Panama papers journalist assassinated in car bomb

automaticforthepeople

McTell

Twitter
No
No more holliers in valetta :-(

Ulpian

I am shocked by this. My wife's family is from the same village, Bidnija, and I have driven many times along the road where the device went off.

I am a regular reader of Daphne's blog and columns. Apart from the politics, she also more or less single-handedy does the monthly food supplement for one of the Maltese newspapers and the issue carrying it is always sold out.

There, I am catching myself still talking about her in the present tense.

What has happened in Malta under Muscat's Labour Party since they were elected in 2013 is effectively state capture. Corruption on a massive scale. Yes, there had been some corruption under the previous Nationalist Party but that was the exception and relatively low level and individual, not systemic, and there were real improvements. What is happening in Malta now is worse than Haughey in Ireland in the 1980s. Muscat is essentially bought and paid for by the Aliyev family of Azerbaijan who have ruled there since 1993 and with whom Muscat first became acquainted when he was a MEP and member of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees. Other Labour ministers such as Konrad Mizzi are also corrupt. Many of the honest Labour MPs have either quit the party and formed an alliance with the National Party or have quit parliament altogether.

I have no doubt that it was associates of Muscat that had Daphne killed.

automaticforthepeople

A good forensic investigation may well get an insight on the type of explosive used. That might point the finger towards the culprits

General Urko

I remember thinking That Malta was the safest country, I have ever been in, absolutely lovely people, but they drive like fooking loons!

Man or Mouse

A good forensic investigation may well get an insight on the type of explosive used. That might point the finger towards the culprits
Given what Ulpian posted from first hand knowledge, I'd guess such an outcome to be unlikely.

Why would someone with the option of living anywhere go live in such a place? I wonder.

Catalpast

I am shocked by this. My wife's family is from the same village, Bidnija, and I have driven many times along the road where the device went off.

I am a regular reader of Daphne's blog and columns. Apart from the politics, she also more or less single-handedy does the monthly food supplement for one of the Maltese newspapers and the issue carrying it is always sold out.

There, I am catching myself still talking about her in the present tense.

What has happened in Malta under Muscat's Labour Party since they were elected in 2013 is effectively state capture. Corruption on a massive scale. Yes, there had been some corruption under the previous Nationalist Party but that was the exception and relatively low level and individual, not systemic, and there were real improvements. What is happening in Malta now is worse than Haughey in Ireland in the 1980s. Muscat is essentially bought and paid for by the Aliyev family of Azerbaijan who have ruled there since 1993 and with whom Muscat first became acquainted when he was a MEP and member of the EU-Azerbaijan Parliamentary Cooperation Committees. Other Labour ministers such as Konrad Mizzi are also corrupt. Many of the honest Labour MPs have either quit the party and formed an alliance with the National Party or have quit parliament altogether.

I have no doubt that it was associates of Muscat that had Daphne killed.
Thanks for the update

Bad an all as things were here under Haughey he didn't have anyone killed though

IIRC only one journalist was murdered up the North

- and that was by Loyalists...

former wesleyan

I went in and out of Malta when I worked in Libya and many of the expats I worked with lived there. It was always thought of as corrupt as I remember. I'm quite sure some of the Libyan factions have their bases there.

callas

Apart from Muscat she seems to have been critical of opposition politicians as well.
This is dreadful news , May she rest in peace.

She was favorable to the National Party and its leader Simon Busuttil who was rejected by the Maltese people as prime minister in June this year.

There are scurrilous and unsubstantiated remarks being being made on this thread but that is the way of obituary threads in this medium.

I do not know why I am surprised.

Ulpian

This is dreadful news , May she rest in peace.

She was favorable to the National Party and its leader Simon Busuttil who was rejected by the Maltese people as prime minister in June this year.

There are scurrilous and unsubstantiated remarks being being made on this thread but that is the way of obituary threads in this medium.

I do not know why I am surprised.
Irish Labour Party shil supports corrupt sister party in other EU member state. Quelle surprise.

I look forward to the day when the Irish Constitution is changed so that it removes the right to life from all those who have ever expressed written support for the Irish Labour Party. Then, in the immortal words of The Princess Bride:

Westley: To the pain means the first thing you will lose will be your feet below the ankles. Then your hands at the wrists. Next your nose.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my tongue I suppose, I killed you too quickly the last time. A mistake I don’t mean to duplicate tonight.
Westley: I wasn’t finished. The next thing you will lose will be your left eye followed by your right.
Prince Humperdinck: And then my ears, I understand let’s get on with it.
Westley: Wrong! Your ears you keep and I’ll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, “Dear God! What is that thing,” will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever.

callas

Irish Labour Party shil supports corrupt sister party in other EU member state. Quelle surprise.

I look forward to the day when the Irish Constitution is changed so that it removes the right to life from all those who have ever expressed written support for the Irish Labour Party. Then, in the immortal words of The Princess Bride:
You sound like a nasty and fanatical freak, I have to say.

That mixture of violence and fantasy that you quote makes me glad that I am engaging with you over the internet and not in real life.

You stick to the keyboard bashing, you hear and don´t be hurting anyone.

Ulpian

You sound like a nasty and fanatical freak, I have to say.

That mixture of violence and fantasy that you quote makes me glad that I am engaging with you over the internet and not in real life.

You stick to the keyboard bashing, you hear and don´t be hurting anyone.
Massive sense of humour failure there. Have you even seen The Princess Bride? If not, then cultural ignorance also.

gerhard dengler

Was this lady working on an expose about financial dealings concerning Malta?

Condolences to this lady's loved ones.

The Field Marshal

Malta is an EU country.
So is Spain.

In Spain opponents of the govt get their heads beaten to a pulp by the police.
In Malta they get blown to smithereens.

That's the EU for you.
All bow to the new German order and Fourth Reich.

Cailleach

The quote below taken from the journal.ie article on this:

See Times of Malta report quoting her son
“one of the police sergeants who is supposed to be investigating her murder, Ramon Mifsud, posted on Facebook, “Everyone gets what they deserve, cow dung! Feeling happy :)”

Will grant to this site that it at least used the word 'assassinated' rather than the anodyne 'killed' used by journal.ie

So much for your 'good forensic investigation'.

Vega1447

Malta is an EU country.
So is Spain.

In Spain opponents of the govt get their heads beaten to a pulp by the police.
In Malta they get blown to smithereens.

That's the EU for you.
All bow to the new German order and Fourth Reich.
According to you, everything bad in Europe is the fault of the EU while everything good is to the credit of brave Dead Prussian Generals. :)

RasherHash

[video=youtube;BUEZrulwPY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUEZrulwPY8[/video]

New Threads

Most Replies