Pakistani "marriage of convenience" scam uncovered

hopi watcher

joebloggs333 said:
The Sindo and this type of racist stuff go hand in hand. What is it that you think we have that is so precious that we ought not to share it?
Sligoboy does not believe that the Irish people should be allowed to make any decision regarding immigration. We must accept anyone who scams their way in - anything else would be racism. Indeed, everything is racism to this clown - it speeds up the amount of time he spends 'thinking'.
Nobody is making any such claim. Stop creating strawmen. The point is that stories like this one are usually the thin cover to voice racist sentiments. Independent Newspapers have a track record on this stuff. If the so called journalist has information about law breaking then he should bring it to the relevent authorities. FT could get a nights sleep knowing that the law enforcers where on the job keeping Ireland free from others who happen to dress a little differently.

bob3344

Sligoboy , What exactly did you mean by the sentence

What is it that you think we have that is so precious that we ought not to share it?

This was posted in a thread on immigration scammers & I interpreted it to mean that we should allow these people to stay.
Is this incorrect ?

Sligoboy said:
irishpeoplearewhingers said:
Sligoboy said:
Why is it that the moment any kind of statement regarding non-nationals is made, the guy who makes the statement is branded as a "racist"? In any case, I think that those who seek to limit debate and choke off Irish people's freedom of speech are the real racists. If these scam marriages are happening, they should be stopped. Is that such a provocative thing to say? Does that mean that FT should be wearing a brown shirt and breaking windows on Parnell Street? Grow up.
Because usually they are, and that fact is borne out historically.

They usually tend to hide behind Freedom of Speech as well ;)
How do you hide behind freedom of speech? Openly declaring an opinion is not the best way to hide. There are a whole bunch of things that I do not like about certain cultures, including my own- I don't like female circumcision, I don't like scam marriages, I don't like arranged marriages, I don't like GAA supporters from the mid-lands- but where is there any requirement to like anything? Scam marriages are, as the name would imply, scams- why is it wrong to object to a scam?

If this is a scam, then the Gardai will deal with it. What it is not is some Al Qaeda plot or proof incarnate that Ireland is some internationally vulnerable soft spot that is being mercilessly exploited by hordes of Pakistanis or any other nationality.

It is alarmist drivel spouted by an alarmist cow towing rag.
Which part of the alrticle is alarmist?

Sligoboy

joebloggs333 said:
Sligoboy , What exactly did you mean by the sentence

What is it that you think we have that is so precious that we ought not to share it?

This was posted in a thread on immigration scammers & I interpreted it to mean that we should allow these people to stay.
Is this incorrect ?
Nothing at all, I didn't say that. You are quoting Hopiwatcher, not me.

Think before you jump in with both feet and make an ass of yourself.

hopi watcher

FutureTaoiseach said:
Sligoboy, reports in the Irish Independent have shown there were named individuals from Al Qaida who came to Ireland, became naturalised citizens in order to get Irish passports, and in some cases disappeared afterwards. No rational person could consent to allowing something like this to happen, especially if Ireland became used as a base for terrorist attacks in other countries. But then you are not a rational person so why am I not surprised? :roll:
The solution to your phobia is really simple-stop reading the Irish Independent. Buy the Beano, it's every bit as informative.

bob3344

The solution to your phobia is really simple-stop reading the Irish Independent. Buy the Beano, it's every bit as informative.

Yeah, well you'd know.

So, to summarise, a scam has been detected, but we canot correct it because that would be anti-scammer discrimination.

hopi watcher

joebloggs333 said:

Yeah, well you'd know.

So, to summarise, a scam has been detected, but we canot correct it because that would be anti-scammer discrimination.

No one said that. Read the posts. If a 'scam' has been detected we go to the Garda, not entwine it into a piece of penny farthing journalism to tittilate people with latent racist tendencies.

bob3344

If its a crime its news. People are interested, despite the best efforts of the PC Gestapo to stifle debate.

Sligoboy

joebloggs333 said:

Yeah, well you'd know.

The scam has been detected and will be dealt with by the Gardai in accordance with the law. What is utter bullsh1t is the wave of hypothesised drivel that some of the idiots on this this thread claim is a consequence or the motivation of these scams.

Sligoboy

joebloggs333 said:
If its a crime its news. People are interested, despite the best efforts of the PC Gestapo to stifle debate.

This scam being a part of an Al qaeda plot? Evidence that we are about to be swallowed up by a deluge of immigration? Vidication of McDowels rantings in the Dail and media pre-referendum?

You call that debate?

bob3344

Do you call screaming 'racist' over and over again to be debate ?

hopi watcher

joebloggs333 said:
What do you think motivated the poster to open this thread? What was served by doing so? Maybe if we start there.

Sligoboy

joebloggs333 said:

Again, where on earth do you glean your musings from. Highlighting bullsh1t is a world away from screaming racism over and over again.

If you want to debate this honestly, in context and most definitely without straw men, fine.

If not. On your bike.

Catalpa

Sligoboy said:
Catalpa said:
Sligoboy said:
Sweet jesus, immigration is over. People are not coming here in their droves, in fact they are leaving.

What the f*ck is this scaremongering all about?
Over 30,000 more immigrants arrived here in the 1st three months of 2008 while 28,000 people lost their jobs - what the f.cuk are you on about? :roll:
Really? Where did you pull that figure from?

What was the Figure for the first three months of 2002/3/4/5/6/7?

The corner has been turned, Ireland most certainly is not an attractive destination for immigrants anymore. Those who have come in the last 6-7 years are leaving.
OK Out with it - What are you smoking?

hopi watcher

Catalpa said:
Sligoboy said:
Catalpa said:
Sligoboy said:
Sweet jesus, immigration is over. People are not coming here in their droves, in fact they are leaving.

What the f*ck is this scaremongering all about?
Over 30,000 more immigrants arrived here in the 1st three months of 2008 while 28,000 people lost their jobs - what the f.cuk are you on about? :roll:
Really? Where did you pull that figure from?

What was the Figure for the first three months of 2002/3/4/5/6/7?

The corner has been turned, Ireland most certainly is not an attractive destination for immigrants anymore. Those who have come in the last 6-7 years are leaving.
OK with it - What are you smokingOut ?
More succinct debate!!!

Sligoboy

Catalpa said:
OK Out with it - What are you smoking?
Wheres your figures? Links please, not just figures plucked out of your head. Prove conclusively that Immigration is rising using comparative figures for the preceding years as far back as you care to. Puerile utterances don't prove anything to anyone.

In the meantime read this and then get back to me
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/ma ... mmigration
'The Polish community in Ireland, which is estimated at around 230,000, is experiencing the largest exodus of workers back either to their homeland or other parts of the EU in search of work.'

hopi watcher said:
joebloggs333 said:
What do you think motivated the poster to open this thread? What was served by doing so? Maybe if we start there.
It served me pretty well- i missed the story and now I can see that there are organized scams to sidestep our immigration rules and procedures. I am glad that I know.

Sligoboy

hopi watcher said:
joebloggs333 said:
It served me pretty well- i missed the story and now I can see that there are organized scams to sidestep our immigration rules and procedures. I am glad that I know.
Do you believe the Gardai are powerless in this matter? Do you believe this is an Al Queda plot? Do you believe that immigration is rising and these scams prove that conclusively?

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies