Over 100 Reasons Not To Vote Fine Gael Next Time Out

RasherHash

This is in addition to his €500,000 severance and pension package from his time in the Oireachtas.

What a bunch of unethical, selfish b*stards that allow this gravy train to continue while children in pain now have no clinic, just for starters! 😡

Half Nelson

I am a serving soldier @defenceforces and today i will make my final attempt to get a loan or overdraft from my bank to pay for xmas i do not have overtime or bonus payments and my pay does not cover my cost pf living .I am proud to serve @WPDF_2017 Frontline Defence News Ireland on Twitter
They left him his pride. What a pity it won't feed his kids at Christmas.
He's a mug.

RasherHash

Even Hermann's calling FG fascists 😂

Preparing for Saturday, @CharlieFlanagan 's facist anti-free speech troops being inspected. An army of govt funded NGOs and far left loons will be supporting an attack on your civil rights. @FineGael #blueshirts #irishfreedom hermann kelly on Twitter

RasherHash

Bosses at Irish Water are going to share in a ,€1.4 million XMas bonus , Could someone explain why the **** this is happening .

RasherHash

Should an inquiry also be held into the voting habits of Leo Varadkar and Michael Martin. Both voted fewer times than Dara Murphy in 2019 yet Varadkar is "disgusted" with Dara and is asking for him to come clean. Christy Nolan on Twitter

RasherHash

IRELAND - “We’re discriminating against #Offaly #citizens on the #social #housing list. We’re seeing #migrants not long on the list, or in some instances for a few hours, getting #houses ahead of people on the list seven or eight years,” he said... 🇮🇪

RasherHash

In the run in to a general election it's more important than ever that @LeoVaradkar clarify whether he is still uses illegal 'Class A' drugs.
It's not enough to say I gave them up, take me at my word.
he needs to clarify if he currently has a drug problem

The OD

In the run in to a general election it's more important than ever that @LeoVaradkar clarify whether he is still uses illegal 'Class A' drugs.
It's not enough to say I gave them up, take me at my word.
he needs to clarify if he currently has a drug problem
Varadkar never took recreational drugs, that would imply he has friends to take them with.

A few solpos and a mint julip do not a recreational drug habit make I'm afraid.

o_O

jmcc

Varadkar never took recreational drugs, that would imply he has friends to take them with.

A few solpos and a mint julip do not a recreational drug habit make I'm afraid.

o_O
Think that there was a gang of Young FGies back in the day (Varadkar, Creighton, McGuirk). Remember Creighton advertising on P.ie, McGuirk being a chickenhawk on P.ie over Iraq. Perhaps HBAP can provide more history on these Young FGies. :)

Dame_Enda

From what I've read, despite FG ministers sometimes talking about encouraging Irish expats to return, they have presided over a Gladiator-type bureaucratic obstacle course of form filling and jumping through hoops to be eligible for social welfare. I read an article on this in the Irish Times recently where returning immigrants mention constantly having to fill in forms.

I suspect a contributing factor might be EU laws preventing us favouring our own citizens for such things. If so, we need a government that will make the case for returning Irish emigrants in Brussels. There was actually net emigration among Irish citizens of around 1000 last year, despite overall large scale net immigration among persons of all nationalities. This follows slight net return of Irish emigrants in 2008 by a couple of hundred.

FG has also largely cemented the dominance of Dublin in the Irish economy. BBC reported a few weeks ago on people commuting from Belfast to Dublin and back again because Dublin is too expensive for them to rent in. The next government should bring back decentralisation. I can already hear the groans in the D4 elite. But Boris Johnson reportedly plans decentralisation in the UK, so its not necessarily an idea whose time has past. Dublin was recently ranked as the worst city for expats to move to out of 82 in the whole world by the Expat City Ranking 2019 by Internations. 86% said they found it difficult to get housing in Dublin, compared to 32% on average for the cities in the survey.

I think FG will suffer in rural Ireland even more so than in 2016. They lost out then because they were seen as favouring Dublin over the regions. The Direct Provision protests while partly about immigration are also about lack of consultation and perception of top-down decisionmaking from ivory towers in Dublin, and a reminder of the neglect of rural Ireland by the lack of adequate services like housing. And even in Dublin, I suspect there is growing resentment at the cost of living. On the other hand I expect FG to do okay in the super-rich constituencies like Dun Laoghaire, as the elite dont experience the long hospital queues as much because of gold plated health insurance plans and private hospitals. On the other hand, it would be churlish not to acknowledge that under FG, the roads in my constituency have much improved, with roads long full of potholes under FF now filled in.

Last edited:

Leinsterview

This is in addition to his €500,000 severance and pension package from his time in the Oireachtas.

What a bunch of unethical, selfish b*stards that allow this gravy train to continue while children in pain now have no clinic, just for starters! 😡

Food for thought.

Leinsterview

I will probably vote FG next time out. Here's my logic:

'Always hold on tight to nurse for fear of getting something worse'

-- Hilaire Belloc

RasherHash

RasherHash

-- Hilaire Belloc
Thats a regressive notion, we deserve better than FG/FF, they only care about stuffing their pockets with our money.

RasherHash

.@MurphyEoghan is at it again. Yesterday he said 10k social homes were delivered last year & 11k would be delivered this year. Yet in a recent PQ the numbers were very different. With hokey numbers like these how can we take his promise of 60k social homes by 2025 seriously?#GE20 Eoin Ó Broin on Twitter

SuirView

Thats a regressive notion, we deserve better than FG/FF, they only care about stuffing their pockets with our money.
And you vote for?
This will be good!

RasherHash

Dailigh
I don’t think I could say this enough.

If you voted FF up to the crash, then changed your mind and voted FG cos FF ****ed it all up. If you’re now voting FF cos FG are doing a poor job, you’re the ****ing problem.

The OD

-- Hilaire Belloc
People who go to the same two restaurants, time after time, irrespective of the poor service, terrible food, awful decor, crap wine selection and inconvenient location because they are afraid somewhere else might not be any better are idiots.

A large proportion of the Irish electorate are idiots.

Last edited:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies