• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Paedophile 70's cover up

Alledgedly there was a big cover up in the 1970's where prominent members of the entertainment industry, couple of politicians and business persons were in a Paedo ring which was broken up by Garda but because of the connections of the people concerned it was hushed up with a few people going to jail for minor offences.

Person mentioning it was comparing UK & Ireland and way the UK seems to focus more on the personal issues and this was mentioned in passing rather been the main topic.

Wonder any truth in the suggestion.

Any no names will ever get mentioned as don't wish Dave to get to the Four Goldmines.

southwestkerry

Cant say I am 100% about this but was their not something about that mad killer McArthur and the AG year's ago where info was supposedly known by McArthur about some thing like this.

draiocht23

Alledgedly there was a big cover up in the 1970's where prominent members of the entertainment industry, couple of politicians and business persons were in a Paedo ring which was broken up by Garda but because of the connections of the people concerned it was hushed up with a few people going to jail for minor offences.

Person mentioning it was comparing UK & Ireland and way the UK seems to focus more on the personal issues and this was mentioned in passing rather been the main topic.

Any no names will ever get mentioned as don't wish Dave to get to the Four Goldmines.
Your opening words don't inspire much confidence about the longevity of this thread

conservative green

In the course of the recent investigation by Jersey police into the former childrens' home at Haut de La Garenne, a number of people made allegations to police that a well known (long deceased) Irish borne actor was among those who were in the habit of visiting the island for the purposes of abusing kids. This allegedly took place in the 1960s and 1970s. Ironically (or appropriately) this actor was known for playing 'dirty old man' type characters.

Also claims that a very well known veteran British tv and radio personality (still alive) was involved in similar activity. The latter is in the course of suing a tabloid newspaper for hinting that he is a child abuser.

Regarding allegations or rumours of a similar type of cover up or conspiracy in Ireland, I don't know, but given the nature of Irish society at the time and several things that happened back then that we now know were indeed covered up (granted, not on the same scale of evil) - e.g., Ansbacher - unfortunately, I do not find such allegations hard to believe.

Last edited:

merle haggard

In the course of the recent investigation by Jersey police into the former childrens' home at Haut de La Garenne, a number of people made allegations to police that a well known (long deceased) Irish borne actor was among those who were in the habit of visiting the island for the purposes of abusing kids. This allegedly took place in the 1960s and 1970s. Ironically (or appropriately) this actor was known for playing 'dirty old man' type characters.

Also claims that a very well known veteran British tv and radio personality (still alive) was involved in similar activity. The latter is in the course of suing a tabloid newspaper for hinting that he is a child abuser.

Regarding allegations or rumours of a similar type of cover up or conspiracy in Ireland, I don't know, but given the nature of Irish society at the time and several things that happened back then that we now know were indeed covered up (granted, not on the same scale of evil) - e.g., Ansbacher - unfortunately, I do not find such allegations hard to believe.

I believe that some very nasty stuff indeed went on at parties in the homes of the rich and powerful in this country and that homeless drug addicted children were not just abused but killed .

The only one I remember making into the papers was the Kincora Boys Home one

Did a Google and got this:

Michael stone, MI5 and Kincora - Irish Nationalism
I remember the Kincora boys home one as was Irish Independent which I believe broke the story, it was where I first saw it.

A friend from Belfast told me about how her parents warned her never to go near and always crossed the street rather than walk on same side of street as it was an evil place and this was well before the story broke.

I believe that some very nasty stuff indeed went on at parties in the homes of the rich and powerful in this country and that homeless drug addicted children were not just abused but killed .
This was well before many drug addicted kids were around but given number of kids who disappeared without trace it is a valid question.

ArtyQueing

Did you ever go to a cold castle in the midlands? Some children from Kincora were rumoured to have been taken on a field trip their to broaden their horizons.

Did you ever go to a cold castle in the midlands? Some children from Kincora were rumoured to have been taken on a field trip their to broaden their horizons.
Given that Kincora was run by the MI5/6 with Sir Maurice Oldfield then would give a suggestion of a high degree of collusion on Paedo's.

ArtyQueing

Cannot say anything about that gentleman, but there were rumours that it goes higher than that

conservative green

Bump

Given that Kincora was run by the MI5/6 with Sir Maurice Oldfield then would give a suggestion of a high degree of collusion on Paedo's.
Cannot say anything about that gentleman, but there were rumours that it goes higher than that

I was reading Stuart Syret's blog [Stuart Syret is the former Jersey Senator that exposed the abuse scandals in state run institutions there], and I saw this recent post by Stuart:

Those "higher up" being incriminated?

Yes - that's exactly the case if most of the abusers and concealers were prosecuted.

The oligarchy knows they'd "spill their guts" in open court; a series of events which would destroy the Jersey oligarchy.

That's the real reason the McGuires were let off. They'd of taken down Jersey's entire child protection system with them if they had been subjected to real justice.

"Very prominent individuals outside the island"?

Yep - right again.

Very senior British figures.

Does anyone reading this wish to tell me about their experiences as sea cadets on HMS Curzon during the 1960s and 1970's?
She was originally known as HMS Bickington, but bore the name Curzon for most of her existence. Renamed in January 1976 as HMS Fittleton, it sank later that year as a result of a collision.

Yes - if only you knew how close to the mark you are with that comment.

Let me put it this way; why - in the teeth of all evidence - do people like Jack Straw obey the directions of his Whitehall mandarins - and refuse to take action against what is plainly a complete breakdown in the rule of law and administration of justice in Jersey?

A Labour Minister?

And just how - do we imagine - that things were so desperate that the Jersey and British oligarchies would engage in such ultra high-risk and extreme actions as rigging the the court case in which Justice for Families sought something so moderate as a Judicial Review of Jack Straw's failure to intervene?

Not one - but two - very carefully selected judges - one a man who had been tried for flashing - and another who was a mate of Phil Bailhache?!?

If anyone wants to add to the information I have already - feel free to e-mail me at st.syvret@gmail.com.

I have certain British establishment names - as abusers - but I want to see if others are willing to corroborate the allegations.
Bold added.

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=7124117913567332282&postID=6121778999624241566

Last edited:

Mitsui

The actual lack of anything like this (i.e. an outside paedophile ring or equivalent) is a thing that has always puzzled me about the Irish situation. Not even your classic paedophile ring per se but at least freaks interested in helpless young girls.

I'm not being either facetious or prurient at all.

Given the wealth of allegations and even documented cases in other countries, and given the abuse we know took place here both of kids sent to work outside the various institutions and sometimes by civilian employees within the institutions, I just find it statistically a bit odd that Ireland - which seems almost to have led the way in iniquity in this entire matter - didn't have at least some suggestions of outsiders being involved in things in some organised fashion.

Could there somehow be a depth of squalor that we miraculously escaped?? That seems very unlikely - we were seriously good at plumbing the moral depths.

Pedro Pique

Your opening words don't inspire much confidence about the longevity of this thread
Such complacency allowed these things to happen in the first place. :rolleyes: . Incredible stuff happens believe it or not ! 'official Ireland' is not immune .

conservative green

odie1kanobe said:
alledgedly there was a big cover up in the 1970's where prominent members of the entertainment industry, couple of politicians and business persons were in a paedo ring which was broken up by garda but because of the connections of the people concerned it was hushed up with a few people going to jail for minor offences.

Person mentioning it was comparing uk & ireland and way the uk seems to focus more on the personal issues and this was mentioned in passing rather been the main topic.

Any no names will ever get mentioned as don't wish dave to get to the four goldmines
conservative green said:
in the course of the recent investigation by jersey police into the former childrens' home at haut de la garenne, a number of people made allegations to police that a well known (long deceased) irish borne actor was among those who were in the habit of visiting the island for the purposes of abusing kids. This allegedly took place in the 1960s and 1970s. Ironically (or appropriately) this actor was known for playing 'dirty old man' type characters.

Also claims that a very well known veteran british tv and radio personality (still alive) was involved in similar activity. The latter is in the course of suing a tabloid newspaper for hinting that he is a child abuser.

Regarding allegations or rumours of a similar type of cover up or conspiracy in ireland, i don't know, but given the nature of irish society at the time and several things that happened back then that we now know were indeed covered up (granted, not on the same scale of evil) - e.g., ansbacher - unfortunately, i do not find such allegations hard to believe.
i believe that some very nasty stuff indeed went on at parties in the homes of the rich and powerful in this country and that homeless drug addicted children were not just abused but killed .
qft.

automaticforthepeople

The reference to still alive meant still alive at the time of posting and given the time that the thread has been inactive may have since passed on, There is a suggestion that someone still alive who was well known at the BBC was also abusing children in the 1970's. It's high time that that ifo was passed on for police to act on