• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Orange Order in 'north Belfast 12th contingency plan'

T

Thomas_

The Orange Order is exploring the possibility of a contingency plan for the 12 July parade in north Belfast. ...
The playing fields could be used for a 12th July demonstration
The annual event some 8 weeks ahead, there might be some demonstration which probably will cause the usual fuss and raise the "flag issue" again, as the never ending story. Although not mentioned in this article, it´s rather to be expected.

BBC News - Orange Order in 'north Belfast 12th contingency plan'

The OO is just talking as a "meeting point or for dispersal" and it seems that they probably expect some trouble on that day, what else would a contigency plan be for.

Schomberg

Quick! Someone get a Catholic and a caravan in there!
Ballysillan Playing Fields Residents Committee.

C

Castle Ray

I presume the intention is that if the Ligoneil Lodges cannot get to the parade then the parade will go to somewhere they can get to. They did this before with Ormeau Park the changed venue in order to reduce tentions and minimise problems associated with a "stand-off" at Ormeau Bridge.

between the bridges

“Full credit to the Orange Order'' Martin McGuinness...

Ren84

No fun to be had for bigoted Brits marching around a boggy field with no Catholics to piss off. Far better to be pavement pounding outside Irish homes even in the dead of night. As long as taigs are put in their place mission accomplished.

between the bridges

No fun to be had for bigoted Brits marching around a boggy field with no Catholics to piss off. Far better to be pavement pounding outside Irish homes even in the dead of night. As long as taigs are put in their place mission accomplished.
Has an expert like you ever been to a parade let alone the 12th?

[video=youtube_share;HkoEmaqGq2o]http://youtu.be/HkoEmaqGq2o[/video]

Glaucon

Good idea to hold it in a field where they won't be bothering residents; preferably they'd march around their own areas and enable those who want to enjoy that sort of thing to do so. I have no issue whatever with Orange Order celebrations once they keep them away from areas they are not wanted.

No republican would be silly enough to want to go marching down the Shankill, unless they were triumphalist goons.

Ren84

Good idea to hold it in a field where they won't be bothering residents; preferably they'd march around their own areas and enable those who want to enjoy that sort of thing to do so. I have no issue whatever with Orange Order celebrations once they keep them away from areas they are not wanted.

No republican would be silly enough to want to go marching down the Shankill, unless they were triumphalist goons.
Orangies marching in their own areas?! Where's the fun in not lording it over Catholics?

T

Thomas_

Wicked!

between the bridges

Sterotypical crap, 99.9% of parades are non contentious and therefore do not get any media attention, if they did muppets might learn something, but some how I doubt it...

Ren84

Sterotypical crap, 99.9% of parades are non contentious and therefore do not get any media attention, if they did muppets might learn something, but some how I doubt it...
Anymore media attention?! FFS, do you miss the 12th programmes pumped out by the BBC and UTV each year? Not to mention the pages of commentary and photography in the Telegraph and Fury Letter. They'd have to launch an Orange Channel if the media wanted to increase media awareness.

Frosty1

You shoulda seen the show last year about Orange Woman it was halarious. They went on as if they were some kind of royal group. Everytime there was a meeting they slammed the door shut on the tv presenters face.

Ren84

You shoulda seen the show last year about Orange Woman it was halarious. They went on as if they were some kind of royal group. Everytime there was a meeting they slammed the door shut on the tv presenters face.
Ah Bridges was just shy.

between the bridges

Anymore media attention?! FFS, do you miss the 12th programmes pumped out by the BBC and UTV each year? Not to mention the pages of commentary and photography in the Telegraph and Fury Letter. They'd have to launch an Orange Channel if the media wanted to increase media awareness.
1st Friday in June is the biggest band parade in NI, ever heard of it? 100 plus bands 5-6k musicians 25k spectator's, never makes the TV etc, yet a fatball match with two dogs watching it...

between the bridges

Ah Bridges was just shy.
True, i have that muppet on ignore he is either a sock or a complete bell end, either way i couldn't be arsed with the drivel, he's even worse than your good-self...

T

Thomas_

Has an expert like you ever been to a parade let alone the 12th?
What´s the point in attending a parade when you can see it on youtube and even better, switch off the whole thing when it gets too much.

I´ve watched the whole of part 1 and although I´ve seen several videos about such events on youtube, this is a piece of OO propaganda film I´ve never come across before. They all look strange to me, they sound strange to me and the only thing interesting of the interviews was the statement of the elder man towards the end. As everybody can see, they starting to fill the heads of their children from their very childhood and so to keep the "tradition" going.

The comment of that elder man explained to me why most of those band uniforms are so akin to those from similar bands in the USA.

You´re quite familiar with those people, I suppose. Being an OO member yourself?

Just one thing, contrary to what they state in that video, the most important day in Irish history isn´t the 12th of July. That might be the case for them, the most important day in Irish history is April the 24th 1916, the proclamation of the Irish Republic, at least that is to me.

between the bridges

What´s the point in attending a parade when you can see it on youtube and even better, switch off the whole thing when it gets too much.

I´ve watched the whole of part 1 and although I´ve seen several videos about such events on youtube, this is a piece of OO propaganda film I´ve never come across before. They all look strange to me, they sound strange to me and the only thing interesting of the interviews was the statement of the elder man towards the end. As everybody can see, they starting to fill the heads of their children from their very childhood and so to keep the "tradition" going.

The comment of that elder man explained to me why most of those band uniforms are so akin to those from similar bands in the USA.

You´re quite familiar with those people, I suppose. Being an OO member yourself?

Just one thing, contrary to what they state in that video, the most important day in Irish history isn´t the 12th of July. That might be the case for them, the most important day in Irish history is April the 24th 1916, the proclamation of the Irish Republic, at least that is to me.
Thomas don't knock what you don't understand you seem much more intelligent than that... do you follow football? would you rather watch a game on tv? or in real life? would you rather listen to your fav band on CD or at a gig? now take a summer bank holiday (most PUL will take a few days if not the traditional 12th fortnight off work) where 80-90% of your community will meet up (PUL population of fermanagh approx 24k attendance at 12th 25k!!) watch the parade, eat (families picnic, others grab a burger and everyone has ice cream!!) ,drink (teah for many beer for others) chat, gossip, bouncy castles and fun fair for kids, open air religious service ( about 10% will attend), stalls, meeting one's you haven't seen since last year etc etc and what do you get?

THE BIG DAY,

[video=youtube_share;kRTKPlt4GRg]http://youtu.be/kRTKPlt4GRg[/video]

Global Justice

You make it contentious by being provocative and intimidatory and hoping to enforce religious extremism and bigoted supremacism through areas that are the targets of your sectarian ethos, and who have suffered, historically (and can be argued presently), by such organisations, and indeed by the British state, who still hope for another Drumcree incident.

That only a very, very few are contentious actually shows the tolerance of the catholic community for anti-catholic bigotry/"culture"

You wont ever see you bigots and the OO acknowledge and condone the tolerance of the nationalist/republican communities in accommodating your sectarian hate parades through nationalist areas like in Crumlin and Donegal and other areas which your hate is accommodated.

In fact, how many 'parades' do nationalists/republicans tolerate and accommodate throughout Ulster???? This proves that it's the OO that has no intention at all in re-routing or accommodating the very very few contentious parades elsewhere. Respect is all a one way street.

The contentious 'parades' are contentious because unionists make it contentious and want a return to Catholic 2nd class citizenship for the duration of their bile. You lot have to antagonise Catholics, otherwise you'd keep to areas where there would be no restrictions for your marches