• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please us viua the Contact us link in the footer.

Paddy Jackson to sue Amadan O'Riordan, over Twitter comment

hiding behind a poster

loathe and all as I am to defend HBAP but I believe hes referencing a line from HIGNFY when they were slating Michael winner who had threatened to sue them.
Correct. I don't think he'd threatened to sue them actually, AFAIR it was some other outlet who had made less than complimentary remarks about Winner's underpant hygiene.

artfoley56

Correct. I don't think he'd threatened to sue them actually, AFAIR it was some other outlet who had made less than complimentary remarks about Winner's underpant hygiene.
AFAIR the Winner threats started the liberal use of "allegedly" on HIGNFY. as for the undies, I think one of the redtops ran the story about his less than pristine undergarments and merton and hislop picked up that particular ball and ran with it.

jmcc

loathe and all as I am to defend HBAP but I believe hes referencing a line from HIGNFY when they were slating Michael winner who had threatened to sue them.
You may have to explain what HIGNFY is to Emily.

Telstar 62

Amadán is on his third nimby protest against the building of homes
in his constituency.... :sneaky:

....While regularly castigating the Govt. about the 'housing crisis'!!!! :laugh:

Emily Davison

You may have to explain what HIGNFY is to Emily.

True I had not realized it until another poster mentioned Hislop and Merton. On Michael Winner I’ll have to guess the late restaurant critic who used to write in the ST who was a favorite of mine. His mother lost a fortune on the tables of the town of shady people.

Apologies to HBAP if I took him up incorrectly.

Emily Davison

Jackson is an innocent man and should have the. Him to the cleaners.
That worked out well for him, the threat, didn’t it.

Of course if Jackson were really black like he dressed up, you would have been screaming for his head as a rapist. And if he’d been Muslim to boot, well you know the rest ...

Herr Rommel

That worked out well for him, the threat, didn’t it.

Of course if Jackson were really black like he dressed up, you would have been screaming for his head as a rapist. And if he’d been Muslim to boot, well you know the rest ...
His case was nothing like the other one being discussed as well you know.

Baron von Biffo

RasherHash

Clanrickard

“They got fired because they said distasteful things,” one reader commented. “We have a lot to learn from the Irish, and not just on the pitch.”
If it means the French Unon want to be as craven as the IRFU and give in to social media lynch mobs that would not be a good way to go.

Interesting in how rugby men’s behaviour have changed.
It has changed because heavy drinking and late nights are now no longer acceptable. The piece is another stupid hit piece. Paddy Jackson: Ex-Ulster and Ireland fly-half set for London Irish move Contrary to the piece London Irish are set to sign Jackson. Given how the piece makes out he is sh1te I'd say I trust Kidney and Co at London Irish.

Of course we don't know if their accuser has changed her behaviour.
If I was a young lad in Belfast I'd give her a swerve.

Clanrickard

Given that her anonymity is legally protected you could be playing with fire and not know.
On paper yes but in reality it seems many in Belfast know her.

Barroso

That worked out well for him, the threat, didnt it.

Of course if Jackson were really black like he dressed up, you would have been screaming for his head as a rapist. And if hed been Muslim to boot, well you know the rest ...
When the trial began, I'd say a lot of us presumed that the lads were guilty of rape.
Knowing a little about rugby culture, I certainly assumed that they were going down; not that I was taking much of an interest in the trial at the time.
That all changed for me with Dara's evidence; as soon as I heard that, I knew the girl's case was dead in the water.

Which doesn't mean the guys weren't scumbags, but they were being tried for rape, not for lack of empathy.

artfoley56

that inbred i went to school with (he thought rape was funny) i bet he still supports the IRA
id imagine that there's a significant number of those types of inbreds in listowel given the queues to shake hands with danny foley. all inbreds

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies