• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Pakistani Soldier Stoned To Death For Relationship With Local Girl

Mikey Moloney

You have to despair of the human race sometimes. This is like something out of the bible. A Pakistani soldier apparently fell in love with a local woman in a deeply conservative semiautonomous tribal region. The locals did not approve. The fate of the girl is unclear, but as generally speaking women get stoned in Pakistan more than men, we can probably expect a grisly fate for her too.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan — Tribesmen tied a Pakistani soldier to the hood of a car and stoned him to death in the country's restive northwest for allegedly having a romantic relationship with a local woman, government officials and a tribal elder said Wednesday.

The grisly incident took place Tuesday in Parachinar, the capital of the Kurram tribal area. Kurram is part of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal region, which runs along the country's border with Afghanistan and is dominated by conservative Pashtun tribesmen.

The soldier, Nooruddin Aalam, allegedly began his relationship with the woman during a previous posting in the area, said a local government official. He was transferred elsewhere three months ago but returned to see the woman in recent days, said the official.

Residents allegedly caught the couple dating, said a local tribal elder. Leaders of various tribes met Monday and decided the soldier should be executed according to Islamic law, said the elder.

A second government official said locals took Aalam to a graveyard, tied him to the hood of a car and stoned him to death, then shot him.

Twin Towers

You have to despair of the human race sometimes. This is like something out of the bible. A Pakistani soldier apparently fell in love with a local woman in a deeply conservative semiautonomous tribal region. The locals did not approve. The fate of the girl is unclear, but as generally speaking women get stoned in Pakistan more than men, we can probably expect a grisly fate for her too.

Pakistan must be the most awful hell hole on the face of the planet.

Aindriu

Stone age barbarity lives on in Pakistan that's for sure.

Ribeye

Priests and Politicians, the greatest evils ever known to man,

Nemesiscorporation

I don't think anyone in Ireland can condemn this without being hypocritical.

Northern Ireland not so long ago. The woman tied to the post who was tarred and feathered was from Derry.

From BBC News - Has Northern Ireland left the past behind?

I remember not so long ago what happened when a protestant and a catholic had a relationship in Northern Ireland. I remember the way both communities would react against them.

Ribeye

enuffisenuff

Yep.........stone age stuff alright.......although they do like their nukes.......go figure......

Astral Peaks

Tied to a car? Was it his own?

enuffisenuff

Northern Ireland not so long ago. The woman tied to the post who was tarred and feathered was from Derry.

I remember not so long ago what happened when a protestant and a catholic had a relationship in Northern Ireland. I remember the way both communities would react against them.
so...........I condemn the incident in Pakistan......so I'm being a hypocrite? WTF???

cathalbrugha

That's an appalling Spoof. That wasn't a sectarian attack. Have you even bothered to read the article?

Nemesiscorporation

That's an appalling Spoof. That wasn't a sectarian attack. Have you even bothered to read the article?
I have read it and saw the reality as a child with my own eyes.

Do you not like knowing the reality of what life was like under the paramilitaries?

IvoShandor

Twitter
yes
Religion on its own is quite often enough. Add politics to the mix and you always have a recipe for disaster.
Despite that fact that the man was a soldier, I doubt that politics had much, or anything, to do with it. I'd say that his being an outsider-outside the village-would have been quite sufficient. Locals in the tribal areas have a very low threshold for what they consider death-deserving offenses. Anyway,this incident is-unhappily-hardly unusual,strange or startling. In that horrible country things like this are par for the course.

cathalbrugha

Just making clear that in Ireland the mentality that killed that soldier and abuses women has been alive and well in Ireland.
You've tried to compare a punishment attack in Ireland, in the Occupied Six Countys* against a woman who was dating a member of perhaps The Parachute Regiment, to someone being stoned to death in Pakistan.

The Parachute Regiment shot all those innocent marchers dead on Bloody Sunday, don't forget. How does that square with your attempt at revisionism, by trying to portray the War of Independence as a sectarian squabble? Get a bloody grip..

*Occupied Six Countys is a term that was used by all sides, including pacifists.