Pat Carey steps down as Director of Elections for Fianna Fail

good dog

Do you think it is Pat Carey that is under investigation for child serial abuse and the complaint made ten years ago was against him?
Who ever it is, be it Pat or another (currently unknown to the public) shouldn't an effort be made to reassure the electorate that no one in the party knew of the allegations and covered it up?
What if it is a Shinner and not Pat, wouldn't it be an opportunity lost in this case?
What conduct? Has he been charged with any crime?
Well, do you Glenshane4 think it was Pat Carey that was up to good??

Wagmore

As far as I know there has been no prosecution. You are absolutely correct, the media have kept schtum because he is one of their own.

Actually, I'm wrong, there has been a charge.
Yeah-think I read it's coming up in the new year. Don't think you can blame the media in this instance. One false move and Humphries reps would be pulling a Breffni O Brien claiming their client couldn't get a fair trial due to pre-trial media coverage

Dub01

"Allegations" are merely allegations.
Tell that to Labour Senator Mairia Cahill. Her allegations against her uncle received an entire Dail debate.

gijoe

Thought I'd carry over this post from the Marian Finucane thread:

They skipped over the child sex abuse allegations against Pat Carey with him saying that 'on legal advice he cannot make any comment' on that.....and then they carried on all like bosom buddies. Where else but in the rarified atmosphere of RTE and their insiders would someone against whom such allegations are outstanding would be feted in such a manner??? If a Catholic Radio/TV station had a Bishop on against whom their were outstanding allegations on talking about anything other than the elephant in the room there would be uproarious outrage from RTE!

gijoe

Watch the wagons being circled if a politician is involved.
How apt. The full on 'rehabilitation' of Carey by the establishment commenced on Marian Finucane this morning where they firmly locked the elephant outside of the studio.

PBP voter

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies