Outsider to ban local children from establishment.

• Thread starter Deleted member 48908
  • Start date

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Maybe it is a bit like those desperate little coated chicken and chip outlets you see on many a crumbling high street.

They can't call themselves 'KFC' so they have to go with increasingly depressed names such as 'Chicken Shack', 'Chicken Parlour', 'Chicken Hut' and so on.

'Coffee Twat', 'CoffeeGobShyte' etc.

CatullusV

I’m just an ordinary bloke going about his daily business.
My natural instinct is to try be helpful to disabled persons when I can.

Opening doors for them is an
obvious situation and a few times the responses and reactions fell short of normal good manners and on one occasion positively offensive.

I have never in my life had an offensive remark made to me by an able bodied person for whom I held a door open for.
You have no entitlement to any degree of gratitude beyond mere courtesy.

The Field Marshal

You have no entitlement to any degree of gratitude beyond mere courtesy.
Agreed.
But some disabled people , out of a sense of entitlement , refuse to extend normal courtesy.
As indeed do some able bodied people.

However as I stated , whatever about not saying thank you to someone who holds a door open, the only person who ever snarled , “thank you I can manage myself “ was a disabled person.

The discussion arose from a comment by lumpy Talbot that all disabled person were models of civility and excellence.in public.
That is far from the truth .

GDPR

Adults Only Coffee Shop would be one that served proper ristrettos or cafe and cognac, not the half pints of hydrogenated milk powder, sugar syrup and chocolate flavouring that so-called "adults" order now.

CatullusV

Most European women who breastfeed do it very discreetly and are very dignified about it. But a lot of British and Irish women feel the need to whip as much boob out as possible and try to make sure everyone knows that they've got them out. I don't get that at all. Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world, you don't have to whip the entire thing out in public and you don't have to make a huge deal out of it either. Lets be honest, if a woman has been breastfeeding for a while her breasts are not in the kind of shape most men would be interested in.
Many women breastfeed in a manner invisible to you.

Lagertha

Many women breastfeed in a manner invisible to you.
:confused: I have no issue with women who breastfeed, I do find women who whip a tit out and make enough fuss about to ensure that everyone in the vicinity knows they are breastfeeding extremely annoying and attention seeking. Those sort of women seem to be trying to make some kind of militant point when nobody gives a crap about their veiny saggy boobs.

Barroso

Most European women who breastfeed do it very discreetly and are very dignified about it. But a lot of British and Irish women feel the need to whip as much boob out as possible and try to make sure everyone knows that they've got them out. I don't get that at all. Breastfeeding is the most natural thing in the world, you don't have to whip the entire thing out in public and you don't have to make a huge deal out of it either. Lets be honest, if a woman has been breastfeeding for a while her breasts are not in the kind of shape most men would be interested in.
I dunno about that, but frankly I'd say your approval of their breasts is one of the last things on their minds while breastfeeding.

D

Deleted member 48908

I wonder would sleeping infants be ok by this "serial entrepreneur"? Ejecting them through a window should they wake up?

What of dogs? Will they be welcomed?

Barroso

Yep. It'll be great. And then once that's won we can start talking about the return of Exile as a legal sanction. Instead of a Fianna Fail policy.
CnaG/FG/Lab policy more likely.
1920s; 1950s; 1980s; and currently. Regardless of who had been in power previously and whether it was FF policies' that led to the depression of the time, these were all times that FG and its precedessor/sidekicks were in power. And they never looked kindly at paying the dole to endless thousands of unemployed.

FF - despite the 1980s comment by, was it Lenihan - historically tried to provide employment at home, albeit not very successfully at times.

Let's not allow our hatred of FF blind us to other realities, such as the fact that FG/CnaG were and are utterly reactionary parties. Despite the social, but not economic, updating currently underway by Vlad and his minions; always remember which of our rightwing parties is in thrall to an oligarch.

Lagertha

I dunno about that, but frankly I'd say your approval of their breasts is one of the last things on their minds while breastfeeding.
I'm a woman so I don't have any interest in their breasts anyway. Breastfeeding isn't unique,everyone has seen naked breasts we don't need them flashed at us by attention seekers who have something to prove. On the other hand you have women who would like to breastfeed but are uncomfortable or embarrassed about doing that.

Lagertha

I wonder would sleeping infants be ok by this "serial entrepreneur"? Ejecting them through a window should they wake up?

What of dogs? Will they be welcomed?
I'd gladly have dogs in a cafe, especially if we could have dogs instead of groups of teenagers. petunia

wombat

Came across a pub in Chester which boasted about being family unfriendly, no TV, Juke box, pool table, food, dogs welcome, real ale only, sounded very attractive, unfortunately, it was closed so I never got to check it out.:lol:

D

Deleted member 48908

I'd gladly have dogs in a cafe, especially if we could have dogs instead of groups of teenagers. petunia
Proper dogs only, though. None of these Shih Tzu or French Bulldog pretend dogs.

Also, this entrepreneur seemingly wants the teenagers, it's the not yet teenaged that he wants disappeared.

Blokesbloke

Excellent idea.

I have no objection to well-behaved children in coffee shops, but so many parents now just think the world has to revolve around them and their children.

I went to a cafe only yesterday and a couple took over a table for four by the till, with the buggy completely blocking access to the till on one side and only a narrow gap on the other when they'd arranged their seats around the high chair. People were struggling to get past but they just watched them struggle without a care in the world. The child wasn't in the buggy, it was in the high chair provided by the cafe, but God forbid they should fold the buggy down so it was out of the way. Parents don't do that now - ask any bus driver.

I avoid coffee shops near school chucking-out time as they are full of kids running around, climbing on furniture and screaming. I often get bumped into and since I'm often carrying a tray of a boiling hot drinks, I dread the consequences.

Some parents still have well behaved children but there is a different mindset now. If it child behaves badly then the attitude is "S/he is a child, what do you expect? That's what children do".

Well no, actually, it isn't. I expect to see children screaming, shouting and climbing in a park or a kid's play area in a pub or restaurant.

In a coffee shop I expect them to be told to sit down, speak quietly and not run about or climb on the furniture.

It's part of bringing kids up that you take them to coffee shops, restaurants, libraries etc but you do it to teach them that there's different rules for different places and they cannot behave exactly how they do in a park in a coffee shop.

But that distinction seems lost on many parents.

If you say any of this you are accused of intolerance and hating children.

But I remember being a child and I was taken to those places. If I played up, I was taken out and told off in no uncertain terms. Up until the 1990s parents folded their buggies automatically before getting in a bus - now there was even a court case because some selfish parent refused to do so even for a wheelchair user as it suited them better to have the child in a buggy in a wheelchair space.

The Field Marshal

First they came for the children....
You are being silly.
Adults have the right to have adult only public spaces etc.

Children have that right already with their own exclusive playgrounds etc.

The idea that limiting children’s access to adult only spaces violates some innate right is absurd.

Blokesbloke

This "entrepreneur" doesn't discriminate between spoiled brat or the well disciplined child. He plans to exclude all children under the age of "twelve or fourteen" with prejudice. Eliminating them altogether.
How do you propose he discriminates? A sign on the door saying "No spoiled brats"?

Do you think any parent thinks their little darling is a spoiled brat?

Pubs used to be exclusively for adults but many of them accept kids now. I don't see why there can't be the odd cafe exclusively for adults.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies