• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

P.ie to poll on salaries?

44percent

Could we have a poll on the salaries P.ie posters think Taoiseach, tanaiste, department secretaries, judges, should have? It would be interesting to establish where we see these jobs on the scale of private business remuneration and how we value them as a society.

Tea Party Patriot

They should all be cut by 44 percent petunia

Iarmhi Gael

Could we have a poll on the salaries P.ie posters think Taoiseach, tanaiste, department secretaries, judges, should have? It would be interesting to establish where we see these jobs on the scale of private business remuneration and how we value them as a society.
I can tell you now it will not properly reflect the real opinion out there. This website is heavily slanted to the begrudgers. No poll on here has ever come close to the real picture

Ulster-Lad

I can tell you now it will not properly reflect the real opinion out there. This website is heavily slanted to the begrudgers
Begrudgers?? That is funny. I thought it was an electorate.

S

simeongrimes

We should benchmark them to the European average and hope that their level of ability also, in time, reaches the european average. I hope that's not too begrudging.

Kevin Doyle

Begrudgers?? That is funny. I thought it was an electorate.
I think he was highlighting the difference between opinion here and the wider electorate. They are usually quite at odds.

Have you seen FF's latest polls?

Ruff says Flaherty

€55,000 for TDs, €75,000 for Taoiseach. Expenses should be left, but should be vouched.

socmonster

No - begrudgers - people who do little and think their neighbours own them their living.

Put up a poll and see if we are paying too much in state benefits.
How about a poll to see what the top rate of tax should be...

Con Gallagher

Three times average industrial wage for a Taoiseach, 2.5 times for a cabinet minister, twice for a TD. Pension capped at average industrial wage for all public sector workers (who are free to have their own private pension scheme).

hiding behind a poster

It's already clear how completely unrepresentative of the wider electorate p.ie is, so its hard to see the point of such a poll.

hiding behind a poster

€40,000 for a TD up to €60,000 for Taoiseach.
Way too low. You'd be closing politics down to all bar the super-rich, the corrupt, and the unqualified.

And before you all start jumping around saying that's what we already have - we don't.

SKELLY

What would your own present salary be in comparison to these figures?
you seem to be equating private and public sector salaries.

Politic life i believe should be a vocation.

You should not expect to gain financially by being Taoiseach. You get plenty of perks as it is.

This is obviously lost on our political class and the party hacks here.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies