Pakistani "marriage of convenience" scam uncovered

Sligoboy

Oblivion said:
Sligoboy said:
... they are in fact two sides of the same coin. One arguement nuanced, subtle and articulately put- appealing to the intellectuals, the other debasing, full of ill-informed blather and belonging in the gutter.
Give yourself a pat on the back, why don't you, for standing up for "nuanced" "subtle" debates on an "intellectual" level. How very impressive. Far from throwing cheap, petty insults, I'm sure your own posts will stand up to this high, honourable benchmark.
They are not my arguements, they are observations of the posters themselves. You Gobshite.

Gee that proved to be a spectacular waste of your time didn't it?

Also the bit in bold was in reference to 'Irishpeoplearewhingers' arguement not anything I have posted.
You really should read posts and at least try to understand what is being said and in what context before you put your f*cking foot in it.

Sligoboy

Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
To those like Sligoboy and hopi watcher who insist claims of abuses of the asylum process are 'racist', I recommend the following article in today's Independent:
FT explain to one and all how the story in the OP could be in anyway credible, when Irish law would make such a scam redundant and impossible to operate.

Do you accept the story is bogus?
Nope.
So explain why illegal Pakistani Males are advertising for Latvian woman to come to Ireland so they can marry them and get Irish citizenship, when to do so would require that married couple to have already been legally resident in an EU country for a minimum of 6 months before the Irish authorities would grant citizenship to the non-EU partner.

Explain also where exactly would these bogus marriages take place? Who would perform the ceremony? And who would sign the registry, which would of course immediately alert the dept of immigration that a Pakistani male, sorry an illegal Pakistani male was marrying in the state, if indeed they hadn't been alerted already.

This story is so bogus and so completely full of holes it beggars belief.

FT..... anything?

stopthetrain

All of them should be in limbo, but most of them has stamp and extension on their passport unlike other country that will not extend their residency pending determinations of their types of residency. :lol:

And in legal term all the extensions are regarded as reckonnable residency by law because a letter in regard to that effect of extension has already been serve to the effect of extension so no limbo on that virtue. :D

Oblivion

Sligoboy said:
They are not my arguements, they are observations of the posters themselves. You Gobshite.

Gee that proved to be a spectacular waste of your time didn't it?
They are your posts - you self-righteous prick.

And no, it wasn't a "spectacular waste of time" - creating multiple quotes takes a few seconds if you have half a brain ( and following your trail of insults was hardly difficult ).

Your contempt for Irish people is as obvious as your own, self conscious attempts at "intellectual" ( re: ego boosting ) posts. What has surprised me, is the way in which people are beginning to question the sheer boloxology offered up by open borders trolls like yourself.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before people began to ask:

"Why is it that these supposedly "nice" "wooly" caring and sharing liberals, are so often the ones to bitterly silence and intimidate opposing views?".

Your posts certainly aren't "nice" - but they provide a nice example. ;)

stopthetrain

stopthetrain said:
All of them should be in limbo, but most of them has stamp and extension on their passport unlike other country that will not extend their residency pending determinations of their types of residency. :lol:

And in legal term all the extensions are regarded as reckonnable residency by law because a letter in regard to that effect of extension has already been serve to the effect of extension so no limbo on that virtue. :D
Inquaries could take forty years but extensions can not take forty years for naturalisations of some types of residencies to arrive at, so there you go. :lol:

Athorney general better prepared. ;)

Sligoboy

Oblivion said:
They are your posts - you self-righteous prick.

And no, it wasn't a "spectacular waste of time" - creating multiple quotes takes a few seconds if you have half a brain ( and following your trail of insults was hardly difficult ).
It was a spectacular waste of time because the bit in bold (i.e. this bit, One arguement nuanced, subtle and articulately put- appealing to the intellectuals, the other debasing, full of ill-informed blather and belonging in the gutter) was, like I said, in reference to 'Irishpeoplearewhingers' arguement not anything I have posted. Your point, or rather your attempt at a point, is irrelevant and meaningless

I'll say again, you really should read posts and at least try to understand what is being said and in what context before you put your f*cking foot in it.

Sligoboy

Sligoboy said:
Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
To those like Sligoboy and hopi watcher who insist claims of abuses of the asylum process are 'racist', I recommend the following article in today's Independent:
FT explain to one and all how the story in the OP could be in anyway credible, when Irish law would make such a scam redundant and impossible to operate.

Do you accept the story is bogus?
Nope.
So explain why illegal Pakistani Males are advertising for Latvian woman to come to Ireland so they can marry them and get Irish citizenship, when to do so would require that married couple to have already been legally resident in an EU country for a minimum of 6 months before the Irish authorities would grant citizenship to the non-EU partner.

Explain also where exactly would these bogus marriages take place? Who would perform the ceremony? And who would sign the registry, which would of course immediately alert the dept of immigration that a Pakistani male, sorry an illegal Pakistani male was marrying in the state, if indeed they hadn't been alerted already.

This story is so bogus and so completely full of holes it beggars belief.

FT..... anything?
Seriously FT, anything at all?

Yosser

Sligoboy said:
Yosser said:
Really? What age are you sligoboy? Are you a student? In your twenties anyway. I was on the the dole for a period in the eighties. I then emigrated and I never ever received a welfare payment in any other country I lived in, whether I was working or not. Have you ever had to emigrate or sign on? I doubt it. Your right on attitude is pathetic.
You call this marriage scam story 'scaremongering'. So you are saying it isn't true? You also say, in response to the fact that immigrants are eight times more likely to scam social welfare, that sure Irish people were at it years ago according to 'anecdotal' evidence. Yet you are very keen on other people providing you with facts about numbers. Which is it?

Ah yes the old I smoked but never inhaled regalia. :roll: Holier than thou spoofery more like if you ask me.

I am more than old enough to have both signed on and emigrated. This country was immersed in social welfare scamming right up to the late 80's early 90's. It was practically endemic. Irish emigrants, especially in the UK, where scamming left right and centre. You denying this went on is complete bullsh1t and I think you either lived in a very insulated world or are an outright liar.

As for this bollix in the indo, I think Seabhcan proved conclusively that it is scaremonering and an utterly bogus story.

The scam wont work apparently because under Irish law, a EU/non-EU couple cannot claim residency in Ireland unless they have lived in another EU state for at least 6 month.
Well I'm not a liar and you are making a lot of generalisations there and jumping to a lot of conclusions. However I will leave it there.You obviously have a lot more time on your hands than I do, so good luck. I have nothing to gain from engaging with you and you are pretty entrenched.

Oblivion

Sligoboy said:
It was a spectacular waste of time because the bit in bold (i.e. this bit, One arguement nuanced, subtle and articulately put- appealing to the intellectuals, the other debasing, full of ill-informed blather and belonging in the gutter was, like I said, in reference to 'Irishpeoplearewhingers' arguement not anything I have posted. You point, or rather your attempt at a point, is irrelevant and meaningless

I'll say again, you really should read posts and at least try to understand what is being said and in what context before you put your f*cking foot in it.

Actually, my unfortunate chum, here's what you said:

Sligoboy said:
I have no problem with any of that, but juxtapose your post with that of Oblivions and tell me if the impartial observer could not in any way conclude that they are in fact two sides of the same coin. One arguement nuanced, subtle and articulately put- appealing to the intellectuals, the other debasing, full of ill-informed blather and belonging in the gutter-appealing to the breakfast-roll munching f*ckwits. (I'm not accusing you of anything btw but It is important to whittle out those who wish to debate the issue intelligently and honestly from those who are simply bitter, afraid, impressionable and/or racist-see oblivions post, deary me)
Looks like Oblivion (that would be me) gets an honourable mention - not once, but twice. That's funny - I don't see you mention a single other name here. All the more for me then! I get the exclusive rights to be on the receiving end of your superior c*ntology.

Any other smart a*se replies? Ok, then calm down - there's no need to squirm anymore.

To be fair, your attempts at defending your own junk are admirable - if only for the sheer determination - yet ultimately amount to the same substance-free drivel that seems all-pervasive in the original posts.

Q: What's the definition of a fascist?

A: Someone who'se winning an argument with a "liberal".

Sligoboy

Oblivion said:
Actually, my unfortunate chum, here's what you said:

Sligoboy said:
I have no problem with any of that, but juxtapose your post with that of Oblivions and tell me if the impartial observer could not in any way conclude that they are in fact two sides of the same coin. One arguement nuanced, subtle and articulately put- appealing to the intellectuals, the other debasing, full of ill-informed blather and belonging in the gutter-appealing to the breakfast-roll munching f*ckwits. (I'm not accusing you of anything btw but It is important to whittle out those who wish to debate the issue intelligently and honestly from those who are simply bitter, afraid, impressionable and/or racist-see oblivions post, deary me)
Looks like Oblivion (that would be me) gets an honourable mention - not once, but twice. That's funny - I don't see you mention a single other name here. All the more for me then! I get the exclusive rights to be on the receiving end of your superior c*ntology.

Any other smart a*se replies? Ok, then calm down - there's no need to squirm anymore.

To be fair, your attempts at defending your own junk are admirable - if only for the sheer determination - yet ultimately amount to the same substance-free drivel that seems all-pervasive in the original posts.

Q: What's the definition of a fascist?

A: Someone who'se winning an argument with a "liberal".

Christ almighty, are you capable of basic comprehension, or is making a complete idiot of yourself your favorite pass time.

You attempted to portray me as a hypocrite by saying my arguements should be judged by the following criteria nuanced, subtle and articulately put .

That would only be relevant if I claimed my arguments where nuanced, subtle and articulately put . Which is why you quoted a litany of snippets of my posts to illustrate that my arguements where in fact not nuanced, subtle and articulately put. Was it not? *

But you see, I never claimed my arguement was nuanced, subtle and articulately put I said 'irishpeoplearewhingers' arguement was nuanced, subtle and articulately put so your attempt at portraying me a hypocrite is therefore irrelevant and baseless. You getting a mention is utterly irrelevant as well. Why you mention it is anyones guess but it in no way serves your arguement or validates your point. One can only assume you like the type of your own name ;)

Now, I have explained that as simply as possible so I'm sure it will permeate that particularly thick skull of yours in time.**

The rest of your post is as a result but not surprisingly, vacuous, sophist horsesh*t.

*For the purposes of keeping this simple, we shall overlook the fact that the snippets you quoted weren't actually representative of my arguments at all but where actually my personal observations of various posters on the thread.

**Granted a significant period of time may actually be required, but I'm confident of a successful outcome none the less.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies