• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Organised attacks on jewish graves with hammers by youths with a large crowd in support in Belfast.

Nemesiscorporation

I see there has been an organised attack with hammers and a large suppporting crowd on Jewish graves in Belfast.

Jewish graves damaged in Belfast cemetery attack a 'dark day for city' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

Belfast City Cemetery: 13 Jewish graves damaged in attack - BBC News

To me personally, this would indicate a political grouping organising an attack on jewish graves with hammers.

It is clear that youths going to the cemetary with hammers and a large crowd in support would indicate a possible political grouping.

What sort of thinking is behind attacking Belfast's smallest minority, in such a manner?

Also I wonder if they are associated with any political grouping in Northern Ireland?

What is your opinion on the matter?

death or glory

I see there has been an organised attack with hammers and a large suppporting crowd on Jewish graves in Belfast.

Jewish graves damaged in Belfast cemetery attack a 'dark day for city' - BelfastTelegraph.co.uk

To me personally, this would indicate a political grouping organising an attack on jewish graves with hammers.

It is clear that youths going to the cemetary with hammers and a large crowd in support would indicate a possible political grouping.

What sort of thinking is behind attacking Belfast's smallest minority, in such a manner?

Also I wonder if they are associated with any political grouping in Northern Ireland?

Obviously its themums not usums.

Either way it is a disgrace and should be condemned wholeheartedly.

Dame_Enda

Naturally I condemn it. In February 2015 suspected Islamists did the same thing in France.

Se0samh

Doubt it, I have relatives buried in that graveyard and there has been an extreme hooligan element present for decades now.

Joyriders have even had races within its boundaries, knocking over headstones, grave surrounds etc. No doubt they would, if caught, use the Israeli- Palestinian conflict as an excuse, but an excuse is all it would be. I don't think many of them have the capacity for political thought.

Nemesiscorporation

Doubt it, I have relatives buried in that graveyard and there has been an extreme hooligan element present for decades now.

Joyriders have even had races within its boundaries, knocking over headstones, grave surrounds etc. No doubt they would, if caught, use the Israeli- Palestinian conflict as an excuse, but an excuse is all it would be. I don't think many of them have the capacity for political thought.
Thing is, in this case, they brought hammers and a crowd to do it. This sounds a lot more organised than anything I have heard of previously.

"Eight youths, supported by a larger crowd, caused the damage, using hammers and blocks"

This is very strange. Correct me if I am wrong, but during the troubles both the synaguoge and jewish graves were left well alone. Now suddenly they are being attacked.

The 8 youths using hammers, supported by a larger crowd would seriously worry me.

That goes beyond anything even between catholic and protestent as it usually is a few lunatics with no support. Any attacks on headstones in the cemetaries in Northern Ireland by nutcases from either side of the political divide has always been done by either lone wolves or a small group of nutcases, who usually end up getting the crap kicked out of them within a week or so of doing it, sometimes worse.

This sounds as though it is politically organised. That is extremely worrying. If that insanity starts in Northern Ireland it will quickly spread to other groups being attacked.

former wesleyan

They haven't gone away. Fascists and anti-semites

GDPR

I have noticed that.

I am wondering about the way it was organised.

The crowd would indicate to me either PBP or Dissidents.
Highly unlikely because while they oppose the ugly fruits of Jewish supremacism they are careful enough not to cross over into essentialist antisemitism. There is a Neo-Nazi group active on the Shankhill- if it was any group it was them. The whole thing about smashing up Jewish graveyards came from German Hitlerites who did it in revenge for the fact that so many Germans ended up in unmarked graves during the end of WWII and in its aftermath, in particular high ranking officials within the Hitlerite regime so that they wouldnt end up as places for pilgrimage.

Se0samh

Thing is, in this case, they brought hammers and a crowd to do it. This sounds a lot more organised than anything I have heard of previously.

"Eight youths, supported by a larger crowd, caused the damage, using hammers and blocks"

This is very strange. Correct me if I am wrong, but during the troubles both the synaguoge and jewish graves were left well alone. Now suddenly they are being attacked.

The 8 youths using hammers, supported by a larger crowd would seriously worry me.

That goes beyond anything even between catholic and protestent as it usually is a few lunatics with no support. Any attacks on headstones in the cemetaries in Northern Ireland by nutcases from either side of the political divide has always been done by either lone wolves or a small group of nutcases, who usually end up getting the crap kicked out of them within a week or so of doing it, sometimes worse.

This sounds as though it is politically organised. That is extremely worrying. If that insanity starts in Northern Ireland it will quickly spread to other groups being attacked.
I can't say you are wrong, but while they may have brought hammers, they would have no need to bring a crowd, one is often there anyway. A relatives grave was desecrated, back in the early years of this century, by having its headstone smashed together with several others. No-one was caught, no-one(apart from those who did it) knows why....

As I said, the perpetrators of this vile act would almost certainly use the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as an excuse, but then again vandals usually do have an excuse, don't they.

I hope they get caught soon. :|

GDPR

Obviously its themums not usums.

Either way it is a disgrace and should be condemned wholeheartedly.
I condemn these attacks as well unreservedly.

DOG you would like see Catholicism banned in Northern Ireland; would you like to see Judaism banned to?

Enigma Variations

As I said, the perpetrators of this vile act would almost certainly use the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as an excuse, but then again vandals usually do have an excuse, don't they.
If so, then it is moronic considering that plenty of Jews have been as critical of Israel's oppression of Palestinians as anyone. Smashing up gravestones is about as low as you can go in the vandalism stakes.

Ulpian

I quote from the Dail report:

“How is it that we do not see any of these Acts directed against the Jews, who crucified Our Saviour nineteen hundred years ago, and who are crucifying us every day in the week? …. There is one thing that Germany did, and that was to rout the Jews out of their country. Until we rout the Jews out of this country it does not matter a hair’s breadth what orders you make. Where the bees are there is the honey, and where the Jews are there is the money.”

Prophetic words. The two Jews Alan Shatter and Mervyn Taylor that foisted divorce on Ireland both own law firms that have made hundreds of thousands in fees from the state for handling divorces.

Of course, I condemn unreservedly attacks on graves, no matter the ethnicity or religion of the occupants.

former wesleyan

“How is it that we do not see any of these Acts directed against the Jews, who crucified Our Saviour nineteen hundred years ago, and who are crucifying us every day in the week? …. There is one thing that Germany did, and that was to rout the Jews out of their country. Until we rout the Jews out of this country it does not matter a hair’s breadth what orders you make. Where the bees are there is the honey, and where the Jews are there is the money.”

Prophetic words. The two Jews Alan Shatter and Mervyn Taylor that foisted divorce on Ireland both own law firms that have made hundreds of thousands in fees from the state for handling divorces.

Of course, I condemn unreservedly attacks on graves, no matter the ethnicity or religion of the occupants
Why , of course you do. It's evident from your post that you would.

Nemesiscorporation

I can't say you are wrong, but while they may have brought hammers, they would have no need to bring a crowd, one is often there anyway. A relatives grave was desecrated, back in the early years of this century, by having its headstone smashed together with several others. No-one was caught, no-one(apart from those who did it) knows why....

I hope they get caught soon. :|
What stands out to me is bring hammers and bringing the crowd with them. Not quite the norm.

Nemesiscorporation

Who said that in the Dail? Do you have a reference for that?

tsarbomb

Were they really organized or were the attacks simply an act of hooliganism?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies