Pakistani "marriage of convenience" scam uncovered

hopi watcher

FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Nonsense! The excess of supply is helping to bring down prices and make them more affordable.
They wouldn't be becoming more affordable if the droves of immigration you claim is happening was actually happening to buy up the all the extra stock, now would they?

Do you actually read what you write?
I'm tired of the PC brigade like you trying to limit debate. There is also the rental sector. And Conor Lenihan acknowledged in a recent article in the Irish Times that the CSO figures on number of immigrants is likely be a serious underestimate. Also PPS no.s cannot reflect the underground economy where people are paid under the counter.

Why ever not. Is there a "rivers of blood" speech on the way? All of this scaremongering, Al Qaida etc, is racist at it's core. Go back to waffling on about Bertie and gives us a break.
No there isn't such a speech on the way. Talking about Al Qaida is NOT racist. Look at the history of France, Britain, Spain etc. with immigration from the Muslim world. The London bombings, the Madrid bombings etc. You need to get real and stop playing the race-card.
Who is playing the race card? You posted this stuff which is the product of a bored second rate journalist up against a deadline in need of headline to catch the attention of the guys with bolts through their necks who can only get excited these days if there is someone to focus their hate and bigotry on. You are a dangerous scaremongerer.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
greatdearleader.blogspot.com
Who is playing the race card? You posted this stuff which is the product of a bored second rate journalist up against a deadline in need of headline to catch the attention of the guys with bolts through their necks who can only get excited these days if there is someone to focus their hate and bigotry on. You are a dangerous scaremongerer.
There you go again - playing the race-card.

I happen to believe that Jim Cusack was brave in bringing out this story in the face of the PC-brigade like you who call anyone who wants tighter controls "racist". No doubt you voted no to the Citizenship Referendum too. Well I have news for you - 80% of us voted for that and polls have consistently shown we want tighter controls.

The world changed on 911, and our policies need to adopt to that change.

hopi watcher

FutureTaoiseach said:
I'm not sure if this is this ties into your anti-Lisbonism or just some general paranoia about the dreaded Islamic threat to western civilisation but its still bogus and utter nonsense.
If a 911 happened in Ireland I have a feeling your sentiments would be very different. There is a threat of Islamic terrorism - where have you been since 2001? That is not to tar all Muslims with the one brush, but it is a major problem today.
Of course 911 had nothing to do with the deadly antics of the US. It just happened in splendid isolation I suppose. And how gracious of you not to be tarring all Muslims with the one brush, they'll really appreciate that.

Sligoboy

FutureTaoiseach said:
There you go again - playing the race-card.

I happen to believe that Jim Cusack was brave in bringing out this story in the face of the PC-brigade like you who call anyone who wants tighter controls "racist". No doubt you voted no to the Citizenship Referendum too. Well I have news for you - 80% of us voted for that and polls have consistently shown we want tighter controls.

Oh FFS, will you grow up. Resorting to infantile Bushisms smacks of taking the piss.

The citizenship referendum had nothing to do with Al Queda or 911 you muppet.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Of course 911 had nothing to do with the deadly antics of the US. It just happened in splendid isolation I suppose. And how gracious of you not to be tarring all Muslims with the one brush, they'll really appreciate that.
While I deplore the Middle Eastern policy of the US govt, 911 certainly did nothing to help the Palestinians. It only made American public-opinion even more hostile to them. No political-cause can justify the slaughter of innocent civilians. Don't make excuses for 911.

Why is it that the moment any kind of statement regarding non-nationals is made, the guy who makes the statement is branded as a "racist"? In any case, I think that those who seek to limit debate and choke off Irish people's freedom of speech are the real racists. If these scam marriages are happening, they should be stopped. Is that such a provocative thing to say? Does that mean that FT should be wearing a brown shirt and breaking windows on Parnell Street? Grow up.

Sligoboy

FutureTaoiseach said:
While I deplore the Middle Eastern policy of the US govt, 911 certainly did nothing to help the Palestinians. It only made American public-opinion even more hostile to them. No political-cause can justify the slaughter of innocent civilians. Don't make excuses for 911.
But you can 911 as an excuse for scaremongering?

Please

Sligoboy

irishpeoplearewhingers said:
Why is it that the moment any kind of statement regarding non-nationals is made, the guy who makes the statement is branded as a "racist"? In any case, I think that those who seek to limit debate and choke off Irish people's freedom of speech are the real racists. If these scam marriages are happening, they should be stopped. Is that such a provocative thing to say? Does that mean that FT should be wearing a brown shirt and breaking windows on Parnell Street? Grow up.
Because usually they are, and that fact is borne out historically.

They usually tend to hide behind Freedom of Speech as well ;)

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Sligoboy said:

So you believe that the 80% who voted yes to the Citizenship amendment are racists? :roll:

Sligoboy

FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy said:

So you believe that the 80% who voted yes to the Citizenship amendment are racists? :roll:
I believe they where at least partially motivated by racist leanings yes.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Sligoboy said:
FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy said:

So you do think that. Well isn't it great for you to be on such a high moral perch compared to the rest of us. :roll:

Sligoboy said:

How do you hide behind freedom of speech? Openly declaring an opinion is not the best way to hide. There are a whole bunch of things that I do not like about certain cultures, including my own- I don't like female circumcision, I don't like scam marriages, I don't like arranged marriages, I don't like GAA supporters from the mid-lands- but where is there any requirement to like anything? Scam marriages are, as the name would imply, scams- why is it wrong to object to a scam?

bob3344

The Sindo and this type of racist stuff go hand in hand. What is it that you think we have that is so precious that we ought not to share it?
Sligoboy does not believe that the Irish people should be allowed to make any decision regarding immigration. We must accept anyone who scams their way in - anything else would be racism. Indeed, everything is racism to this clown - it speeds up the amount of time he spends 'thinking'.

Sligoboy

FutureTaoiseach said:
So you do think that. Well isn't it great for you to be on such a high moral perch compared to the rest of us. :roll:
I believe it to be the truth> The same way that I believe immigration levels are falling to be the truth. The same way I believe the bogus nonsense that this headline is in some way a brave defence of Irish Freedoms and an expose on a Muslim plot to infiltrate the country as complete and utter horse shite served up for the consumption of the gullible and impressionable and Tigers cubbies who still buy into the nonsense that Ireland is an economic miracle with a tidal wave of immigrants being held back by McDowells brave posturing and the good common sense of the Irish people.

It is bullshit.

Sligoboy

joebloggs333 said:
The Sindo and this type of racist stuff go hand in hand. What is it that you think we have that is so precious that we ought not to share it?
Sligoboy does not believe that the Irish people should be allowed to make any decision regarding immigration. We must accept anyone who scams their way in - anything else would be racism. Indeed, everything is racism to this clown - it speeds up the amount of time he spends 'thinking'.

Don't ****ing tell me what I believe or don't believe you spoofing gobshite. Point to the exact sentence where I said that.

I

Sligoboy

Sligoboy said:

How do you hide behind freedom of speech? Openly declaring an opinion is not the best way to hide. There are a whole bunch of things that I do not like about certain cultures, including my own- I don't like female circumcision, I don't like scam marriages, I don't like arranged marriages, I don't like GAA supporters from the mid-lands- but where is there any requirement to like anything? Scam marriages are, as the name would imply, scams- why is it wrong to object to a scam?

If this is a scam, then the Gardai will deal with it. What it is not is some Al Qaeda plot or proof incarnate that Ireland is some internationally vulnerable soft spot that is being mercilessly exploited by hordes of Pakistanis or any other nationality.

It is alarmist drivel spouted by an alarmist cow towing rag.

Sligoboy

FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy is part of the PC-brigade.
Nope, just not part of the I'll swallow any horse shit that loosely vindicates my agenda or viewpoint- Brigade

Chris_Short

FutureTaoiseach said:
Clichés are substitutes for thought and this is the hoariest phrase of them all. Considering no reference was made to the World Trade Centre attacks, this was rather unwarranted.

As to the bogus marriages, I imagine it would be incredibly difficult to enforce any legislation without necessarily invading people's privacy. Although, I would be quite surprised if the crime of fraud did not apply to these marriages since they are designed confer the benefits of legal residence and social welfare entitlements upon the parties. I am, of course, open to correction if anyone here has experience in this particular area.

FutureTaoiseach

Website
Sligoboy, reports in the Irish Independent have shown there were named individuals from Al Qaida who came to Ireland, became naturalised citizens in order to get Irish passports, and in some cases disappeared afterwards. No rational person could consent to allowing something like this to happen, especially if Ireland became used as a base for terrorist attacks in other countries. But then you are not a rational person so why am I not surprised? :roll:

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies