they would have her in a heart beat and the media over there would suck up big time and embed themselves as part of the DNC , but they did that anyway with Clinton , but I think Oprah would have far more appeal that Hilary Clinton ever had.

The issue is how will the likes of Elizibeth Warren or Bernie who feel it is their turn take to her.
Much more likeable person, much more empathic. Not my bag personally but "middle America" loves her.

paulp

All the Dem candidates are oooold. Oprah will be 67, Clinton 73, Biden 78, Warren 71. No one knows how old Bernie is. He was there when Myles Standish arrived and was old then.
Kamala Harris 53

redhead

I find her irritating but she is a smart cookie. But how much actual power does the President have these days?
It doesn't really matter, as a figurehead what matters is the ability to unite people. Trump is divisive, especially with the Republicans. I reckon Oprah (assuming she ran for the Democrats) would have dyed in the wool Republicans voting for her.

The real question is would she want it? As an individual she has already achieved more than most heads of state.

gerhard dengler

Remember Trump had no support from the Republican Party ie. the professional politicians in the party.

Would professional politicians in the Democratic Party welcome the parachutting of a celebrity candidate?

Sync

If she ran as an indo you would have to think that it would ruin any chance the democrats would have of getting the presidency back.
As she would if she overturned democracy altogether and installed a puppet king to serve her in a new monarchy. Both about as likely as the other.

Bea C

Yes , as has Kanye West. Imagine the presidential debates.
Is that yer man who's married to yer wan, the wan who shoves her buttocks in everybody's face?

She'd make Melancholia (as Oliver Callan calls her) appear like Jackie Kennedy :roll:

New Threads

Most Replies

Top Bottom