Parliament Buildings : ideas for the empty building.

McSlaggart

With the effective end of "Stormont" rule can we think of other uses for "Parliament Buildings"?

I think an Hotel would be an excellent idea?

PS: In a few years time if they need room for the assembly they can always use a large Portacabin which can be taken away when it also stops working.

GDPR

The Shinners and the SDLP agreeing to Stormont being again government buildings always struck me as a bit strange. I agree with the idea of a hotel though.

GDPR

There's enough hotels. Turn it into a massive Gaelscoil.
Objectively I don't see anything about unjust about that idea however it would have people like "between the bridges" getting lads out unto the street to attack the PSNI. Why not just sell it to some rich Texan who could ship it brick by brick over to there and reconstruct on his land or something?

Strawberry

Objectively I don't see anything about unjust about that idea however it would have people like "between the bridges" getting lads out unto the street to attack the PSNI. Why not just sell it to some rich Texan who could ship it brick by brick over to there and reconstruct on his land or something?
I think the PSNI can handle BtB, go with the Gaelscoil.

Caothaoir

Opening soon....

vivabrigada

Here's one:
Put the tricolour and Irish Republic flag back up. Loyalists will riot for a week half burning the place down. We then erect all their flags, UDA/UVF ones included so Republicans riot for a week and leave the place looking like the Reichstag in 1945.
We could preserve the hospital wing where the DUP had an office, just in case they can still cure gays.

hollandia

I worked in that building during the refurb as a student. I'll say this for the Brits, for all their faults, nobody does statement buildings like them. It's a fabulous building.

Mickeymac

I worked in that building during the refurb as a student. I'll say this for the Brits, for all their faults, nobody does statement buildings like them. It's a fabulous building.

Yeah Kilmainham as well, both built to keep Irish Republicans in their place and ensure their "croppy lie down" policy.

All in the past though, those days are long gone.

Sword of Gideon

I see nobody thinks it should be used for the assembly, it took you a while, but you are coming round to direct rule, well done.

between the bridges

Moi knows, how about somewhere to house train Shin flake/Ra, oh wait...

vivabrigada

I see nobody thinks it should be used for the assembly, it took you a while, but you are coming round to direct rule, well done.
Ironicly, Direct Rule holds more fear for right wing unionists like you. SSM, Acht Na Gaelic, respect etc, the stuff British people support.......

hollandia

Yeah Kilmainham as well, both built to keep Irish Republicans in their place and ensure their "croppy lie down" policy.

All in the past though, those days are long gone.
I'd suggest you do a tour of Dublin sometime, and visit the likes of the GPO and Heuston Station. Remarkable buildings built to make the croppies lie down :roll:

Dasayev

An unrelentingly ugly building.

Knock it down and build something worthwhile.

New Threads

Most Replies