Paddy Jackson to sue Amadan O'Riordan, over Twitter comment

Northsideman

There you are.. no evidence or validation of the truth of the alleged incident.. he could have made it all up but you believe it all hook line and sinker.. he could be a total fantasist .. a stalker. But you take his dubious story at face value.
Exactly, but let's give him the benefit of the doubt and assume all is correct and I have no reason to doubt him therefore he was correct. If he made it up SFW then nobody was hurt and you can relax and curtail your angst.

Peter72

Excuse me Peter. You made a statement which I asked about and from which you have been running since. Like I said, I don't follow rugby. I never have and I never will.

Don't make statements you cant back up. That is not a defence or a justification on my part for anything Jackson or his buddies did. And neither is my question a few weeks back about why no one is questioning the girls behaviour on the night either. Why is it always the bloke? If Jacksons behaviour is fair game, (which it is), then why isn't hers?
Jackson should know better than to use a young woman as a sexual object.

Watcher2

Jackson should know better than to use a young woman as a sexual object.
It would appear on this occasion that she objectified him too. So again, why is her behaviour not fair game too? And this is not victim blaming because she is not a victim. The court declared that there was not enough evidence to suggest there was a rape. A female eye witness testified that what went on was clearly consensual.

And just in general, did you ever listen to women as they talk about rugby players? The conversations can get fairly "salty" as they say.

Peter72

It would appear on this occasion that she objectified him too. So again, why is her behaviour not fair game too? And this is not victim blaming because she is not a victim. The court declared that there was not enough evidence to suggest there was a rape. A female eye witness testified that what went on was clearly consensual.

And just in general, did you ever listen to women as they talk about rugby players? The conversations can get fairly "salty" as they say.
Wow.

Victim blaming.

When did you start having misogynist tendencies?

Watcher2

Come now.

When did these misogynist tendencies first emerge in you?
OK, you are going to vomit claims on this thread and then refuse to back them up when challenged.

So, seeing as you wont answer my questions, I feel no obligation to answer yours (even though yours are only there as a deflection and are not real questions anyway).

Peter72

OK, you are going to vomit claims on this thread and then refuse to back them up when challenged.

So, seeing as you wont answer my questions, I feel no obligation to answer yours (even though yours are only there as a deflection and are not real questions anyway).
Youre the one blaming women here dude.

Peter72

Blaming women for what? I blamed nobody for anything. Feel free to use the quote function buddy.
Your own words dictate otherwise.

What is it about the sleaze ridden world of private school rugby boys that makes one defend and deflect?

Watcher2

Your own words dictate otherwise.

What is it about the sleaze ridden world of private school rugby boys that makes one defend and deflect?
I see you didn't provide any quotes so I'll put you down as just another simpleton spewing out claims and statements with no substance.

Its ok, there are plenty of you around here.

Baron von Biffo

Ashling Thompson is a camogie player who recently pleaded guilty to two violent assaults but was allowed to buy her way out of a criminal conviction. Now she sees herself as a victim.

Wading through her self pity in the Indo today, the following caught my eye.

"Does she feel there is any difference in how male and female sportspeople are perceived when it comes to this kind of off-pitch behaviour? Or, indeed, in the support structures available to male athletes over female athletes? "There's a lot of protection out there when it comes to men," she says. "I don't feel there's any bit of protection when it comes to women. Not even protection, but just in terms of support. There's nothing really out there in terms of support [for women]. No one was putting a hand out to help me. People tend to make allowances, I suppose, for men. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or a good thing... but we give our lives to the game, we give our lives to sport - that's not to say there should be leeway - but everyone is human at the end of the day, and there shouldn't be one rule for one and one rule for the other. In terms of support, why is it not given to women? Emotionally, mentally, physically, making sure that someone is ok; I think that is a lot more available to men in sport." "

If Thompson got the same support as a male athlete she'd now be exiled.

The street mobs who howled against innocent men going free from court would surely have wanted a life sentence for someone who admitted guilt.

Brown Thomas would be swamped with letters from women's groups because they're using someone who admits to assaulting women.

Then she'd really have cause to feel sorry for herself.

Emily Davison

What had Brown Thomas got to do with anything?

John Scotus

What had Brown Thomas got to do with anything?
If you cared to read the Indo link, it would seem that the woman convicted of assaulting other women has modelled some dresses for them.

So now that the pedantic minutiae have been dealt with, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on Von Biffo's substantive point

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies