Our West Brit President Declines To Attend The Soloheadbeg Commeration.

murphybilly

I am really looking forward to a hard border and thousands of troops returning to northern ireland. perfect karma for SF/IRA

I do hope the wonderful british army put manners on the vile republicans :)

Disillusioned democrat

On Sat night I went to my first Women's Six Nations game in Donnybrook, expecting much of the pomp and ceremony that goes with the men's event.

I was disappointed, but admittedly not surprised, to realise that Michael D isn't really the president of "all" the people - just the high profile establishment people with nice boxes in the Aviva.

It's hilarious how so many people gush and fawn over MiggleDee, but if I was a feminist I have to admit I'd be wondering why he wasn't parading with the ladies rugby team on a cold wet sat evening in Donnybrook when I've never known him to miss a men's game.

RasherHash

On Sat night I went to my first Women's Six Nations game in Donnybrook, expecting much of the pomp and ceremony that goes with the men's event.

I was disappointed, but admittedly not surprised, to realise that Michael D isn't really the president of "all" the people - just the high profile establishment people with nice boxes in the Aviva.

It's hilarious how so many people gush and fawn over MiggleDee, but if I was a feminist I have to admit I'd be wondering why he wasn't parading with the ladies rugby team on a cold wet sat evening in Donnybrook when I've never known him to miss a men's game.
He used to be a 'man of the people' (when it was vital to get him elected to the gravy train) but no more, he's moved on and is now a proper lord of all he surveys (courtesy of the taxpayer of course).

Buchaill Dana

He used to be a 'man of the people' (when it was vital to get him elected to the gravy train) but no more, he's moved on and is now a proper lord of all he surveys (courtesy of the taxpayer of course).
All because he didn't go to a sporting event that got a crowd of 200.

RasherHash

Back in the day when he cared about ordinary people he'd have turned up to a crowd of 20, now its' all about the money.

Disillusioned democrat

It’s a full international competition....our nation’s women’s rugby team taking on the French women’s rugby team - it’s bizarrely sexist to decide he’ll parade at every men’s game but because of the size of the audience the women aren’t worth his while...what’s the magic number - 5,000? 10,000?

Buchaill Dana

It’s a full international competition....our nation’s women’s rugby team taking on the French women’s rugby team - it’s bizarrely sexist to decide he’ll parade at every men’s game but because of the size of the audience the women aren’t worth his while...what’s the magic number - 5,000? 10,000?
Was.

He.

Invited?

I agree womens sport is under appreciated, but this is bizarre.

Buchaill Dana

He doesn't just show up, it is arranged long in advance.

This is very scraping of barrels

Roman Emperor

A war crime? It was an ambush in a war. They weren't shot after surrendering. This was the Irish War of Independence. Who do you think should have investigated it as a war crime? The British?
Was it really ? Constable McDonnell wouldn't have been aware of any war, given that it was his killing that sparked the War of Indipendence.

Breanainn

TBF, he's more of a soccer fan than rugby.