Orange Grand Master steps down

Lee McKeown

Good to see Mr Saulters taking time to enjoy his life now.

Thankfully he survived that sectarian IRA murder attempt in the 90s and he's still here to enjoy it.

Hopefully his replacement is a bit more PR savvy though...

Northern Voice

Hopefully Brother Saulters enjoys a peaceful retirement away from the public eye. Presided over a tough era for the Order.

eoghanacht

The title is misleading.

I thought he stepped down off his high horse, i see now he just retired ah well.
It'll give the brethern a chance to vote in an even more backward looking grand wizard.

Lee McKeown

Ah, he accused Blair of disloyalty because he married a Catholic. It's probably not bigotry to the likes of you, but to most people it is.
Not really bigotry though is it?

He's just giving his opinion that Mr Blair should have remained within the protestant faith that he was born into. A faith Mr Saulters obviously believes strongly in.

Any priest would have similar views on someone who moved from the catholic church to Presbyterianism.

eoghanacht

He's just giving his opinion that Mr Blair should have remained within the protestant faith that he was born into. A faith Mr Saulters obviously believes strongly in.

Any priest would have similar views on someone who moved from the catholic church to Presbyterianism.
It wasn't about his move it was about his marriage, doh!

Lee McKeown

I thought he stepped down off his high horse, i see now he just retired ah well.
It'll give the brethern a chance to vote in an even more backward looking grand wizard.
Of course separating children for 16 years during their upbringing because of religion isn't backward-looking at all..... :roll:

You should judge your own community leaders by the same standards you judge Mr Saulters.

Desperate Dan

Little things like that generally crawl back under the rock. Good riddance I know it wont please some on this site. But tough progress is here.

eoghanacht

Of course separating children for 16 years during their upbringing because of religion isn't backward-looking at all..... :roll:

You should judge your own community leaders by the same standards you judge Mr Saulters.
I told you BC the last time you tried to reinvent yourself, try and hide your style. It's so obvious.

Now as for my community leaders, well i don't belong to any organisation nor do i have community leaders. I'm my own man,i don't rely on handed down bigotry, i tend to take things as they come and make up my own mind based on their merits.

Now try keep on topic,atleast we'll have a bit of craic before you get banned again

Desperate Dan

Hard to beat a good bit of Orwellian "Doublethink".
This is an island some of us have moved on, that little turd and his ilk could never, hopefully you may join us being progressive.

Lee McKeown

I told you BC the last time you tried to reinvent yourself, try and hide your style. It's so obvious.

Now as for my community leaders, well i don't belong to any organisation nor do i have community leaders. I'm my own man,i don't rely on handed down bigotry, i tend to take things as they come and make up my own mind based on their merits.

Now try keep on topic,atleast we'll have a bit of craic before you get banned again
Enough of the cyber-bullying.

I have never posted here before and any moderator can verify my IP address.

Are you incapable of accepting leaders of Irish Nationalism/Republicanism are more backward-looking than leaders of the Orange Order?

C

Cass

He accused him of disloyalty and that he shouldn't be trusted to run the country not because he converted but because he married a Catholic. Bigotry to most people, but completely normal for Loyalism it would seem.

C

Cass

Are you incapable of accepting leaders of Irish Nationalism/Republicanism are more backward-looking than leaders of the Orange Order?
Hahaha, the OO is still harping on a about a battle that happened over 300 years ago and are devout Royalists. I would think not.

eoghanacht

Enough of the cyber-bullying.

I have never posted here before and any moderator can verify my IP address.

Fair enough Lee ;), i'll accept you at face value.

Yes i can accept that 'leaders of Irish Nationalism/Republicanism' are just as capable of backwardism as an Orange Grand Wizard is, i just don't ever remember telling you i was an Irish Republican, lucky guess eh?

Now, any 'leaders of Irish Nationalism/Republicanism' came out with such a statement then i'd rightly condemn it for being sectarian nonsense, shame our Northern brothers can't do likewise eh , lee;)

C

Cass

I don't think it is BC Eoghanacht, but not surprised that there are more like him within the Loyalist community.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies