Panda: eats, shoots and wants the right to enter your premises

Outlaw101

– A charge of €30 for cleaning a bin at the end of a contract
That's an insult. Are they a white glove Valet service or something?

€30 to run a hose over a bin?

And then they say with a straight face that they are not engaged in a money making fee racket.

Gin Soaked

Panda sez…

Unacceptable waste in brown bins will include plastic bags and bottles, packaging of any sort, nappies, glass, stones, soil, metals, wire, cardboard, ashes, coals or cinder, pet faeces or litter and cooking oils.

TD sez…

“A cereal box or water bottle accidentally disposed of could end up costing families a big fine,”

Thanks for the heads up on dog poo.

Gin Soaked

Are you joking? The vast majority of citizens don't seem to have any problem working out how to use and install their plasma TVs and Netflix etc. They can manage smartphones, handle apps, video and upload all manner of imagery.

Yet we're supposed to believe that they need an education campaign to know not to put nappies and ************************e in with their tin cans and paper?

I heard Jack Chambers of FF arguing this earlier. Does he think we're all complete gob************************es to believe that patter. People who don't understand the basics of separating their rubbish should be fined and Panda have every right to crack down on people deliberately abusing the system and that's what it can only be - deliberate abuse.
The won't pay whinging class can't be expected to think and act responsibly. Sure, only the elites with university degrees can manage waste sorting.

Dame_Enda

The feudalisation of public services continues apace under FG.

Erudite Caveman

I put the fúcking neighbour's dog's turd on my compost heap. It's gone very fast. A month or so on a well mixed heap. Maybe my neighbour feeds him something different.
That's not good Toland if you are using your compost for anything edible.

Cdebru

The won't pay whinging class can't be expected to think and act responsibly. Sure, only the elites with university degrees can manage waste sorting.
Your previous post said thanks for the heads up on dog poo, so clearly you were unaware you can't put it in your brown bin, so maybe you need someone with a college degree to sort out your rubbish, or an education campaign .

Gin Soaked

What happens while you are away at work, a skanger who never did a days work in his/her life and inbreeds with their spouse to make a living from Mickey money, dumps a load of nappies in your brown bin, on collection day, where do you stand?
This was happening in my mum's road a while back. On Black bin day there was a bloke adding his trash to random bins. A bit here, a bit there..

That is basically theft. Analogous to stealing electricity ( but harder to prove/ catch).

Regardless of politics, if there is a protest on this area, I hope fly tippers get time.

Gin Soaked

Your previous post said thanks for the heads up on dog poo, so clearly you were unaware you can't put it in your brown bin, so maybe you need someone with a college degree to sort out your rubbish, or an education campaign .
When we had a compost heap, dog poo went in there, what with it being compostable and all that.

So some compostable materials are not for the brown bin? And they are just now starting to fine for contamination?

That means it is time to pay close attention to the fine print?

Hardly too onerous...

hammer

Panda gave you the option NOT to sign up to the new contract.

Has that been mentioned yet ?

It was only if you didn`t respond that you would automatically be caught by these new provisions.

damus

So how do we dispose of DOG POO ?
Scoop it up, put it into a bag, bring doggie for a walkie and deposit it into the councils doggie waste bins. Or alternatively, use it on your flower beds.

Cdebru

When we had a compost heap, dog poo went in there, what with it being compostable and all that.

So some compostable materials are not for the brown bin? And they are just now starting to fine for contamination?

That means it is time to pay close attention to the fine print?

Hardly too onerous...
Irrelevant, the point is you didn't know, so unless everyone is going to read this thread, an education campaign would be of no harm, also I heard on the radio this morning, that for example Panda says plastic film can't be recycled but Repak says it can, so maybe need to get straight what can and can't be put in bins before fining people for it.

Gin Soaked

Irrelevant, the point is you didn't know, so unless everyone is going to read this thread, an education campaign would be of no harm, also I heard on the radio this morning, that for example Panda says plastic film can't be recycled but Repak says it can, so maybe need to get straight what can and can't be put in bins before fining people for it.
I actually agreed with you. Ed campaign coupled with advertising and a sense of which crowd are tossers would be a good thing.

Throw in some tighter regs on how much profit or margin is allowed.

The polluter should pay, but there needs to be buy-in on how we regulate this..

TheField

On the subject of bins and bin charges, the corpo used to collect the bins and were funded through central taxation, so where did the new and extra bills come from?
The corpo did all the dirty work for you just like you got and continue to get free water. Round where we live and not a million miles from Dublin, we have paid for all our water & sewage for years and through taxation, pay for yours. Likewise, we had no local authority rubbish collection service at all. Had to be collected in bags, put into trailer and brought on a 30 mile round trip to a collection point where we also PAID to deposit it. When the private bin operators came in, bingo we got a service, which I was very happy to pay for. Likewise if Irish Water or some other operator ever came our way and offered a reliable water supply, we'd also gladly sign up and PAY a reasonable fee.

TheField

From what I hear, Panda etc are not too bothered about the niceties of clean plastic wrappings. Their problem is the gross and deliberate abuse of the system by people fouling their recyclable bin with quantities of materials which are clearly and obviously not recyclable. And often going to the trouble to disguise and hide the offending materials. That's the principal issue.

gatsbygirl20

From what I hear, Panda etc are not too bothered about the niceties of clean plastic wrappings. Their problem is the gross and deliberate abuse of the system by people fouling their recyclable bin with quantities of materials which are clearly and obviously not recyclable. And often going to the trouble to disguise and hide the offending materials. That's the principal issue.
That is the impression I'm getting: the depositing of foul material or kitchen waste, used nappies, dog poo, etc into the "free" recycle bin--belonging to the householder or to an unsuspecting neighbour-- seems to be getting out of hand, and the bin companies have decided to crack down.

I use City Bin and in the past they have been tolerant of the occasional error which now and then happens to us all where you drop something in the wrong bin. But if it is a genuine error--and not a deliberate attempt to hide inappropriate waste in the recycle bin--it will happen infrequently.

But now as usual because of the messers with filthy habits and an unwillingness to deal with their own waste, the rules will get tightened and fines for any deviation from the rules will be the norm.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies