• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Over 200 staff in Anglo earn over 100K

kkkkkkkkkk

Minister for Finance Michael Noonan yesterday confirmed six executives at Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (IBRC), including chief executive Mike Aynsley, are receiving annual pay packages of more than €500,000.

There are 12 staff at IBRC in receipt of remuneration packages of €300,000-€399,000, 24 on €200,000-€299,000 and 44 on €150,000- €199,000. The packages include salaries, pensions benefits and allowances. Some 146 IBRC staff earn €100,000-€149,000, while 774 earn less than €100,000.

The figures were given to Fianna Fáil TD Michael McGrath in response to a Dáil question.

IBRC names top six earners - The Irish Times - Thu, Nov 08, 2012

Is this bank bust or not
we gave 25 billion to this bank
what is going on here ?

cuiseogach

Pathetic stuff alright,

Asparagus

Look see, no one in Anglo is earning anything.
nada zip niente

They renamed it. So there is no way you can see though that.

Its far too cunning.

daveL

did anyone expect anything different?

the Irish state has nothing but contempt for its citizens

Asparagus

I dare say they could have actually sought tenders from companies who would have been happy to pay for the opportunity to wind down Anglo for a % of the revenue.

healing hands

The average wage in Anglo was over 100k in 2008 and there is little evidence to suggest that the average has come down at all since the bank collapse.

There is even less evidence to suggest they are worth the money.
This type of Salary level in Banking is a relatively new thing. Up to the 1970's banks didn't pay their top 20% such vast sums.

This idea that if you want top people you have to pay an ever increasing top dollar is a very new concept and is without any real evidence other than other banks are doing it so we have to.
The ceo pay to average pay ratio has gone through the roof over the last 40 years.
Again there is no evidence to show that they are worth it.
It is a misguided Ideological trap we have fallen into and we need to get out of it by following a northern European model.
In Northern Europe they don't have massive transfers to banks from the state unless they absolutely have too and they get the money back.

All the evidence suggests they are not worth the money!

Bren Boru

Nothing has changed in this country. Bankers still feel entitled to earn wages many multiples of general citizens who actually do their job properly.

Its a culture thing. And the culture has to change.

Asparagus

Nothing has changed in this country. Bankers still feel entitled to earn wages many multiples of general citizens who actually do their job properly.

Its a culture thing. And the culture has to change.
Plenty has changed - the bankers have had that entitlement immunised from shareholders, economic downturns, having actual money to payones self with.

Our culture needs to show its teeth and rip this cancer from our bowels.

Analyzer

This must be occurring because not enough of you out there, voted Leo into power in the last general election.

[video=youtube;5LTCT7QIeP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTCT7QIeP8[/video]

If only Leo's party got into government this would be recitfied.

greenwithirony

Waiting for the usual group of neo-feudal finance terrorist apologists to turn up & tell us There Is No Alternative, the status quo must be maintained at ALL costs, only silly little people pay for the crimes of their betters.

greenwithirony

Meanwhile,
Kathleen Comerford, 89, who has had her meagre one hour a week of home help taken from her, expressed shock that vulnerable elderly people were being targeted.

Ms Comerford, who has severe arthritis and crippling back pain, survives on the basic state pension and has no family in the Cork area where she lives.

She fears she may now have to go into a home — at a much greater cost to the State.

"Why do they treat people at the bottom like us in this way when they let those people away with their fat pensions?" she asked.
"I got a terrible shock when I was told my home help wouldn’t be coming back — and then I saw iton the news about their €500,000 pensions. I couldn’t believe it. It’s just one hour a week — is that really too much to ask?

"My back is very bad and it means I can’t really clean up on my own. I have no family in Cork and it is very upsetting. I’ve been crying a lot because of this."
Ex-Anglo staff earning over

Analyzer

Maybe it is time for a fat plutocrat banker to write an article in THESH!TERIMES complementing Kathleen on her commitment to restoring Ireland's financial "reputation", (and his fat pensions from AIB and the EU).

I bet Donkeylaffs will raise his glass of champagne to this EU patriot, for her commitment, the next time he is at an expensive banker function.

greenwithirony

How did the Quislings in Dail Eireann respond?

Motion to end generous pensions defeated | BreakingNews.ie

A motion, calling for an end to generous pensions and lump-sums for high level office holders - including bankers - on retirement, has been defeated in the Dail

The motion, put forward by the Dail's Technical Group, was lost by 83 votes to 45.

It comes after it emerged that six employees of the IBRC, formally Anglo Irish Bank, are each receiving pay and pension packages of more then half a million euro a year.
Now whatever about the legal whats & wherefores, surely at the very least a motion could be put forward condemning in the strongest possible terms these kind of ludicrous payouts, & calling very publicly for those in receipt of them to curtail & even return some of them, as staff at NAMA have apparently (according to Collette Browne on VinB last night)?

Name & shame.

greenwithirony

Maybe it is time for a fat plutocrat banker to write an article in THESH!TERIMES complementing Kathleen on her commitment to restoring Ireland's financial "reputation", (and his fat pensions from AIB and the EU).
I'm sure you could find a few volunteers here from politics.ie's very own neo-feudal elite!

Sync

Is this bank bust or not
The bank is not bust. Further discussion on IBRC is really pointless if you don't understand the basics of what went on with the bailout.

PollPot

Micky Noonan can be quite selective re the info he grants to us plebs the taxpayers, so he obviously chose to release this for a reason. Just ask yourself, if anglo staff were paid a fortune when they were all lenders and now dont lend as they are a defunct bank, the question to be asked of Mike Aynsley is what exactly his staff do all day? was there a time and motion study on what they do now? can they be cut back to a 2/3 day week?

hammer

Another good reason to reduce pension relief to 20%

These elite need to pay more tax on these exhorbitant salaries.

james toney

This must be occurring because not enough of you out there, voted Leo into power in the last general election.

[video=youtube;5LTCT7QIeP8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LTCT7QIeP8[/video]

If only Leo's party got into government this would be recitfied.
Ive never seen lies and bullsh!t from Fine Gael exposed so eloquently.

B

birthday

Another good reason to reduce pension relief to 20%

These elite need to pay more tax on these exhorbitant salaries.
One more thing.
Would it be possible to Land a naked Ruairi Quinn by helicopter on Inishvickillaun for the winter months as punishment for his statement today defending rich and incompetent management of AIB and his continuing refusal to ensure fair play in this society. One week later land a pack of hunting dogs on said island.