• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

our elected oficials views on abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanieboy01

I think it would be helpful if we start a list stating the views of TDs and senators on abortion and the need for legislation. people can then lobby their tds. I would personally like to know the views of Clare TDs

Northsideman

I think it would be helpful if we start a list stating the views of TDs and senators on abortion and the need for legislation. people can then lobby their tds. I would personally like to know the views of Clare TDs
It would be an excellent idea if this were extended to all optical issues but the party system will block it.

The various party politburos decide what TDs are to say and even think but it would be good if it were different.

shanieboy01

well lets start with the obvious ones.
ivana bacik pro, clare dale pro, pat rabbitt pro

NewGoldDream

Website
-
"I think what happened last week was a tragedy. I think the area needs to be looked at, but we also have to respect the democratic wishes of the people as expressed in various referendums".

There you go. Most would be some variation of the above.

Northsideman

The only possible saving grace is Enda Kenny - a regular Mass-goer. That said, he is not exactly very popular in church circles at the moment and may decide to turn his back on the faith altogether.
Odd statement, how do you know that? Are you a personal friend of his?

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
[Enda] may decide to turn his back on the faith altogether.
One thing is certain, if he turns his back on his faith, it'll be because it's not his faith anymore.

You make it sound like some sort of betrayal. It is simply a case of someone changing his mind.

I have heard no evidence of any such change of mind by Kenny (worse luck).

shanieboy01

what about joe carey and pat breen in clare, I am asking because joe carey facebook has about 400 likes to somebody who states he is ashamed to be irish, after what happened to savita. Would these govt tds be willing to not leglislate if such a high numbers of his electorate was looking for a responce from him

Sync

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies