Paddy Jackson to sue Amadan O'Riordan, over Twitter comment

Baron von Biffo

RasherHash

Clanrickard

“They got fired because they said distasteful things,” one reader commented. “We have a lot to learn from the Irish, and not just on the pitch.”
If it means the French Unon want to be as craven as the IRFU and give in to social media lynch mobs that would not be a good way to go.

Interesting in how rugby men’s behaviour have changed.
It has changed because heavy drinking and late nights are now no longer acceptable. The piece is another stupid hit piece. Paddy Jackson: Ex-Ulster and Ireland fly-half set for London Irish move Contrary to the piece London Irish are set to sign Jackson. Given how the piece makes out he is sh1te I'd say I trust Kidney and Co at London Irish.

Of course we don't know if their accuser has changed her behaviour.
If I was a young lad in Belfast I'd give her a swerve.

Clanrickard

Given that her anonymity is legally protected you could be playing with fire and not know.
On paper yes but in reality it seems many in Belfast know her.

Barroso

That worked out well for him, the threat, didnt it.

Of course if Jackson were really black like he dressed up, you would have been screaming for his head as a rapist. And if hed been Muslim to boot, well you know the rest ...
When the trial began, I'd say a lot of us presumed that the lads were guilty of rape.
Knowing a little about rugby culture, I certainly assumed that they were going down; not that I was taking much of an interest in the trial at the time.
That all changed for me with Dara's evidence; as soon as I heard that, I knew the girl's case was dead in the water.

Which doesn't mean the guys weren't scumbags, but they were being tried for rape, not for lack of empathy.

artfoley56

that inbred i went to school with (he thought rape was funny) i bet he still supports the IRA
id imagine that there's a significant number of those types of inbreds in listowel given the queues to shake hands with danny foley. all inbreds

LISTOWEL MAN

id imagine that there's a significant number of those types of inbreds in listowel given the queues to shake hands with danny foley. all inbreds
when Listowel solicitor Maurice O'Sullivan was on Liveline he said the majority of Danny Foley's supporters were from Ballylongford

artfoley56

when Listowel solicitor Maurice O'Sullivan was on Liveline he said the majority of Danny Foley's supporters were from Ballylongford
I think Mandy Rice Davies applies here

LISTOWEL MAN

Diageo, the owner of Guinness, has cancelled its sponsorship of London Irish Rugby Club due to the club’s decision to sign former Ulster and Ireland out half Paddy Jackson.
Mr Jackson was acquitted of rape by a Belfast court last year, alongside three other men who had been charged in relation to the incident, including for less serious offences. Stuart Olding, who was at the time also contracted to Ulster Rugby, was also acquitted of rape. Both men had their professional contracts cancelled in the wake of the acquittal.
In a statement to The Irish Times, Diageo said: “We have met with the club to express our concerns. Their recent decision is not consistent with our values and so we have ended our sponsorship.”

Wise-up

Diageo, the owner of Guinness, has cancelled its sponsorship of London Irish Rugby Club due to the club’s decision to sign former Ulster and Ireland out half Paddy Jackson.
Mr Jackson was acquitted of rape by a Belfast court last year, alongside three other men who had been charged in relation to the incident, including for less serious offences. Stuart Olding, who was at the time also contracted to Ulster Rugby, was also acquitted of rape. Both men had their professional contracts cancelled in the wake of the acquittal.
In a statement to The Irish Times, Diageo said: “We have met with the club to express our concerns. Their recent decision is not consistent with our values and so we have ended our sponsorship.”

What are the ‘values’ of Diageo ? Getting people pissed, and cowardice against some sectarian, so called feminist, social media bullies ? boycott Diageo !

Last edited:

Disillusioned democrat

What are the ‘values’ of Diageo ? Getting people pissed, and cowardice against some sectarian, so called feminist, social media bullies ? boycott Diageo !
Dick move by Diageo - needless virtue signaling, probably to justify a decision they'd already made re: London Irish. We could save a fortune on the whole legal process if we just decide to hand it over to SJWs on Facebook and Twitter.

Innocent until you get 1m "likes" on #hesguilty.

Barroso

I saw that in the IT today.
I hope that their contract allows them to do this, because I doubt if a London jury would accept this sort of treatment re a person who was acquitted unanimously on all counts.

LISTOWEL MAN

sponsorship = sell something while people are watching sports etc
paddy Jackson = less viewers
less viewers = less money

just look at the box office for kevin spacey last two movies

$3,780 Rebel in The Rye
$1,349 Billionaire Boys Club

New Threads

Top Bottom