Over 100 Reasons Not To Vote Fine Gael Next Time Out

RasherHash

It's frightful that people who are so ignorant should have so much influence. ~ George Orwell

hiding behind a poster

So, I and other sane people can vote against it. That's why that Leinster House pickpocket gang will never agree to it.
You can vote against people who propose carbon taxes at the next election. Anyway I think carbon taxes were in the FG manifesto last time.

hiding behind a poster

That's not even close to what I said.
It's a relevant point though. Suicide or the threat of it should not be a way to blackmail governments.

Last edited:

Dame_Enda

Their excessive use of the Money Message to block bills supported by Dail majorities.

RasherHash

You can vote against people who propose carbon taxes at the next election. Anyway I think carbon taxes were in the FG manifesto last time.
All the establishment parties want the poor to pay for 'carbon', while the wealthy politicians and their wealthy mates continue on with their yachts, private jets and gas guzzlers.

We need to see the politicians being honest for once, give up flying, driving and become vegan.

They pretend to believe in 'climate change' but don't want to inconvenience themselves in the least.

I call hypocrisy and scam.

RasherHash

Why is it always the most vulnerable we let down in this country.

More than 1,500 people have attended a rally in Roscommon to protest against plans to close a respite centre at the end of the month. #BrokenSociety
@rtenews

https://t.co/uC6X9veFAa Mick Caul on Twitter

RasherHash

Diane Denizen
'Why is it always the most vulnerable we let down in this country'. Well, its like this, bullies always seek easy targets, did you not figure that out yet? Common sense must prevail!

To be fair to F.G. they have balanced the books ! The economy is flying . I'm prepared to give Leo my vote he has only been there 2 years .

RasherHash

What do people like Dave Murphy do, @leovaradkar ?

His wife is back living with her mother, kids in bunk beds, she's on floor in a box room. He's couch surfing, a night here & there. Sometimes sleeps in car. Works full-time. #not1home #NoConfidence #todaysor Mick Caul on Twitter

RasherHash

The shameful numbers that show clearly housing/homelessness policy’s not working. These numbers ignore those in mortgage arrears squatting in homes they can’t afford which will end in loss of their home David Hall on Twitter

wombat

Having rented there for a while, it is a disgrace.Expensive, crap and rent a room scheme with people you have really no connection with.Wages are good in Dublin, but it is victorian in terms of safe, clean, basic and suitable place to live.
Move to Cork, its a lot cheaper to rent there.

RasherHash

However, he said among the important facts were the ambulance off-load delays and the fact that the hospital was at full-capacity protocol. He called on the HSE to review those protocols because the present ones are “insufficient and unworkable”.

shiel

It's frightful that people who are so ignorant should have so much influence. ~ George Orwell
Yeah.

Our media which forms public opinion seems to have forgotten or just ignores the fact that this country suffered a spectacular bankruptcy as a result of the unchallenged reckless decisions of a small number of its own most powerful citizens in the pre-2009 period.

Public expenditure went from 19bn in 1997 to 63bn in 2009 - a more than threefold increase.

With the bailout of the banks government expenditure was over 100bn in 2010 while government income was just over 50bn in 2010.

Relative to the size of the economy that government deficit was three times worse than Greece which went bust in the same year.

To put that in 2019 perspective according to estimates present government expenditure is up just 6% in a decade at 67bn and present government income is adequate to cover it.

When we see that unemployment has declined from 16% to 5% in much the same period it has to be said that young people have jobs and the Irish recovery over the last decade has hardly been a failure.

We all have to remember the background that the present day problems in housing are much worse because of the collapse in 2009-10.

These facts get no mention by the powerful and the influential in our media.

New Threads

Most Replies