• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Paddy Cosgrave on Aggressive Corporate Tax Avoidance in Ireland

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Mr Web Summit invites you to join him to you to learn the ugly truth about aggressive corporate tax avoidance facilitated by the Irish state.

ripping off the regular taxpayer in Ireland, Europe and the world. paddy has big dreams join him for cake and have it at Nick's Coffee Co. Ranelagh

have a go at QIAIFs, S110, ICAV and Ireland is a tax haven

tis just might be another false flag operation but make sure to have a bit of the free cake anyways.

@paddycosgrave Press conference on Wednesday at 1pm in Tramway House in Dublin for any Irish media interested in learning more about our cheeky & colourful campaign to raise awareness about new Irish tax loopholes, in particular the L-QIAIF. The press conference is titled #RealGreenJersey

Last edited:

brughahaha

Hes an utter twat ...but hes right about this , the Irish authorities shut down 1 tax avoidance scheme only to replace it with others called QIAIF and L–QIAIF

Doesnt matter though ..the peasants are happy with crap infrastructure ,an underfunded education system , non existant affordable early childcare , massive public service pensions a sh!te health service and in fact crap public services in generalbecause there is no money for these services due to our massive tax avoidance scams

As long as the peasants are happy nothing will change

Patslatt1

Hes an utter twat ...but hes right about this , the Irish authorities shut down 1 tax avoidance scheme only to replace it with others called QIAIF and L–QIAIF

Doesnt matter though ..the peasants are happy with crap infrastructure ,an underfunded education system , non existant affordable early childcare , massive public service pensions a sh!te health service and in fact crap public services in generalbecause there is no money for these services due to our massive tax avoidance scams

The highest pay and pensions for a public sector in the EU, about 45% higher than the Irish private sector pay average,undermines public sector services. If hospital pay was av UK levels,, staffing could be oncreased hugely for instance.
Ireland's strong economic growth owes a lot to modest corporate taxes and,equally important, to the stability of corporate taxes. This attracts the great majority of US multinationals.
Populist politicians will try to push short term spending at the expense of corporate taxes but they are likely to fail.For about 65 years now, the painful memory of 1950s emigration of 55,000 A year on a population of 2.8 million has kept support for 1950s radical economic reforms including low tax rates designed to attract multinationals.
1950s emigration bled Ireland white as the working age youth departed to England in huge numbers from villages and towns, especially in the West of Ireland. An acquaintance met a local in a village then who was custodian for the keys of about 30 houses of emigrant families.

Last edited:

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

so paddy says whoever did this or benefited from it in the past, present or future will burn in hell. so what government will just slap a new indulgence tax on it to compensate for the delightful sins. business as usual, happy days.

even if as paddy says Ireland ripped only 1% of the total heist we are talking 500bn+ over the last decade in tax avoided alone. Apple, Intel, Google, Intel, Microsoft, salesforce, oracle, facebook yni just love it. they will keep coming back for a few more. don't you worry they can't go without it anymore. Vestager can keep picking up the moldy crumbs like the champ she is.

Last edited:

wombat

Listened to Cosgrave waffle on RTE, do as I say, not as I do. It reminds me of the time Lowry said if he had something to hide, he'd have an overseas account, details of which were published the next day.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Listened to Cosgrave waffle on RTE, do as I say, not as I do. It reminds me of the time Lowry said if he had something to hide, he'd have an overseas account, details of which were published the next day.
singling out Philip Boucher-Hayes at RTE for giving US MNCs the best single handed job in the media landscpe was a low point. paddy, from now known as paddy the pariah, obviously didn't like the questions on his company Amaranthine, the San Francisco-based venture capital fund which is incorporated in Delaware. come on paddy you can do much better than this.

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

D

Deleted member 51920

He is selling tickets for his next 'summit' about something really, isn't he?
Lovely to have a free biscuit - just to get sold a €500 ticket about tax avoidance

Jack Walsh

there is and always has been something really dis-likeable about this guy
A kind of savvier and more media astute version of our Celtic tiger economy wreckers, but shares their obnoxious arrogance and greed
"ffs man, this country just isn't capable of joined of thinking or ambition"

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

there is and always has been something really dis-likeable about this guy
A kind of savvier and more media astute version of our Celtic tiger economy wreckers, but shares their obnoxious arrogance and greed
"ffs man, this country just isn't capable of joined of thinking or ambition"
RTE didn't like the little telling truth to power sit-down at Nick's Coffee Co. yesterday. no mention of Paddy of Ranelagh, neither Caitríona Perry and Eileen Whelan nor Sharon Ní Bheoláin gave him the tiniest satisfaction to make national news last night

RasherHash

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

Dan O'Brien@danobrien20

Breaking

Figures just out show that Irish government debt jumped by €5bn last year.

At end 2018, the state owed €206bn, close to €100,000 per person employed.

This a very vulnerable position for a small open economy facing multiple significant near term risks.
is this how Apple Inc pays its debt in back taxes to the Irish state via governments bonds bought by the escrow account manager? the money has to go somewhere. this would be an obvious place to put the cash. Apple Inc does the same with treasuries to reassure US officials.

fifilawe

In the days of the Roman Empire it used to be "Bread and circuses/gladiators/throwing Christians to the Lions".
Now it "Spin,Spin,Spin", "Tv Specials, Summit Meetings and BackSlapping ", Announcing the same thing repeatedly" and "Rabbit out of the Hat " Distractions for "The Little People" not leprechauns as Nick Abbot calls the "Hoi Polloi" on LBC radio.

Sweet Darling

cOSGROVE has a chip on his shoulder ever since he started to make demands of the government or else he would pull his summet out of Ireland. Government told him to Fu£k off

fifilawe

there is an awful reek from Paddy "Bogger" Cos.Like Mr Bon******X he preaches one thing and does the other.Both are living embodiments of "hypocrisy Do as I say , not as I do "

YouKnowWhatIMeanLike

there is an awful reek from Paddy "Bogger" Cos.Like Mr Bon******X he preaches one thing and does the other.Both are living embodiments of "hypocrisy Do as I say , not as I do "
only cause Bon******X ownes a big chunk of facebook, apple and other silicon valley royalties doesn't invalidate his views. but yes of course he is the living embodiment of hypocrisy "Do as I say , not as I do". he is good at it though

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies