Paddy Jackson to sue Amadan O'Riordan, over Twitter comment

Peter72

Blaming women for what? I blamed nobody for anything. Feel free to use the quote function buddy.
Your own words dictate otherwise.

What is it about the sleaze ridden world of private school rugby boys that makes one defend and deflect?

Watcher2

Your own words dictate otherwise.

What is it about the sleaze ridden world of private school rugby boys that makes one defend and deflect?
I see you didn't provide any quotes so I'll put you down as just another simpleton spewing out claims and statements with no substance.

Its ok, there are plenty of you around here.

Baron von Biffo

Ashling Thompson is a camogie player who recently pleaded guilty to two violent assaults but was allowed to buy her way out of a criminal conviction. Now she sees herself as a victim.

Wading through her self pity in the Indo today, the following caught my eye.

"Does she feel there is any difference in how male and female sportspeople are perceived when it comes to this kind of off-pitch behaviour? Or, indeed, in the support structures available to male athletes over female athletes? "There's a lot of protection out there when it comes to men," she says. "I don't feel there's any bit of protection when it comes to women. Not even protection, but just in terms of support. There's nothing really out there in terms of support [for women]. No one was putting a hand out to help me. People tend to make allowances, I suppose, for men. I'm not saying that's a bad thing or a good thing... but we give our lives to the game, we give our lives to sport - that's not to say there should be leeway - but everyone is human at the end of the day, and there shouldn't be one rule for one and one rule for the other. In terms of support, why is it not given to women? Emotionally, mentally, physically, making sure that someone is ok; I think that is a lot more available to men in sport." "

If Thompson got the same support as a male athlete she'd now be exiled.

The street mobs who howled against innocent men going free from court would surely have wanted a life sentence for someone who admitted guilt.

Brown Thomas would be swamped with letters from women's groups because they're using someone who admits to assaulting women.

Then she'd really have cause to feel sorry for herself.

Emily Davison

What had Brown Thomas got to do with anything?

John Scotus

What had Brown Thomas got to do with anything?
If you cared to read the Indo link, it would seem that the woman convicted of assaulting other women has modelled some dresses for them.

So now that the pedantic minutiae have been dealt with, it would be interesting to hear your thoughts on Von Biffo's substantive point

Emily Davison

Baron von Biffo

Irish Rugby captain Rory Best gives an interesting interview here

He’s been a fantastic captain. Seems to be very level headed and a good family man.
It's a pity he hadn't the courage to denounce the misandrist protests against an innocent man earning a living.

Wise-up

He’s been a fantastic captain. Seems to be very level headed and a good family man.
[/QUOTE]
Slow day at the office, ED. Gosh, is my memory playing tricks, that you were one of 'the crowd baying to punish Best' for going to Jackson trial??

Anyway, much more relevant to the title of this thread, is the Court Judgement in the summer against an Irish vulgarian (if ever the term 'slapper' was useful), always desperate to self-publicise - who emphatically tweeted that the key Witness had been bribed, by Jackson's father and that there was money in her account. As well as photos of Jackson's modest house which she sneered at. She didn't care if she endangered their lives. I was so disgusted, I recorded a screen shot of her tweets. You won't find it on twitter now, as it is of course, deleted.
By the way, ,many of the outraged twitterati, have had their slanderous and unfounded allegations erased. (Actually, a good many of them were not actual people.)

Last edited:

Wise-up

Oh, yes, and this talentless, Vulgarian, who went to one of Dublin's private schools, by the way, gave no defence, has fled the country, and is trying using the desperate Irish media to further bully the Jackson family, by posturing that she will appeal. Not a Mission! (No doubt, she will rip-off, some equally unscrupulous lawyers.)

Last edited:

MsDaisyC

How's Paddy Jackson's case against O'Riordan going?

Wise-up

How's Paddy Jackson's case against O'Riordan going?
As you well know, publicity-hungry O'Riordan back-tracked, and apologised incredibly quickly for his stupid twitter remarks.
Meanwhile, sleazy publicity-dependent Danielle Collins-Meagher-Marr, and her 'Medium' friend will have to pay up!

Last edited:

Wise-up

Jackson has moved on with his life , those protesting him should move on as well.
But, I take it, you do understand that from what I read of what they say, the Agitators have a zeal for punishment, find it convenient to believe they know more, than the 11 Jurors who sat through 10 weeks of evidence; and so, they do not accept their Unanimous verdict(s). And Diageo went along with it.

LISTOWEL MAN

what happened with Paddy Jackson is a mirror for irish people

for decades irish people knew their place , after the church abuse cover up was exposed beyond any reasonable doubt we still had people who split hairs and tried to argue

here in Listowel a woman was sexually assaulted and people treated her like dirt instead of supporting her

i fear we will always have a rape culture in Ireland

Wise-up

for decades irish people knew their place , after the church abuse cover up was exposed beyond any reasonable doubt we still had people who split hairs and tried to argue

here in Listowel a woman was sexually assaulted and people treated her like dirt instead of supporting her

What is the Listowel case, you refer to ? Media coverage ? Did it get to court?
Yes, Indeed, the Church has had a huge part to play in the subjugation and exploitation of Irish women ?

raetsel

Jackson was acquitted within half an hour of the jury retiring by 12 men and women who heard all the evidence in detail, and each and every one of them had no doubt that he had no case to answer. Given that there is no possible reason to suggest that the jury was biased in any way don't you think that it is a bit thick to say the least that you might know better than them?
Isn't it time that you accepted that and stopped your demonisation of the man?

toughbutfair

The criminal trial requires proof beyond a reasonable doubt , wouldn't a civil trial simply be a balance of probabilities I.e 51% probable = guilty. I know that is the case in U.S law (O.J) but don’t know about here.

Massey

Like those gardai who tried to frame an innocent women over the Kerry babies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Top Bottom