Pat Buckley offers fulsome apology to a Garda he abused

automaticforthepeople

I'd never heard of this guy before. I thought for a minute it was the Bishop Pat Buckley who turns water into wine most Sundays. Not this one.

This other guy goes to church to celebrate his sons graduation from school 3 weeks ahead of most other schools in the country and then turns wine into water while on the lash.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/drunk-td-arrested-after-verbally-12513618

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-road-safety-plea-issued-by-mortified-drinkdrive-politician-30860612.html

Last August this guy preached to young people as they got their Leaving Cert Results;

Sinn Féin deputy spokesperson on Mental Health Pat Buckley TD, speaking as students prepare to receive their Leaving Certificate results this week, called on parents to be mindful of the stress that students will feel and the enormous pressure that some will believe they are under to have done well.

Deputy Buckley said;

“Teenage life today is already a difficult and demanding thing to navigate. We must ensure that we offer our young loved ones the support they need this week as they receive results.

“Parents and family should seek to limit the stress of people receiving results, look out for their mental health, and avoid actions which might add to the pressure or strain upon them.

“I hope that many, if not most, will feel accomplished in the results they achieve; the Leaving Certificate will be the most difficult experience of many young people’s lives up to that point. To those of you who unfortunately do not feel so, look to those around you for help and support.”

Clearly he doesn't practice what he preaches!

PBP voter

No wonder SF have a woman leader North and South.

Ceartgoleor

Zoo!

Or the anti-SF loons will be out like Dracula at sun-down.

Quarantine with the rest of the psycho 'SF-fixation' threads.

automaticforthepeople

Zoo!

Or the anti-SF loons will be out like Dracula at sun-down.

Quarantine with the rest of the psycho 'SF-fixation' threads.
I haven't mentioned SF in either the post or the thread. The only reference to SF is contained in Mr Buckley's own press release which he issued last August. It's on the thread because it reveals his own double standards.

As I say, I've never heard of him as he's obviously a very busy man with little time to be in the Dáil Bar.

cricket

I'd never heard of this guy before. I thought for a minute it was the Bishop Pat Buckley who turns water into wine most Sundays. Not this one.

This other guy goes to church to celebrate his sons graduation from school 3 weeks ahead of most other schools in the country and then turns wine into water while on the lash.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/politics/drunk-td-arrested-after-verbally-12513618

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-road-safety-plea-issued-by-mortified-drinkdrive-politician-30860612.html

Last August this guy preached to young people as they got their Leaving Cert Results;

Sinn Féin deputy spokesperson on Mental Health Pat Buckley TD, speaking as students prepare to receive their Leaving Certificate results this week, called on parents to be mindful of the stress that students will feel and the enormous pressure that some will believe they are under to have done well.

Deputy Buckley said;

“Teenage life today is already a difficult and demanding thing to navigate. We must ensure that we offer our young loved ones the support they need this week as they receive results.

“Parents and family should seek to limit the stress of people receiving results, look out for their mental health, and avoid actions which might add to the pressure or strain upon them.

“I hope that many, if not most, will feel accomplished in the results they achieve; the Leaving Certificate will be the most difficult experience of many young people’s lives up to that point. To those of you who unfortunately do not feel so, look to those around you for help and support.”

This guy has form, look how much he was over the drink driving limit on this occasion :

https://www.independent.ie/videos/irish-news/video-sinn-fins-pat-buckley-banned-for-drink-driving-incident-30824981.html

puffin

Well according to posters on Irish Central, it was homophobic Ulster Prods, with links to the KKK in the Deep South.

Dame_Enda

This is the politician not the bishop of that name.

loner

Deputy Buckley said;

SF spokesperson on mental health---nuff said

devoutcapitalist

This guy is one of those we selected to be a member of our national Parliament--he is a disgrace.
There are plenty of other TDS along with Buckley currently in the Dail who are a disgrace also.

No doubt he will get a small fine when sentenced in November.

midlander12

Trouble just seems to follow whoever is the SF TD for Cork East. Perhaps the electorate will show mercy the next time and relieve them of the seat. The low calibre of some of SF's second and third rung of reps, both North and South, continues to be a matter of concern, if we are to be graced with them in govt next time round.

RasherHash

RasherHash

Mary Lou McDonald
Very shocked that RTE news echo govt language & refer to #CervicalCheckScandal as a 'controversy' .This is no controversy it is a SCANDAL

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies