• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Orange Order may not notify parades commission on parades

death or glory

On news today,
Orange Order may not notify parades commission of marches as they may choose to exploit political deadlock. I'm afraid that this has been brewing from last year were protestors were not punished yet legal marches were vilified by minor errors. I say that i have to agree with seeking an alternative to the current approach were Loyal order parades obey the rules and laws yet protestors can do what they want without repremand. This is what the loyalist flag protestors have exploited so sometimes you reap what you sow.

Evergreenfinch

This is going to be a fun year!

Narcissist

I say that i have to agree with seeking an alternative to the current approach were Loyal order parades obey the rules and laws yet protestors can do what they want without repremand.
What absolute nonsense.

Last year was littered with examples of the orange order being deliberately antagonistic, at least be honest about it.

death or glory

Don't agree at all - after years of abiding to the parades commission nonsense and seeing rulings against them yet illegal protests are rewarded by sanctions against the Loyal orders. IMO this partisan, alienation of the Loyal orders and their supporters over what were blatently trivial matters are part of the reason why the Flag protests happened and are ongoing. You can't keep get vilified for very little reason without at some time drawing a line in the sand and get the parades commission to stand up and be counted and decide on a notified parade or a protest in a equal manner.

What absolute nonsense.

Last year was littered with examples of the orange order being deliberately antagonistic, at least be honest about it.

Mattarigna

TBH, I will not cry the day when these idiotic marches are consigned to the dustbin of history.

theloner

A republican must have infiltrated the OO and become its PR guy.

The Newsletter already has a page dedicated to the Glorious 'Twalf'.
The Twelfth 2013 - Belfast Newsletter

Mad as a box of frogs.

cricket

How easy is it to become a " reverend " in the north ? There was one on tv last night gloating about how they would be defying the parades commission. He sounded about as reverend as your local joyrider.

theloner

Can we consign the entire North to the dustbin of history while we're at it.
Good to see you have moved on from making blowjob jokes about recently deceased females.

between the bridges

Here's the inside story merv's a TIT. Maria Purdy asked him a loaded question and he fell for it hook line and stinker! There will be no OO policy change with out my say so...

vivabrigada

Last edited:

vivabrigada

Here's the inside story merv's a TIT. Maria Purdy asked him a loaded question and he fell for it hook line and stinker! There will be no OO policy change with out my say so...
What's the Orange Order policy on talking to current members of paramilitary organisations?

Glaucon

Don't agree at all - after years of abiding to the parades commission nonsense and seeing rulings against them yet illegal protests are rewarded by sanctions against the Loyal orders.
The Orange Order is a sectarian organization that is bitterly anti-Roman Catholic, as such, they have no business whatever taking their particular ideology through areas where that community predominates. Most Ulster Unionists would not accept Republican parades through the likes of the Shankill so, frankly, they haven't a leg to stand on.

Marcella

The PSNI brains trust has a lot to answer for - this if it happens, is a direct consequence of their pandering to loyalist flag protestors.

Marcella

How easy is it to become a " reverend " in the north ? There was one on tv last night gloating about how they would be defying the parades commission. He sounded about as reverend as your local joyrider.
Often thought that as well. Would be interesting to know just what theology qualifications these men possess.

Marcella

Yes , but ask your paymasters the IMF if you are allowed too first , the north for all its faults is not yet a failed state
So, what is the criteria for a failed state ? Economic dependence on an outside subsidy ?

Or is it a failure to establish a working system of democratic politics in which all citizens subscribe to the rule of law?

In both instances, the north is a failed state. It will continue to be so while the 'reverend' Gibsons' of this world dictate unionist policies.

vivabrigada

devonish

Depends upon the church, CoI, Presbyterian & Methodist in general are fairly well educated and in the most part are pretty reasonable (with the odd exception). Anyone going by the name "pastor" can be from the lunatic fringe, likewise for the fundamentalists in the free presbyterian and such like.

devonish

Not if you have family living in Ardoyne.
Your inner greenfinch is showing.
Firstly, I'm no big fan of the OO, particularly their association with loyalist bands and I'm not familiar with the geography of North Belfast but am I correct in saying that the contentious march on the 12th passes by the edge of Ardoyne which fronts onto the Crumlin Road?
Is it Nationalist on one side of the road or does the parade actually go through a nationalist area?