Orange Factor Search For A Star

between the bridges

Final preparations are being made ahead of the official opening of a new £700,000 Orange heritage centre in Limavady.

The impressive three-storey building includes an Orange museum which will be the focal point for the Institution’s outreach locally, opening up the traditions of the Loyal Order in Co Londonderry to a wider audience.

Lodge Life: New heritage centre to open soon in Limavady - Belfast Newsletter

Se0samh

hollandia

Final preparations are being made ahead of the official opening of a new £700,000 Orange heritage centre in Limavady.

The impressive three-storey building includes an Orange museum which will be the focal point for the Institution’s outreach locally, opening up the traditions of the Loyal Order in Co Londonderry to a wider audience.

Spotted heading up the A37 this morning...
_71672747_71672746.jpg

vivabrigada

Anyone else notice they've made a trickler in the bottom right of the picture?
So they have, proof that SF/IRA are making loyalists violent.

between the bridges

well done PSOU....

Last year 48 bands took part in a traditional parade through the streets. But this year’s event will be an outdoor concert in the amphitheatre on Kerr Street featuring just six guest bands.

In a statement posted on Facebook, the host band said it took the decision to change its event this year following “months of talks with the Causeway Coast and Glens Council, PSNI, R&A and Translink.”

Voicing his support for the band and the event, Mr Carlisle said: “Whilst the event in Portrush has not been organised by the Orange Institution, we commend the local band for their willingness to adapt their annual event in order to not only minimise disruption, but also to allow visitors to enjoy the very best local bands in an open-air concert.”

Stressing that “marching bands are an important integral aspect of the musical life of Northern Ireland”,

McSlaggart

The orange order is getting more tragic by the day. How many people are going to visit that museum?

death or glory

I
The orange order is getting more tragic by the day. How many people are going to visit that museum?
I seen I the last day I went to Portrush and actually went through Limavady. Looked quite impressive but as a Sunday obviously not open..
I'll put it on my bucket list though.

McSlaggart

I

I seen I the last day I went to Portrush and actually went through Limavady. Looked quite impressive but as a Sunday obviously not open..
I'll put it on my bucket list though.
Do they share their material with the one in Belfast and at Dan cottage..... its comical at this stage.

McSlaggart

But Ewan Murray, golf correspondent for the Guardian and Observer newspapers, expressed concern about the planned event.

"There is naturally a comedic, ludicrous undertone to this in 2019 but when placed on the Open's doorstep it is a horrendously embarrassing look," he wrote in an article.

Depu

Grand Master Harold Henning at last month's launch of a Twelfth leaflet ahead of the Open golf tournament in Portrush, encouraging visitors to watch the parades

"American guests will probably look on with intrigue. What, though, of the thousands of Open fans from the predominantly Catholic Republic of Ireland?"

He added: "Twenty-one years on from the Good Friday Agreement, loyalists still mark William of Orange's Boyne victory with anthems and bonfires, many of the latter featuring tricolour flags or effigies of the Pope. This is about as far from an epitome of social inclusion as you could find."

death or glory

I posted this earlier in the wrong thread,
But here is the real search for a Starr.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies