Paisley wants Ireland re-united

picador

If the Brits were smart they'd take advantage of this crisis to hand over the North to the EU/IMF

Anglo Celt

… under the Queen

bet a few hearts raced there :lol:

VETERAN HARDLINE UNIONIST leader Ian Paisley has told the House of Lords he wants to see a United Ireland… as part of a United Kingdom under the control of the crown.

Making his maiden speech in the House of Lords today – a body to which he was appointed in July, under the title ‘Baron Bannside of Antrim’ – Paisley referenced a letter in today’s Irish Independent which seemed to cast throw in the towel and accept the prospect of being subsumed into the UK once more.

“I am not going to throw such a bomb as that into the House today,” the 84-year-old said, “but it’s a very good thought and, if we all came together with Her Majesty at our head, I think we would do very well.”
Paisley wants Ireland re-united… under the Queen · TheJournal.ie

Anglo Celt

I was wondering earlier if Ireland's loss of sovereignty would affect the GFA - and similarly - would this be possible with the GFA in place ?
Interesting observation Cruimh. Care to elaborate a bit?

C

Cass

Jeez imagine if the rest of Ireland was like the North. Thank God it isn't.

dotski_w_

Website
irishpollingreport.wordpress.com

Cruimh

Interesting observation Cruimh. Care to elaborate a bit?
If Ireland is no longer in control of her own destiny - is the GFA invalidated ?

The only options possible under the GFA are status quo and NI leaving the UK.

So - even assuming that the EU or IMF or whoever is in charge said it was OK for ROI to rejoin - and it would raise all sorts of issues about currency - and even if the UK agreed - would it be possible ?

Anglo Celt

If Ireland is no longer in control of her own destiny - is the GFA invalidated ?

The only options possible under the GFA are status quo and NI leaving the UK.

So - even assuming that the EU or IMF or whoever is in charge said it was OK for ROI to rejoin - and it would raise all sorts of issues about currency - and even if the UK agreed - would it be possible ?
That certainly puts a new spin on things. I wonder why it hasn't come up yet, why no one has raised the possibility?

Fir Bolg

That certainly puts a new spin on things. I wonder why it hasn't come up yet, why no one has raised the possibility?
Its not going to happen. Just because you have a wet dream about it every night doesn't automatically mean that it will come through in real life.

Tea Party Patriot

The Queen of Spain, maybe....lovely lady......
And the future queen of spain is hot, she could rule me anyday she likes :D

Anglo Celt

Its not going to happen. Just because you have a wet dream about it every night doesn't automatically mean that it will come through in real life.
:roll:

Have you even read what we were talking about before you spat your dummy out? We were talking about the GFA and the effects that Irelands current situation will have on it.

Anglo Celt

Mushroom

If we permit the population of the six 'occupied' counties to merge with us, would they shoulder their share of our national debt?

If so, let's agree to to admit them, we'll just have to turn a blind eye to their neanderthal mindset, raucous laughter and offensive accents.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies