Panda: eats, shoots and wants the right to enter your premises

damus

Btw, incontinence/nappies and diabetic needles/blood products could be seen as hazardous waste. There should be a system where those sort of products can be safely disposed of and incinerated.

damus

– The right to enter on to customers’ property to inspect bins

– The right to alter charges in light of Government regulation or other factors, such as a rise in fuel costs

– Additional charges for hazardous waste, which require immediate payment

– A charge of €15 on unpaid direct debit instalments

– A charge of €30 for cleaning a bin at the end of a contract

– Panda says it “shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to Panda’s failure to deliver or perform the services promptly or at all”.

– The customer should indemnify Panda for any loss or damage to the bins.

– The customer should accept full responsibility “for any costs or liability due to the bins obstructing any person(s) or property or being in a location they should not be”.

- Under the new contracts being issued by the bin company, customers will be fined €10-€25 for putting contaminated waste in any of its green, brown or black bins.

- Unpaid fines will be levied with a 1 per cent per month compound interest charge on overdue accounts.
Love the bit where they expect the consumer to indemnify the waste provider for negligence on their own part....and what laws allows them to enter private property? Seems to me that there's T&C's that constitute unfair terms in a consumer contract.

EoinMag

Why are people moaning about paying, just pay up and get on with it
They're not, they are complaining about the intrusive new contracts.

There are a surprising amount of people who can access your premises as a right. The Office of Consumer Affairs, for one.

nwofg1

There are a surprising amount of people who can access your premises as a right. The Office of Consumer Affairs, for one.
Only people who have something to hide like council estate wasters who deal drugs dont want people on there property, shinners

artfoley56

do you mean the CCPC

There's a big difference between statutory bodies/government agencies and a private enterprise and by and large the state agencies look for warrant before going near a private dwelling

Only people who have something to hide like council estate wasters who deal drugs dont want people on there property, shinners
One of them appears to have stolen your literacy.

do you mean the CCPC

There's a big difference between statutory bodies/government agencies and a private enterprise and by and large the state agencies look for warrant before going near a private dwelling
I guess that the private company will claim that they are acting as agents for the state in delivering a service and that by agreement they have inherited some of the rights associated with that delivery.

ShoutingIsLeadership

Sign the contract, but add a comment that you retain the right to beat the sh1t out of any Panda employee who enters your property

I put the fúcking neighbour's dog's turd on my compost heap. It's gone very fast. A month or so on a well mixed heap. Maybe my neighbour feeds him something different.
My compost heap was stolen two years ago. True story.

gerhard dengler

The Revenue Commissioners and Customs & Excise arguably have more power than AGS when it comes to entering property.
Neither agency require a court order to do so.

silverharp

they shouldn't call them fines but no problem hitting people with charges, if you have the "intelligence" to work a mobile phone you can work out that plastic or metal shouldn't go in the brown bin.
They should only inspect the bins when they collect them though

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies