Organic Matter found on Mars .. How will the DUP cope with this :-(

AhNowStop

Wow :shock: ... I would have thought that was pretty obvious no ?

Do you really need an explanation to show the quandary between young earth creationists and this find ?

where do you live btw .. it sure as fook cant be in the north of Ireland ..

belfast1981

I may not have read the bible in a very long time, but isn't it full of non terrestrial beings not of this earth and 'fallen angels' from the heavens.

But Sailor is right, there is a big difference between small organic material/life and full sentient alien life.

michael-mcivor

Organic matter- thought the headline said Orange matter does not matter- Mars heads the lot of them-

vivabrigada

Somebody better get a chair for Edwin Poots & the lads....... :shock:

Nasa Mars rover finds organic matter in ancient lake bed
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jun/07/nasa-mars-rover-finds-organic-matter-in-ancient-lake-bed
There was no Mars until the 1930s.

In 1932, Forrest Mars, son of American candy maker Frank C. Mars, rented a factory in Slough and with a staff of twelve people, began manufacturing a chocolate bar consisting of nougat and caramel covered in milk chocolate, modelled after his father's Milky Way bar, which was already popular in the US.[4] The bar and the proportions of the main components have changed over the years. With minor variations, this version is sold worldwide, except for the US, and is packaged in a black wrapper with red gold-edged lettering.

between the bridges

Newsflash: more life on MARS than in thon gap between Ahnowslobberings ears...

AhNowStop

I may not have read the bible in a very long time, but isn't it full of non terrestrial beings not of this earth and 'fallen angels' from the heavens.

But Sailor is right, there is a big difference between small organic material/life and full sentient alien life.
Don’t young earth creationist loons believe the earth “& universe” are only a few thousand years old ....

Newrybhoy

Wow :shock: ... I would have thought that was pretty obvious no ?

Do you really need an explanation to show the quandary between young earth creationists and this find ?

where do you live btw .. it sure as fook cant be in the north of Ireland ..
No, you explain it.

It says in the bible that God created heaven and earth and the moon and the stars and all the things therin.

Therefore if there were life on other planets it would be perfectly in line with bible teaching.

But as you claim to know different, feel free to explain.

AhNowStop

Newsflash: more life on MARS than in thon gap between Ahnowslobberings ears...
News Flash just in re the Mars discovery .... apparently they’ve found a goat & carbon-dated it to 1941 .....

Well at least we know where your OO forefathers were hiding during WW2 now :? .......

Last edited:

AhNowStop

No, you explain it.

It says in the bible that God created heaven and earth and the moon and the stars and all the things therin.

Therefore if there were life on other planets it would be perfectly in line with bible teaching.

But as you claim to know different, feel free to explain.
You’re making yourself look extremely thick here :roll: ,,, but here, fill you boots and don’t let me stop ye!!

I suggest you have a wee google & a wee think before ye say anything else :roll:

GDPR

You’re making yourself look extremely thick here :roll: ,,, but here, fill you boots and don’t let me stop ye!!

I suggest you have a wee google & a wee think before ye say anything else :roll:
Seriously my sister believes that some of the Nephilim escaped to Mars from the Great Flood. Never underestimate the Protestant imagination.

Newrybhoy

In other words you haven't got a clue.

Stick with the lols and the smilies.

AhNowStop

In other words you haven't got a clue.

Stick with the lols and the smilies.
ok Dopey .. dont say you werent told :roll:

Young Earth Creationists (which Edwin is one of as i noted in post #3) believe the Earth & the "Universe" is Less than 10,000 years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism

Now, do you need more info & clarification on it or have ye still not got it ? ... Can ye join the dots ?

feck me, and I though baby craig & the Dog were slow :?

Anyway, cant wait for your magnificent reply :lol: :cool: :roll: .. (just cant stop "smilies" here :rolleyes:)

btw, be sure to ask your mammy to show you how to use google .. theres a good lad :roll:

Newrybhoy

ok Dopey .. dont say you werent told :roll:

Young Earth Creationists (which Edwin is one of as i noted in post #3) believe the Earth & the "Universe" is Less than 10,000 years old.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creationism

Now, do you need more info & clarification on it or have ye still not got it ? ... Can ye join the dots ?

feck me, and I though baby craig & the Dog were slow :?

Anyway, cant wait for your magnificent reply :lol: :cool: :roll: .. (just cant stop "smilies" here :rolleyes:)

btw, be sure to ask your mammy to show you how to use google .. theres a good lad :roll:
So even if they did believe it is all less than 10000 years old, where does that preclude them from believing that there is life on other planets?

It is fortunate for morons like yourself that Google exists as I doubt you have ever read a book or had an original thought in your life.

Like I said, stick to the lols and the smilies. That's your level.

AhNowStop

So even if they did believe it is all less than 10000 years old, where does that preclude them from believing that there is life on other planets?

It is fortunate for morons like yourself that Google exists as I doubt you have ever read a book or had an original thought in your life.

Like I said, stick to the lols and the smilies. That's your level.
Jebus :shock:

I didnt think Id ever say this to anyone but "you're actually stupider than baby craig" :roll:

"Curiosity digs up carbon compounds that could be food for life in sediments that formed 3bn years ago"
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jun/07/nasa-mars-rover-finds-organic-matter-in-ancient-lake-bed
(same link as in the OP btw, so you really have NO excuse)

Now, focus on the bit in bold ....

Have ye got it yet dopey ? ... ffs, there's smarter eating grass :roll:

now ffs do yourself a favour & go for a wee lie down before responding:?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies