Orgasms give pain relief during childbirth-should hospitals provide orgasms ?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
The Irish Times is today carrying a story about orgasmic child birth:

Irish Times [excerpts]

A documentary, dealing with a woman’s ‘orgasmic rushes’ during labour, is being screened all over the world, including several recent midwifery gatherings in Britain, writes VIV GROSKOP

AMBER HARTNELL did not intend to have an orgasmic birth – it just happened.

“I just got into this ecstatic state where I had these peaks of orgasm. There were these rolling waves coming through me where I was laughing and crying. I didn’t feel like I was having contractions. They were more like rushes. I did not actually experience pain, I experienced intense sensations.”

But Hartnell says this is definitely what happened during labour with her son Orus, now three and a half. She had a water birth at home over a 12-hour period and the “orgasmic rushes” kept coming from about two-thirds of the way through.

“It was the most overwhelming pleasure I have ever felt in my life,” Hartnell says. “It was like an energetic movement through me.”

An advocate of “ecstatic birth” – pleasurable, drug-free labour – May Gaskin once conducted a poll of 151 women in which 32 reported having at least one orgasmic birth

Why then do we feel so uncomfortable about the idea of women having an orgasm when they are actually giving birth?
“It crosses the margin of decency – which I think is wrong,” says Kitzinger.
So should our hospitals be striving to provide orgasmic births ? Would this save on pain & money ? Would it be socially acceptable for doctors to be getting into the orgasm business again ?

cYp

Horace Horse

Badly written original post.

"Orgasms give pain relief during childbirth"

???

It's several decades ago now, but I have no memory of having an orgasm when I was being born.

Ah Well

The Irish Times is today carrying a story about orgasmic child birth:

So should our hospitals be striving to provide orgasmic births ? Would this save on pain & money ? Would it be socially acceptable for doctors to be getting into the orgasm business again ?

cYp
I'll say one thing for ya Cyberianpan ... you do put up interesting posts! Saw it and thought hmmmm Cyberianpan? and yep it was
;)

Depends on the level of screaming and shouting I suppose ... would it be noisier than during normal childbirth - to which the answer would prob be yes .... plus earmuffs would have to be provided to those present who wished to avail of them?

FakeViking

But Hartnell says this is definitely what happened during labour with her son Orus, now three and a half.
It could be worse, the lad could be called Yes! Yes!

Or Climax ....

He3

Should hospitals be providing orgasms?

If they do it will certainly add a new twist to the public v private debate...

selfemployedmar

I wonder would the PS unions call strike action on this one?? We will probably be taxed on this too..................:) This is funny though

sethcohen

well they certainley know how to screw you. PArticularly nurses.
INO + Liam Doran = shower ignorant c*ntz

Gabha Óir

Is there a higher percentage in Ireland? Do female babies give orgasms more often than male sprogs? Is it wimmin together thing or would it explain that special relationship between Irish buachaillí and their Mammies?

cyberianpan

Website
www.google.com
They should have interviews for this seeing that there is a lot of unemployment about lol
An epidural injection costs say €800 (link) ... so there's cost aspects here ... instead of expensive hospital staff perhaps a chap could be persuaded to come in with a few movies, a screen and perhaps some rabbits etc.

There's plenty of laid off builders who could be quite gentle

cYp

Albert Aherne

Hmmmm! Orgasms and childbirth........Which reminds me of the time (back in the 80s in more religious times when we were known as Holy Catholic Ireland) when Gay Byrne had what's her name from Australia...the womens libber ...oh yes ..Germaine Greer on the Late Late.We were expecting her to scandalize the country or something but much to our amazement she was a rock of sense talking about mothers ,motherhood and how wonderful babies were and everything was going swimmingly well and you could sense Gay relaxing and enjoying the interview.But suddenly,out of the blue, Germaine turned to Gay and said "did you know that some mothers have orgasms when breast feeding".Well I never saw such stuttering and stammering from Gay and the quickest change of subject I ever witnessed.The cheek of that woman ..upsetting the whole country.I was only relieved that my sainted mother wasn't in the room with me .My wife didn't bother me too much but still assured me that she hadn't any such orgasms but supposed that it was different with bottle fed babies.:confused:

God save Ireland

He3

I think it is a metaphor for co-location.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies