Party support level in next opinion poll

Future Irish Leader

After fianna fail lying to the public this week do you think this will boost the opposition in the next one and the fianna fail support level fall further heres my view.

Fianna fail 12-15percent
Fine Gael 33-36 percent
Labour 30-33 percent
greens 1-2 percent
Sinn Fein 8-10 percent
Independents 8-10percent

any comments ???

johnfás

You will be shocked at how high the Fianna Fáil level will continue to be.

Edo

You will be shocked at how high the Fianna Fáil level will continue to be.
+ 1 - and we'll see how many of those who have switched from FF to Lab actually follow thru at the real thing - strange things happen when an election is called for real.

MattM

Fianna Fail will always get a vote, even if they committed a massacre of innocent people.

If there was an election in the next month.

FF: 17%
FG 34%
LAB: 27%
SINN: 10%

Others: 12%

True Republican

Labour 40% when Gilmore says he'll got china for a bailout...lol okay just joking

Keith-M

Website
www.allkindsofeverything.ie
Depends on who's polling. I don't expect FF to fall much more with Red C. I wouldn't expect much change for FG, maybe Labour back a couple of points if people saw Joan Burton's woeful performances this week and SF maybe up a couple of points thanks to Doherty & Adams.

Anorakphobia

FF 15% max but be prepared for anything down to sub 10.

Look, the by election poll shows FF are down 2/3rds on their 2007 GE in Donegal and thatw as before the calamtious events of this week.
That means they are down 75% plus in urban areas.

I believe they are sub 10% in Dublin right now.

The stupidest and most arrogant thing FF ever believed was they had a core support that was unbreakable.
In my lifetime that has been as high as 40%, it is now I believe in single digits.

If an election is held in next three months we will have less than 20 FF tds.
The composition of this tiny group will make matters even more catastrophic for FF
5 or 6 of them will be washed up has beens who will prop up the dail bar (on the rare occassions they even come to Dublin) for 5 years and then shuffle off (Cowen, Coughlan, O' Dea, maybe O' Donoghue)
Another 4 or 5 will be inoffensive non entities like Callery and John Curran who'd be lucky to get a job as a clerk in real life.
Then we will have 4 or 5 complete oppurtunistic spoofers like Mc guinness and Mahhie.

I expect FF will have barely 3 or 4 meaningful credible TDs in next Dail.

DeputyEdo

Fianna Fail will always get a vote, even if they committed a massacre of innocent people.
Yep..I've said that coming up to the next election, if FF want to win, all they have to do is tell people they're lowering taxes by 0.00001%.
All the stupid Irish will be like "Woo hoo.....lower tax, I'm a complete fooking numpty, so I'll vote for FF" (Well, maybe they wont use those exact words)

And then the worst type of voter of all...the spa that'll vote for FF because they always have..or their mammy always has or something stupid like that.

Edo

Anorak - prepare to be sorely disappointed

As regards Donegal - I'll wait for the real thing before making judgements about overall FF voting levels - admitting that you will vote FF at the moment is akin to admitting to having a Sexually Transmitted disease - not a socially popular choice - we'll see if it carrys thru to the privacy of the ballot box.

Down here in Carlow/kilkenny - over the last months several internal polls have been carried out by all parties and they all point to 2 FF 2 FG 1 lab or 3 FG 2 FF - FF vote is very solid

I'd love to see your predictions come thru - I really would - but its not what Im getting - maybe in Dublin - but outside Dub - its a lot harder.

collina

Next Dail

Conservative and Unionist Party 85%
Sundry Nationalists 10%
Republicans and malcontents 5%

MuchToDo

Anorak - prepare to be sorely disappointed

As regards Donegal - I'll wait for the real thing before making judgements about overall FF voting levels - admitting that you will vote FF at the moment is akin to admitting to having a Sexually Transmitted disease - not a socially popular choice - we'll see if it carrys thru to the privacy of the ballot box.

Down here in Carlow/kilkenny - over the last months several internal polls have been carried out by all parties and they all point to 2 FF 2 FG 1 lab or 3 FG 2 FF - FF vote is very solid

I'd love to see your predictions come thru - I really would - but its not what Im getting - maybe in Dublin - but outside Dub - its a lot harder.
edo, still though, combining the effect of 1 seat in rural three seaters, and likely no seats in some urban areas, that puts them in a very bad place as regards number of seats. We are probably talking about 35 seats at most, maybe less if things get bad enough that they miss out on a handful of seats in even the rural areas (regardless of examples like the above, it is quite possible there will be a struggle for them to get one seat in some rural areas when you consider transfers and the odd SF seat).

Ignoreland

The Looking and Sounding Angry but have no Real Policies Party: 31%

The We've Policies but the style and Leadership Charisma of a sack of Potatoes Party: 34%

The Crisis? what Crisis? Sure aren't your potholes filled and anyway it wasn't our fault it was Lehmans, the Opposition, The international climate, the banks, the builders and your fault, but not ours- F**K YOU! And anyway your family always voted for us so you've no choice Party: 20%

The Don't Blame Us-hey look- Windmills! Party: 1%

The Brits Out Party: 8%

The Brits In Party: 1%

The Party Party: 5%

Fed Up

The Looking and Sounding Angry but have no Real Policies Party: 31%

The We've Policies but the style and Leadership Charisma of a sack of Potatoes Party: 34%

The Crisis? what Crisis? Sure aren't your potholes filled and anyway it wasn't our fault it was Lehmans, the Opposition, The international climate, the banks, the builders and your fault, but not ours- F**K YOU! And anyway your family always voted for us so you've no choice Party: 20%

The Don't Blame Us-hey look- Windmills! Party: 1%

The Brits Out Party: 8%

The Brits In Party: 1%

The Party Party: 5%
And yet FG come out looking the best in all of this :eek:

Chrisco

Fianna Fail on 15%, Sinn Féin on 12%, Labour and Fine Gael up marginally.

sking81

After todays shenanigans I'd be surprised if support for Fianna Fail was still in the double digits. Most of the parties support on the ground believe that they truely are the Republican party. That belief was shattered this morning-they should be referred to by their proper name in future, the Bailout party.

Im not convinced that the majority of them will vote any differently, however if they have any sense of dignity, they should do us all a favour and abstain from voting in the next election.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies