Panda: eats, shoots and wants the right to enter your premises

former wesleyan

It doesn't take that long to break down. I've two mutts and I won't go into the details.
I think that dog food nowadays contains a lot less bonemeal than it used to, so you could be right. I'm talking about over 20 years ago.

artfoley56

I guess that the private company will claim that they are acting as agents for the state in delivering a service and that by agreement they have inherited some of the rights associated with that delivery.
but all the state agencies have "authorised officers" and the powers and duties of authorized officers are all clearly legislated for and the officers all have to be appointed by the minister or head of the agency. I can't see how Panda could do so without such provisions as below for example and this is why they are seeking the powers by consent

Competition and Consumer Protection Act 2014, Section 37
Control of Exports Act 2008
Workplace Relations Act 2015, Section 26

ands here's the waste management act
Waste Management Act, 1996, Section 14

damus

Some feral cat is engaging in that practice in my garden. Disgusting beast. I will rearrange the shape of it's arse if I ever get close enough!
Empty bottles of Coke etc and fill it with water does the trick. Had the same problem.

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
Empty bottles of Coke etc and fill it with water does the trick. Had the same problem.
Any plastic bottle filled with water. I have absolutely no idea how it works.

I wonder could the East German invention of the trip-wire triggered automatic machine gun could be adapted for the purpose.

Round tower

I seem to remember a couple of years ago watching the news, i may have been in NI, where the brown and green bins had a device on them where if the wrong material was put in the bins, the bins would let off a warning noise to alert the person that he had deposited the wrong material in the bin, would be a great idea in the ROI

Toland

Website
www.aggressive-secularist.com
I seem to remember a couple of years ago watching the news, i may have been in NI, where the brown and green bins had a device on them where if the wrong material was put in the bins, the bins would let off a warning noise to alert the person that he had deposited the wrong material in the bin, would be a great idea in the ROI
That sounds like serious technology. Do you know the company that invented it? I'd really love to buy shares!

Half Nelson

– The right to enter on to customers’ property to inspect bins
Will they peer through your windows, check your doors and water the geraniums while they're at it?

Watcher2

People need to stand up and tell Panda where to go. They are making good money on some of this material recycling it away, they messed up and tried to stiff the Chinese with nappies etc thrown into the paper waste and they lost out, all this is about is them them trying to keep there average ton price to keep the profits rolling in. The Government yet again selling the Irish people. The report in today's Irish Times states they will have cameras in trucks, making sure that green bins have no barred waste, interest will be added. If we allow Panda and the rest of the cartel get away with this, we will have another toll bridge fiasco charging outrageous fines
This needs to be handled very carefully. I will add though that we Irish are a very bad bunch with little or no civic mindedness in general. We are a dirty bunch. We really are. Fly tipping, dog feces, general litter, general low level lawlessness (and yes, I know we have prisons full of scumbag thieves and feral b@stards etc) for example, tax evasion seen as a "one up" on da man. Insurance fraud through the roof etc

So I kinda see the need for the waste collectors to check the bins to ensure whats in the recycling bin and compost bin are actually recyclable and compostable. If either bin is "tainted" then those responsible should pay the cost of sorting it out. Otherwise, we all have to pay for it.

Watcher2

I am reminded ofr a Ripleys Believe it or Not "episode" (This was in the Jack Palance days) of Jack going to a waste treatment facility in the US (I'm talking about the 80's here btw). At this facility, a type of plant was put into (sitting on top of) big vats of urine. The plants extracted the impurities (no, I'm not taking the p1ss:p see what I did there?) and the water was rendered drinkable with little or no additional treatment. The plants, when they served their urine extraction function, were then sold off as fodder or something like that. The end of the segment saw Palance with a glass of the water as he signed of in his usual way, chugged the glass of water back his throat and said the infamous words "Believe it, or not". Classic.

I'm not sure if it was the same "episode" but there was a city somewhere in the US and the council placed millions of earthworms in the sewer system. The earthworms essentially ate the sewage and left their castings (worm poo). I remember the shot and the castings looked like powder when it was collected up. It was sold to farmers as fertilizer.

Now, apologies for a bit of vagueness above, we are talking about the 80's so quite a long time ago. But I always remember it generally and always thought how progressive it was and such sense it made. I still don't know why such things don't get such wide appeal and implemented. Now, its politicians who make these kinds of decisions I suppose so perhaps there's the answer. Politicians love complication and s[pending taxpayers money.

Cvnts!!

Politics matters

Dangerous business, travellers and robbers will likely disguise themselves as Panda inspectors in order to enter the homes of unsuspecting pensioners.

nwofg1

I think the people in the shinner corporation estates should pay

Indeed. White, powdery cacks seem to be a thing of the past.
I have often wondered whether one reason for the absence of white dog eggs on the streets was because back in the day dog eggs would remain in situ long enough to be bleached in the sun. I certainly don't remember any of the dogs from my youth producing white merde.

Watcher2

– The right to enter on to customers’ property to inspect bins

– The right to alter charges in light of Government regulation or other factors, such as a rise in fuel costs

– Additional charges for hazardous waste, which require immediate payment

– A charge of €15 on unpaid direct debit instalments

– A charge of €30 for cleaning a bin at the end of a contract

– Panda says it “shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever due to Panda’s failure to deliver or perform the services promptly or at all”.

– The customer should indemnify Panda for any loss or damage to the bins.

– The customer should accept full responsibility “for any costs or liability due to the bins obstructing any person(s) or property or being in a location they should not be”.

- Under the new contracts being issued by the bin company, customers will be fined €10-€25 for putting contaminated waste in any of its green, brown or black bins.

- Unpaid fines will be levied with a 1 per cent per month compound interest charge on overdue accounts.
Are Panda within their rights to terminate the old contracts unilaterally? I don't contract with panda so I don't know. I'd imagine they are rolling/auto renewal contracts. There should be a provision for termination by either party (you or Panda) and the conditions for such termination. So therefore, you don't need to sign the new contract to continue to receive service under the existing terms. That said, I'm sure they have a "get out clause" even if its a 3 month notice provision. Even still, are Panda the only operators in the area? Go with someone else.

*EPIC SUCCESS*

That sounds like serious technology. Do you know the company that invented it? I'd really love to buy shares!
Well I hold the global patent but my children are being held by, em, Somalian pirates so if you would be so kind as to allow me use your bank account to facilitate the payment of the ransom, I will gladly repay you in shares. I also have a perpetual motion device awaiting its patent too.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies