Over 100 Reasons Not To Vote Fine Gael Next Time Out

Baron von Biffo

redneck

Given the way the campaign has gone I would be fairly confident that in the Euros, at least Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael will struggle.

Degeneration X

Given the way the campaign has gone I would be fairly confident that in the Euros, at least Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael will struggle.
FF actually beat FG in the Euros last time in terms of votes but only wound up with one seat. FF are pretty well placed to improve on that tally this time, IMO.

artfoley56

opinion pollsters in 2014 giving FG similar numbers to now, they were mostly off between 3-5%, here's to a repeat and even more!

Barroso

PS workers are generally reckoned to have been solid FF voters so FG won't be losing too much if this happens.
Well that's a new one on me.
The rightwingers on here usually tell us that the PS were solid Labour voters. When did they move to FF?

But of course, the reality is that there is a complete mix in the PS, with a lot of the upper echelons being FG. Plenty of FG in the climbers, too.
Those who stay on the lower levels maybe not so much, but it very often depends on family background too whether they vote blueshirt or not.

wombat

The rightwingers on here usually tell us that the PS were solid Labour voters. When did they move to FF?
Do you not remember your days in national school? more recently we had Joe O'Toole and the ATM of benchmarking and Hanafin, the greatest education minister teachers ever had. :)

Degeneration X

But of course, the reality is that there is a complete mix in the PS, with a lot of the upper echelons being FG. Plenty of FG in the climbers, too.
Those who stay on the lower levels maybe not so much, but it very often depends on family background too whether they vote blueshirt or not.
Haven't a few press secretaries in government departments come from the army in FG's time in office?

Baron von Biffo

If Lab had had the support of any significant section of the PS it wouldn't have remained a half party for a century. They did get PS support in 2011 but after Howlin applied himself fanatically to his job as Minister for Slashing PS Pay they'll probably never get it again.

Barroso

Do you not remember your days in national school? more recently we had Joe O'Toole and the ATM of benchmarking and Hanafin, the greatest education minister teachers ever had. :)
Joe O'Toole was an ex-teacher, but I don't recall him being FF.
Hanafin was FF alright, couldn't have been otherwise with her pedigree, though.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies