• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

O'Snodaigh proposes "Welfare Wolfs" be allowed to keep over payments in his new Amnesty Bill !

Bobcolebrooke

O'Snodaigh proposes "Welfare Wolves" be allowed to keep over payments in his new Amnesty Bill !

O'Snodaigh proposes "Welfare Wolves" be allowed to keep over payments in his new Amnesty Bill !

Deputy O'Snodaigh believes that people who are being paid more money in Social Welfare payments, than they are entitled to, will come forward to report their overpayment to the Department and that his Amnesty Bill will save €50 million per year. He Introduced his Bill to the Oireachtas yesterday.

Something tells me that there is something in Human nature that induces many people, to take as much of some thing as they can get away with, and that it is not in their nature to make what they are getting known to others if they are not entitled to it. That goes for Social Welfare just as much as Ink Cartridges.

People get Social Welfare payments on foot of the circumstances they represent to the Department of Social Welfare.
Payments are made on the condition that the claimants inform Welfare of any change in their circumstances.

Deputy O'Snodaigh's Bill would effectively remove any sanction against some one for inducing the Department or allowing them to make an over payment.

Ó Snodaigh introduces Social Welfare Amnesty Bill | Sinn Féin

Will the next step be to bring forward a bill to provide an amnesty to fuel-launders who undertake not to launder fuel any longer and allow them to keep their ill gotten gains?

Maybe Deputy O'Snodaigh will bring forward a Tax Amnesty bill on the basis that people will stop fiddling tax if they are allowed to keep their ill gotten gains too?

All Welfare payments should be part of a public online record as should all tax returns.

A Reward or Bounty of 10% of revenue revovered should be provided to people who report Cheats defrauding the State.

Last edited:

Eire1976

O'Snodaigh proposes "Welfare Wolfs" be allowed to keep over payments in his new Amnesty Bill !

Deputy O'Snodaigh believes that people who are being paid more money in Social Welfare payments, than they are entitled to, will come forward to report their overpayment to the Department and that his Amnesty Bill will save €50 million per year. He Introduced his Bill to the Oireachtas yesterday.

Something tells me that there is something in Human nature that induces many people, to take as much of some thing as they can get away with, and that it is not in their nature to make what they are getting known to others if they are not entitled to it. That goes for Social Welfare just as much as Ink Cartridges.

People get Social Welfare payments on foot of the circumstances they represent to the Department of Social Welfare.
Payments are made on the condition that the claimants inform Welfare of any change in their circumstances.

Deputy O'Snodaigh's Bill would effectively remove any sanction against some one for inducing the Department or allowing them to make an over payment.

Ó Snodaigh introduces Social Welfare Amnesty Bill | Sinn Féin
You wouldn't happen to be a journalist with an agenda would you?

tokkie

Can we refrain from the Shinner slagging please? It is an interesting OP.

eoghanacht

But Carl and SisterMerc/Dianne/Goodbody aren't trolling are they?

Not them, surely.

An amnesty for welfare cheats, I think it's a good idea. It'll save the State a few quid.

neiphin

@ op
is the "welfare wolfs" your own term ?

D

Deleted member 17573

You wouldn't happen to be a journalist with an agenda would you?
No, the reference to ink cartridges is a giveaway. He's just another Blueshirt hack, although of a particularly nasty right-wing variety, a devout believer in the doctrine of the redistribution of wealth from the poor to the rich. Or maybe he's just being more open and honest about it than the rest of the resident Blueshirts.

EUrJokingMeRight

That's like asking Pedophiles to stop touching young children inappropriately.

tokkie

But Carl and SisterMerc/Dianne/Goodbody aren't trolling are they?

Not them, surely.

An amnesty for welfare cheats, I think it's a good idea. It'll save the State a few quid.
Well we do have Tax Amnesties so why not?

Sister Mercedes

Well at least I have company in my house :shock2:
Oh that's right. Your teacher wife. But isn't she supposed to be correcting exercise books at the weekend?

Must be tough for the pair of you, trying to get by on your cosy fat public sector salaries.

D

Deleted member 17573

Oh that's right. Your teacher wife. But isn't she supposed to be correcting exercise books at the weekend?

Must be tough for the pair of you, trying to get by on your cosy fat public sector salaries.
Nothing wrong with a teacher wife - good salary and home on time to have your dinner on the table when you get in.

tokkie

My wife is not a teacher. Please show me where I said that she is. If you cannot show me then you must be considered a liar. But then there is no surprise there, is there?

tokkie

Nothing wrong with a teacher wife - good salary and home on time to have your dinner on the table when you get in.
But she is not a teacher. This is something Sister Mercedes made up, in his not too interesting and different little mind.

eoghanacht

Are there many Sinn Féin activists out there that have been defrauding Welfare?

Oh sorry I thought you came here to discuss this rather interesting idea apologies I wasn't aware you were here to troll.