Parents sue son to leave home or America's most pathetic Milennial

silverharp

Failure to Launch is what I believe its called, the quintessential basement dweller though he says he had his own bedroom. A societal issue, bad parenting , an actual real life snowflake?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/may/22/new-york-judge-court-man-30-parents-home

During the hearing on Tuesday, state supreme court justice Donald Greenwood tried to convince Michael Rotondo, who reportedly moved back home eight years ago, to leave the family home in Camillus, near Syracuse, of his own accord. But Rotondo, who represented himself in court, argued that he was entitled to six more months of living with his family.

Greenwood called this demand “outrageous” and served him with an eviction order. Michael, in turn, called the eviction order outrageous.

Suing their son in state supreme court was a last resort for Christina and Mark Rotondo, who have spent the past few months sending Michael formal letters asking him to leave.

In a note dated 2 February, which has been filed in Onondaga county supreme court, they wrote: “Michael, after a discussion with your mother, we have decided that you must leave this house immediately. You have 14 days to vacate. You will not be allowed to return. We will take whatever actions are necessary to enforce this decision.”

Analyzer

He has been recommended to go and get a job.

“There are jobs available even for those with a poor work history like you,” a letter dated 18 February read. “Get one – you have to work!”
Why are so many millenials afraid of
- work
- responsibility
- physical exercise
- being outside
- communication above that which occurs on a mobile device ?

Windowshopper

I hope my parents don't read this article.

Windowshopper

- work
- responsibility
- physical exercise
- being outside
They are not. They work as hard as any generation. Wages don't go as far as pervious generations and it's a bit rich for the generation that cuased the financial crash and who pull the ladder up on the next generation through three decades of neo-liberalism to complain.

Craigmore..

He must of had right's of a tenant or signed some sort of legal agreement. I cannot understand how he brought the case to court without it.

Analyzer

Actually that article is soft on him Guardian actually were soft on him.

The better not anger their core readership.....

"I Want You Out": Judge Orders Man, 30, To Move Out Of Parents' Home

The Rotondos also recommended that Michael "Sell the other things you have that have any significant value (e.g. stereo, some tools etc.). This is especially true for any weapons you may have. You need the money and will have no place for the stuff."
Weapons ?

What sort of clown is he ?

silverharp

They are not. They work as hard as any generation. Wages don't go as far as pervious generations and it's a bit rich for the generation that cuased the financial crash and who pull the ladder up on the next generation through three decades of neo-liberalism to complain.
in this case he is not even working, I doubt his parents would have minded if he was working regular jobs or trying to improve himself and saving up money to become independent later. Its the giving up on life is the issue

Windowshopper

in this case he is not even working, I doubt his parents would have minded if he was working regular jobs or trying to improve himself and saving up money to become independent later. Its the giving up on life is the issue
I'm not sure we can glean enough from the article to come to any definite conclusions, which is a shame as the reporter presumely have access to court documents.

mr_anderson

- work
- responsibility
- physical exercise
- being outside

But they're not afraid of rights.
They love their rights.
Especially when they come with none of your list above.

Sync

I’d love for someone to carry out a statistical breakdown of men who go to court with hair below their shoulders and investigate if there’s a causation or correlation between the verdicts they get and the median.

onetimeonly

What is it with people buying into a loose definition of generations and then applying it to individuals that they don't like? The media are always at this kind of vacuous nonsense and here we have it again from posters here. It is an utterly mental way to go about life.

PAGE61

they should have been tougher on him when he was younger.. You see it all the time ,parents wait hand and foot for their poor little boy and then wonders why he cannot do anything for himself.... That it , im taking my sons mattress away ,I don't care if he is only 6

Jezza15

"America's most pathetic millennial"?

He's barely a level 1. Hasn't it even occoured to him to 'identify' as a Black Asian Mexican Native American Disabled Transgender Lesbian Midget? He could have the parents thrown in prison for hate crimes and get the house & money all for himself.

Craigmore..

they should have been tougher on him when he was younger.. You see it all the time ,parents wait hand and foot for their poor little boy and then wonders why he cannot do anything for himself.... That it , im taking my sons mattress away ,I don't care if he is only 6
For every loving and understanding couple such as the parents in this case there are plenty of absent fathers and mothers. There are people that need to hang onto the teets of their parents and others who flourish despite the absence of both.

New Threads

Most Replies