Other than himself, who is Simon Coveney fooling when it comes to abottion legislate?

fifilawe

This bout of contagious Self-Delusion is more lethal than Mad Cow Disease ever was.First John McGuirk----> "Nurse Noel"------> Simon Coveney's Advisors--------> Simon Coveney -------> ? Who is the next unfortunate to get a dose of BSE(Bulls Hit Explanations)

Telstar 62

I seem to recall that it was Mister Flipflop who caved at a crucial time -
and virtually signalled the death knell of water charges.....:rolleyes:

mickterry

Simon Coveney has shown that he is unfit for his position as Tánaiste. If he doesn't understand the constitution he should quit.

fifilawe

Well , SC does not have to worry , its off to the European Commission or the UN for him after next election as a thank you from Limp Leo.He sure stabbed Leo with those antics listening to the "consultants"(Pr consultants or was it Hospital consultants?).He is desperately in trouble when has to go on Pat "The Plank" Kenny to save his bacon.
He is slowly going under due to poor "judgement/pr advice"

statsman

It begins to look like FG made the least worst choice of leader.

Robyn30

If Simon was considered an automatic sucessor after Leo then that hope is now gone.
If Frances hadn't f**ked things up before Christmas then she may have had her chance.

fgrep

Poor Simon, poor poor Simon. Humiliation is a difficult pill for a politician, Can we not muster some sympathy ? Born with a silver spoon in his mouth surely we can forgive him this mistake? Maybe he should change the focus of attention and harp back to the sensational number of kids he delivered into homelessness?

FunkyBoogaloo

Simon Coveney has shown that he is unfit for his position as Tánaiste. If he doesn't understand the constitution he should quit.
When has that ever been a barrier to political office in Ireland?

Also it should be noted that a FF flag-waving poster criticising a FGer on his knowledge of the constitution is... well... laughable.

popular1

You do not know what goes through a pregnant woman's head. What are you God?
There is no god what a silly idea, we are in this existence alone and no one knows for how long

What kind of relationships have you had that your partner doesn't share their inner thoughts with you
Of course I know what goes through a pregnant woman's head, I made one pregnant and she told me
What her thoughts were, it seems to me there are a lot of people commenting on this thread
Who have very little experience of women and even less who have had to face an unplanned pregnancy

I have faced an unplanned pregnancy with my partner at the time
How many others here have

popular1

Are you saying that a couple who are dating for years and she says no to sex and he continues should not be considered rape?

Also are you saying that a man in such a situation is neither bad nor evil?
I wonder what your dating experience is , my self I dated hundreds of women for years and never got married till late in life
You come across to me as one who has limited dating experience and therefore not really informed to comment upon
Relationships due to your limited numbers of people you dated., am I wrong.

'orebel

And you haven't heard his latest brainfart yet. He wants obligatory 9 week scans now.

Half Nelson

It will be interesting to see what penalties FG propose for women and doctors who break their law... and who agrees to support them.

How will they tackle the problem of imported abortion pills, which won't disappear?

Cnoc a Leassa

Government are working overtime to prove that they cannot be trusted to keep their word.

Simon did a backflip on his position on abortion. He may have been given the impression that he would get cover by the two thirds requirement for future change, only to find that he was abandoned as soon as he committed to the flip.

For Leo, his office put out a Press Statement https://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/News/Taoiseach's_Press_Releases/Taoiseach_travels_to_New_York_on_investment_and_jobs_focussed_programme.html
.. Taoiseach starts a two day series of meetings in New York on a range of economic events designed to increase jobs and investment in Ireland. It then list a number of specific business functions he was to attend.

Post Saint Patrick’s Day DFA in DC put out a long piece about the day, Irish America, and Taoiseach visit.
https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa/about-us/ambassador/ambassadors-blog/st-patricks-day-in-america/
Having covered the diaspora experience and value of the Irish American link, the piece then covers in some detail the visit of Taoiseach to DC and the political functions attended.

For the Taoiseach’s visit to New York, the piece opens with “In New York, the Taoiseach was welcomed by the City’s Mayor, Bill de Blasio, and State Governor, Andrew Cuomo, and led off the famous parade along the City’s 5th Avenue.” The paragraph continues with several generic references such as “The Taoiseach’s American visit offered ample opportunities for promoting Ireland as a source of high-quality goods”. There is no reference to Taoiseach attending any specific business function or any of the functions identified in the Taoiseach’s Office Press Statement.

Neither is there any general press coverage or photos of him attending specific business functions in New York.

making waves

Why is 12 weeks being picked as the Abortion point?
Because abortion pills are effective up to 12 weeks.

Woman would continue to use them anyway - except without medical supervision.

As for Coveney - the guy has declared political suicide over the past week - yes to repeal, no t abortion - yes to abortion but with a 2/3 vote lock - yes to abortion but with a 9 week scan. The Varadkar camp won't see any reason to switch, his own conservative camp will abandon him and he is looking like an idiot. And all the while he is giving the anti-abortionists ammunition to fire (at least they think he is - in reality Coveney is an anti-abortionist who should be ignored in the abortion debate and this will register with an awful lot of people now).

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies