Passport row raises question over Irish nationality

rubensni

Having read all the posts, I don't understand what is the issue here. The Israeli Foreign Minister and Ambassador had a private meeting with the Irish Minister for Foreign Affairs to discuss the alleged use of Irish passports by the Israeli secret service.

The only people with Irish nationality were the poor people in Ireland who had their identities stolen and will be frisked, pulled and dragged every day for the rest of their life that they go next or near an airport.

YoungLiberal

Well ever closer union those folks thought they were voting for jobs (Yes for jobs, etc) - I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but I think there might just be a case here. Article 2 of the constitution says "It is the entitlement and birthright of every person born in the island of Ireland, which includes its islands and seas, to be part of the Irish Nation". I claim that birthright, but renounce any other nationality, EU or otherwise.
You most certainly are not. You're actually talking absolute gibberish.

Also, since Hogan and Binchy aren't aren't on P.ie answer, I've a law degree, you'll just have to do with my opinion.

raymond01

If the EU can be made to act it will obviously be stronger than Irish/UK acting independently. I dont know how much success even the EU will have since they have never shown much backbone when it comes to Israels little 'foibles'.
In Your world, is the state of Israel to be blamed for everything?
Your nocturnal habits (up every night posting your ANTI Israel bile) are sad. If you have any family, they must be so very concerned for your welfare.
poor things.

Last edited:

pippakin

Don't be silly! Israel is largely responsible for the mess the middle east is in. If America wants to give Israel a holy land give em Taxas or Georgia and see how that works.

off with their heads

Your nocturnal habits (up every night posting your ANTI Israel bile) are sad. If you have any family, they must be so very concerned for your welfare.
poor things.
new socks:D

raymond01

Your nocturnal habits, of being awake all night every night posting your ANTI Israel bile are really sad. If someone like you actually has any family, they must be very concerned for your welfare.
Poor things.

The Field Marshal

yes, but I'm still an Irish citizen, presumably with constitutional rights - and we were told every time that our sovereignty was not being given away. So they were lying, were they?
You sound just like another foreign whinger on the make to milk the Irish state for everything you can

Most Replies