Orangefest 2016

between the bridges

If you want to ban local people from ever using their own area to celebrate things then put that forward. I recall aughnacloy being closed to traffic when the Tyrone team last won the Sam Maguire. It is also closed for the local festival.
Do you want all these things banned?

St Patrick's day would have to go as well but if you feel traffic is paramount , fair enough.

Can you get cyclists bucked off the road when you are at it?
And bringing the cows in for milking, fecking f(ri)en(s)ianz...

IrishFreedom

Twitter
MitchfireMark
If you want to ban local people from ever using their own area to celebrate things then put that forward. I recall aughnacloy being closed to traffic when the Tyrone team last won the Sam Maguire. It is also closed for the local festival.
Do you want all these things banned?

St Patrick's day would have to go as well but if you feel traffic is paramount , fair enough.

Can you get cyclists bucked off the road when you are at it?
Most of the things listed don't bar people on their religion so no it's absolute bs equivocating gaa and st patricks day parades with an organisation that goads, provokes and antagonises people with five fingered salutes like the bookies incident where patrick mayhew once said that would disgrace a tribe of cannibals never mind decent people of the United Kingdom.

Show me the membership criteria of either St Patricks Day parades or GAA clubs requiring members to be from a certain background. Go on.....

DT123

Most of the things listed don't bar people on their religion so no it's absolute bs equivocating gaa and st patricks day parades with an organisation that goads, provokes and antagonises people with five fingered salutes like the bookies incident where patrick mayhew once said that would disgrace a tribe of cannibals never mind decent people of the United Kingdom.

Show me the membership criteria of either St Patricks Day parades or GAA clubs requiring members to be from a certain background. Go on.....
I wasn't aware that McSlaggart was objecting on those grounds.

But anyhooo, you really need me to post the GAA constitution which states that members must honour and uphold the aims of the organisation? Stand and face the Irish flag whilst the Irish national anthem is played etc ?

Look it up yourself.

IrishFreedom

Twitter
MitchfireMark
I wasn't aware that McSlaggart was objecting on those grounds.

But anyhooo, you really need me to post the GAA constitution which states that members must honour and uphold the aims of the organisation? Stand and face the Irish flag whilst the Irish national anthem is played etc ?

Look it up yourself.
It's not the same as excluding people due to their creed so no I'm completely aware about the flag, national anthem etc, but to hear lectures from people who indulge in poppy fascism each year, congratulate an hereditary statelet with military parades for their birthday is astounding but hey if it makes you sleep at night so be it.

McSlaggart

I recall aughnacloy being closed to traffic when the Tyrone team last won the Sam Maguire. It is also closed for the local festival.
Are you claiming that the A5 is closed every year when Aughnacloy has a festival?

DT123

It's not the same as excluding people due to their creed so no I'm completely aware about the flag, national anthem etc, but to hear lectures from people who indulge in poppy fascism each year, congratulate an hereditary statelet with military parades for their birthday is astounding but hey if it makes you sleep at night so be it.
Your criteria was " certain backgrounds".

The GAA seeks only those that support an Irish nationalist agenda.

The OO seeks only those with a Protestant agenda.

Same thing only different.

DT123

Which festival are you on about? I have never come one in the town that required the A5 to close?
Aughnacloy Festival.

Restarted last year after being out of commission for a few years.

Bands, fancy dress, tug o war , tractor pulling, country music , all sorts. All in the main street. The road closes and opens between events, as required.

Irish-Rationalist

Aughnacloy Festival.

Restarted last year after being out of commission for a few years.

Bands, fancy dress, tug o war , tractor pulling, country music , all sorts. All in the main street. The road closes and opens between events, as required.
Sounds like a bunch of country yokels going daft and obstructing the traffic.

McSlaggart

What is the population requirement to have tractor pulling?

Aughnacloy has a small events in a park .... not on the main street. What the hell is Tractor pulling?

Kenny Chesney - She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy

[video=youtube;uWu4aynBK7E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWu4aynBK7E[/video]

redneck

Orange men are entitled to their culture. They are not entitled to break the law though. If a parade is banned - it is banned.

Irish-Rationalist

Aughnacloy has a population of less than 1000 people......

Tractor pulling on the main street...... WTF.
Some people get their kicks in different ways. Personally, I prefer a pint in a quiet pub. But if less than a thousand mad people want to pull a tractor down a town's Main street and obstruct the traffic, who's going to argue?

Irish-Rationalist

Aughnacloy has a small events in a park .... not on the main street. What the hell is Tractor pulling?
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess, pulling a tractor?

Top Bottom