Orange Order members are to voice “despair”

McSlaggart

Thousands of Orange Order members are to voice “despair” over the outcome of the abortion referendum in the Republic during their Twelfth of July celebrations.

A resolution from the Grand Orange Lodge demands that there be no similar move in Northern Ireland, which the pro-choice lobby and parties including Sinn Féin have said is their next target.

The resolution will be read out and endorsed by thousands of members at their demonstrations across the North on July 12th.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/orange-order-to-voice-despair-at-abortion-vote-result-on-twelfth-1.3548273

I wonder how out of touch the OO and the DUP are to the stance on such issues to the average person in Northern Ireland?

GDPR

Most Ulster folk on both sides on the Peace Wall don't think that infanticide is cool.

Actually the per capita far less women from Northern Ireland go to get unborn snuffed out on the UK mainland than women from the Free State.

Newrybhoy

Thousands of Orange Order members are to voice “despair” over the outcome of the abortion referendum in the Republic during their Twelfth of July celebrations.

A resolution from the Grand Orange Lodge demands that there be no similar move in Northern Ireland, which the pro-choice lobby and parties including Sinn Féin have said is their next target.

The resolution will be read out and endorsed by thousands of members at their demonstrations across the North on July 12th.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/orange-order-to-voice-despair-at-abortion-vote-result-on-twelfth-1.3548273

I wonder how out of touch the OO and the DUP are to the stance on such issues to the average person in Northern Ireland?
Good to see that hypocrisy is not the order of the day for everyone.

If you back abortion on demand, you should not attend a Christian church. The two are not compatible.

runwiththewind

What business is it of Oo's?

runwiththewind

Good to see that hypocrisy is not the order of the day for everyone.

If you back abortion on demand, you should not attend a Christian church. The two are not compatible.
Hyprocisry, you having a laugh? The OO are a bunch of old men who will never know what a pregnancy is. Abortion is none of their business.

runwiththewind

There are OO lodges in the Free State.

Are they not allowed an opinion?
Old men. None of their ************************************g business.

Strawberry

They're an odd lot, the OO. Firstly they say we're enemies of Christ, then they voice despair that there will be fewer of us.

No pleasing them.

GDPR

The Shinners- Brexit will lead to a united Ireland but vote against Brexit (I voted for Brexit because I hate the EU and honestly I don't think it will change anything as regards the border question here).

The Shinners- push through stuff in the ROI that rightfully savage Prods find disgusting and still believe that doing so wont make a transition to a united Ireland significantly worse.

In some ways the Shinners are as big gobshytes as the DUP.

Newrybhoy

Hyprocisry, you having a laugh? The OO are a bunch of old men who will never know what a pregnancy is. Abortion is none of their business.
So you're saying no men should have a say on abortion?

Fair enough point but then male foetuses should not be allowed to be terminated.

Newrybhoy

I am not saying that they are wrong in their position. The issue is if there position becomes so out of touch with the mainstream what will be their relevance?
Just because SF will change their opinions to whatever they think is the most popular place to be does not mean that other people or organisations should do the same.

If christians vehemently believe that killing unborn children is wrong, you can't expect them to change their mind to be " relevant".

GDPR

Religious order against Abortion.

Shocker.
They are a binge drinking and tribalist hate order as opposed to a Religious order.

Riddle me this why did old man Paisley never join them even though joining would have been good for his political career and in very many ways he was quite a cynical political operator?

runwiththewind

So you're saying no men should have a say on abortion?

Fair enough point but then male foetuses should not be allowed to be terminated.
Ha, ha, just read what you posted. Clown.

Newrybhoy

They are a binge drinking and tribalist hate order as opposed to a Religious order.

Riddle me this why did old man Paisley never join them even though joining would have been good for his political career and in very many ways he was quite a cynical political operator?
Many lodges are temperance.

Your post is wrong.

GDPR

Many lodges are temperance.

Your post is wrong.
De Lege and De Facto are different matters, particularly in Ulster. The people who hate the Orange Order the most aren't Tea Eggs, they are rather former members who got sober and the children of Orange men.

McSlaggart

Just because SF will change their opinions to whatever they think is the most popular place to be does not mean that other people or organisations should do the same.

If christians vehemently believe that killing unborn children is wrong, you can't expect them to change their mind to be " relevant".
That is a view but its not the only view of the matter to be found in those who follow the bible.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies