Own a Vagina? Radio could be the career for you...

ruserious

Naughten prepared to bring in gender quotas for Irish radio

Gender Quotas.

How I have come to loath the term. Communications Minister Denis Naughten is awaiting a report into female participation in radio. He states he is fully prepared to bring in radio gender quotas in both public and private stations.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the State should do its utmost to protect equality of opportunity. But you can't legislate for equality of outcome. Otherwise it in an endless pit.

Imagine the the awkwardness of being hired because of what's between your legs and not your likeability or capacity for the job.

And why doesn't the Minister consider bringing in gender quotas in other industries such as bin(wo)men or fisher(wo)men?
Perhaps D4 has an excess of little darlings who studied Media Studies in DIT and are now looking for work.

Nonsense.

Rural

They seem to only need to own an arse, so they can talk through it incessantly!

Clanrickard

naughten prepared to bring in gender quotas for irish radio
naughten prepared to bring in gender quotas for irish radio

gender quotas.

How i have come to loath the term. Communications minister denis naughten is awaiting a report into female participation in radio. He states he is fully prepared to bring in radio gender quotas in both public and private stations.

Don't get me wrong, i believe the state should do its utmost to protect equality of opportunity. But you can't legislate for equality of outcome. Otherwise it in an endless pit.

Imagine the the awkwardness of being hired because of what's between your legs and not your likeability or capacity for the job.

And why doesn't the minister consider bringing in gender quotas in other industries such as bin(wo)men or fisher(wo)men?
Perhaps d4 has an excess of little darlings who studied media studies in dit and are now looking for work.

Nonsense.
ffs!

JimmyFoley

Gender Quotas.

How I have come to loath the term. Communications Minister Denis Naughten is awaiting a report into female participation in radio. He states he is fully prepared to bring in radio gender quotas in both public and private stations.

Don't get me wrong, I believe the State should do its utmost to protect equality of opportunity. But you can't legislate for equality of outcome. Otherwise it in an endless pit.

And why doesn't the Minister consider bringing in gender quotas in other industries such as bin(wo)men or fisher(wo)men?
Perhaps D4 has an excess of little darlings who studied Media Studies in DIT and are now looking for work.

Nonsense.
The day I witness Una picketing waste companies, demanding that 50% of of their bin workers be women will be the day I embrace gender quotas.

silverharp

Apply as a trans Lesbian, these days you dont need a vag to be a woman

ruserious

Jonathan Clynch could presumably apply twice for the one job?

Fullforward

I know a lot of stupid Men who think they "Own one", they tend to be house mice and bed wetters.

raetsel

Look at the photograph of the original BBC Radio 1 lineup 50 years ago in the article I linked........................

Sometimes quotas are needed. The PSNI are an example. Catholics respect them far more than the RUC. It is a far more extreme example, of course. However gender bias does exist and it should be eliminated.
I tend to personalise these things. If your mother, sister, wife or girlfriend suffered from gender bias, how would you feel?

GDPR

Gender Quotas.

Nonsense.
That Miriam person (mother of 8) on RTE lacks both of those as well as any nous, so why is she working for RTE?

dizillusioned

BTW, "own"?
OK lets get rid of all vaginas....Sort of like Statuegate... lets banish then into the wilderness....Oh sorry they belong to a person... hmmm... quandry.....

Seems to me like Nuaghton has grown a vagina ... but then again I never did gender studies classes.

forest

I haven't listened to Irish radio other than in the background of cafes shops etc in years. I listen to German and Romanian radio when working

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies