• Due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software, some users were "banned" when they tried to change their passwords at the end of February. This does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you were affected by this, please contact us.

Pat Hickey steps aside as President of OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
Hope he didn't step on the policeman's toes as he stepped aside. Does he not have a son who could take over?

Or is there a system for co-opting someone to replace you in these circumstances while you remain a political prisoner fighting bravely for free market principles in a South American hell-hole?

sport02

What? When did this happen? Only hearing about it now on P.ie!

Norman Bates

Twitter
norman60bates
What happened?
Why did he feel the need?
My understanding is that he is under arrest ... as such he's not free to come and go as he pleases. Makes sense to hand over to someone else to carry the baton so to speak. I presume decisions have to be taken over all manner of things at the Olympics.

Was on the 6o'clock news. RTE and UTV

Polly Ticks

[video=youtube;PdiCJUysIT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdiCJUysIT0[/video]

Mad as Fish

Anybody got some background to this?
Maybe the clue lies in the fact that he has stepped down from all his Olympic roles, pressure may have come from other quarters that he couldn't resist even as an accomplished establishment operator in Ireland. There are bigger fish in the bigger pond.

Lumpy Talbot

Twitter
No
This is Ireland's leading political and current affairs discussion website. Of course we can't discuss it.

publicrealm

It could be that zika virus thing?

I'm not alleging that he has the virus - I'm just saying it's possible.

But - For the avoidance of doubt - the zika virus (or any other virus) may not be involved at all at all.

Cdebru

I'm sure it is all a misunderstanding, probably because of the language and lost in translation and it will all be sorted out in no time.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Cdebru

Maybe the clue lies in the fact that he has stepped down from all his Olympic roles, pressure may have come from other quarters that he couldn't resist even as an accomplished establishment operator in Ireland. There are bigger fish in the bigger pond.

Mad fish

jmcc

More apt given the captive, bought nature of the Irish media:
[video=youtube;KSSvzCNBvlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSSvzCNBvlQ[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies