Orla Tinsley

bactrian

Boy M5

Likewise.

former wesleyan

For all the condemnation of Liveline on P.ie it was in large part responsible for getting her voice heard.

General Urko

Orla Tinsley is someone we should (and probably are) proud of.

She has been very ill recently and was in intensive care. Fortunately she got a double lung transplant.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/orla-tinsley-in-recovery-after-double-lung-transplant-surgery-1.3334969

I just want to wish her well and celebrate her future health.
Orla comes across as somebody, whom we can be immensely proud of!
I hope all goes well with her transplant, we certainly need people like her, for sure!

HereWeGoAgain

Incredibly brave lady, wishing her a speedy recovery. A role model for all with her condition, she continues to fight bravely while coming close to losing the battle at times, still she maintained a focus, highlighting the reality of everyday living with CF and the importance of donor cards - those being a lifesaver literally to CF sufferers.

Get well soon #bravelady;

Here's Orla's tweet as she got the news that surgery was going ahead

Orla Tinsley @orlatinsley
Dec 20

This morning we got a call but I wanted to wait. Well, here it is, Lucky Number7. I’m not afraid..Please send love, prayers and best wishes. Double lung transplant is a go! Love love love #BEATCF

HereWeGoAgain

Nicola

@nickers1973
Dec 20
More Nicola Retweeted LifeType Hans

New phone for Christmas? Check to see that u have added Organ Donor option in the Health App! Also, make sure you select "Show when locked" - your Med ID can be viewed. Big love to @orlatinsley #organdonor #orlatinsley
Thanks Nicola
https://twitter.com/nickers1973

HereWeGoAgain

Orla's Go Fund Me Page at over 93,000 dollars this morning

Throughout her own trials with CF, Orla has never stopped using her voice to advocate for her community. When she moved to New York in 2014 to study at Columbia University, she focused not only on her own writing, but on learning about treatment and care at Columbia's own CF center. Through her journalism and activism, she fought for people back in Ireland to be able to benefit from Orkambi, the drug which was making a huge difference to her own life. Writing in the Irish Times in 2015, Orla said that the story CF offered was now "no longer a curvature towards certain death by age 30. It's changing and being challenged and defied by people and technology fighting against it...Fighting is part of the lexicon of cystic fibrosis and illness. We are warriors from day one."

https://www.gofundme.com/orlatinsley2017

Florence

I met her once after a talk she gave, and bought her book. An inspirational young woman. She had health insurance for the transplant when a donor was found but she had to stay in the States while she waited and her medical insurance did not cover that. I was happy to contribute to the gofundme page which quickly reached more than the total she needed to cover the extra costs which shows how well Irish people regard her.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies