Palestinian President Threatens Legal Action Against The UK Over Balfour Declaration.

maxflinn

This is interesting. I wonder how he will go about it..

No mention of the story on BBC News yet.

Could he be successful? If so I guess the UK would be looking at an astronomical figure for damages.

I say good luck to him.

Palestinian president plans to sue Britain over 1917 Balfour Declaration and support for Israeli crimes

The Palestinian president has announced his intention to sue the British Government over a 1917 declaration that paved the way for the creation of Israel.

Mahmoud Abbas’ statement, delivered in his absence by foreign minister Riyad al-Maliki, was given at the opening of this week’s Arab League summit in Mauritania.

It called on other states in the alliance to help the Palestinian government launch a lawsuit against the UK over the Balfour Declaration and the subsequent creation of Israel in 1948.

RasherHash

Great.

Lawsuits are the way to go to get justice for Britains horrific imperialist past.

Speedfreak

Palestinian president plans to sue Britain over 1917 Balfour Declaration and support for Israeli crimes

The Palestinian president has announced his intention to sue the British Government over a 1917 declaration that paved the way for the creation of Israel.

Mahmoud Abbas’ statement, delivered in his absence by foreign minister Riyad al-Maliki, was given at the opening of this week’s Arab League summit in Mauritania.

It called on other states in the alliance to help the Palestinian government launch a lawsuit against the UK over the Balfour Declaration and the subsequent creation of Israel in 1948.
Hmmm. The odious Arab League, founded by Al Husseini, the Mufti of Jerusalem. (Founding countries were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Yemen.)

The same Arab League that declared Jihad (Holy War) against Israel in 1948. - All members of this Arab League then invaded Israel, under the heed of the League's President, the Mufti, who declared, “I declare a Holy War, My Muslim Brothers! Murder the Jews! Murder them all!”

The same Arab League that declared ALL wars against the State of Israel in the 20th century. (1948, 1956, 1967, 1973). It also supported both Intifadas.

I am coming to think that Abbas may well be "the most devious of them all" as one of our own personae non gratae put it as a mark of respect to a protege...

GDPR

This is interesting. I wonder how he will go about it..

No mention of the story on BBC News yet.

Could he be successful? If so I guess the UK would be looking at an astronomical figure for damages.

I say good luck to him.

Great idea. The Brits had no right to make a gift of stolen property to the Jews as a bribe for getting the USA into WW1.

GDPR

Hmmm. The odious Arab League, founded by Al Husseini, the Mufti of Jerusalem. (Founding countries were Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Saudi Arabia, Syria and Yemen.)

The same Arab League that declared Jihad (Holy War) against Israel in 1948. - All members of this Arab League then invaded Israel, under the heed of the League's President, the Mufti, who declared, “I declare a Holy War, My Muslim Brothers! Murder the Jews! Murder them all!”

The same Arab League that declared ALL wars against the State of Israel in the 20th century. (1948, 1956, 1967, 1973). It also supported both Intifadas.

I am coming to think that Abbas may well be "the most devious of them all" as one of our own personae non gratae put it as a mark of respect to a protege...
Israel is a criminal terrorist state, based on the Holocaust of the Palestinian People.

T

Thomas_IV

Great.

Lawsuits are the way to go to get justice for Britains horrific imperialist past.
Don´t Forget to take the French with them, cos they were part of the Mandate Nations in the MidEast after WWI. But your ilk rather has the Focus on the Brits alone. Short sighted as ever.

As for the Palestinian Terrorist President and his efforts: :lol: He won´t get that far with it.

GDPR

As for the Palestinian President and his efforts, he won´t get that far with it.
Of course he won't. The so called international courts are owned by the worst offenders - including the Brits and the Yanks.

Speedfreak

However, such a lawsuit may very well open an interesting can of worms.

It was actually the Balfour declaration in 1917 that first gave Palestinian Arabs rights and freedoms they NEVER had under more than two centuries of Turkish rule.

The Palestinian Arabs were NEVER recognised by the Ottoman empire as possessing any distinct national identity or rights.

And in the period of time from the Versailles conference until the partition debate in the UN, Arab spokesmen and the self-appointed "Palestinian leadership" insisted that Palestine was Southern Syria and that to confer independence on the region infringed on the Arab nationalist vision.

So perhaps this lawsuit could well undo the "story" they have been holding up the last fifty years or so.

kalipa

Yes Yes we know the history. What about today ? What do you think of the Palestinians using peaceful "lawfare" instead of bombs or blackmail to get justice for the wrongs done to them

Speedfreak

Israel is a criminal terrorist state, based on the Holocaust of the Palestinian People.
Yes. That is the view of people with such views as you hold.

GDPR

Indeed, it is the view of all intelligent people. Even the likes of Moshe Dayan admitted that Jewish towns and villages are built on the ruins of Arabs towns and villages, the memory of which have been erased from the geography books.

Old Mr Grouser

Most Jewish Israelis were born there; and they're the descendants of immigrants who came to Israel because, after being thrown out from somewhere else - simply because they were Jewish - there was nowhere else that would take them.

kalipa

Great idea. The Brits had no right to make a gift of stolen property to the Jews as a bribe for getting the USA into WW1.
They also promised the Palestinians self determination if the revolted against the Ottoman Empire but lied and reneged on those promises.

During 1915–1916, as World War I was underway, the British high commissioner in Egypt, Sir Henry McMahon, secretly corresponded with Husayn ibn ‘Ali, the patriarch of the Hashemite family and Ottoman governor of Mecca and Medina. McMahon convinced Husayn to lead an Arab revolt against the Ottoman Empire, which was aligned with Germany against Britain and France in the war. McMahon promised that if the Arabs supported Britain in the war, the British government would support the establishment of an independent Arab state under Hashemite rule in the Arab provinces of the Ottoman Empire, including Palestine. The Arab revolt, led by Husayn’s son Faysal and T. E. Lawrence (“Lawrence of Arabia”), was successful in defeating the Ottomans, and Britain took control over much of this area during World War I. But Britain made other promises during the war that conflicted with the Husayn-McMahon understandings. In 1917, the British foreign minister, Lord Arthur Balfour, issued a declaration (the Balfour Declaration) announcing his government’s support for the establishment of “a Jewish national home in Palestine.” A third promise, in the form of the Sykes-Picot Agreement, was a secret deal between Britain and France to carve up the Arab provinces of the Ottoman Empire and divide control of the region.
Primer on Palestine, Israel and the Arab-Israeli Conflict | Middle East Research and Information Project

Last edited:
T

Thomas_IV

You are dealing with a poster I have down as one of the hardcore Neo-Nazis on this site, whether he admits it or not (for he´s in constant denial of that fact, but he is nonetheless).

GDPR

Most Jewish Israelis were born there; and they're the descendants of immigrants who came to Israel because, after being thrown out from somewhere else - simply because they were Jewish - there was nowhere else that would take them.
Hardly an excuse for carrying out a Holocaust against the native population.

GDPR

You are dealing with a poster I have down as one of the hardcore Neo-Nazis on this site, whether he admits it or not (for he´s in constant denial of that fact, but he is nonetheless).
And do you think being German gives you a special insight into Neo-Nazis?

Speedfreak

Yes Yes we know the history. What about today ? What do you think of the Palestinians using peaceful "lawfare" instead of bombs or blackmail to get justice for the wrongs done to them
I think it's a little bit like Sinn Fein and the IRA. The older terrorist groups develop "respectability", while they spawn and hive off newer groups to undertake the dirty work of terrorism and bombing and killing. But if you look to the link to the video of Abbas in my first post, they are inevitably still the exact same underneath the "respectable" charade.

T

Thomas_IV

Taidhg Gaelach, you´re on ignore and I don´t read your crap unless I have to misfortune to read it through others posters quotations.

Just for your notice.

GDPR

The also promised the Palestinians self determination if the revolted against the Ottoman Empire but lied and reneged on those promises.
Lies come very easily from the mouths of the British ruling class.

New Threads

Most Replies