"Pat Kenny inept and incapable" Graham Linehan

hughj

I see the father ted creator has launched an attack on the Late Late Show presenter through his ongoing blog called "why,thats delightful".

He described his own experience of being interviewed by Pat stating that "Pat spoke to me,Arthur and the Father Ted cast,and I have never seen an interviewer so dependent on his list of questions,so lost when confronted by an answer he wasn't expecting,so incapable of turning an interview into a conversation"
Linehan went a step futher saying that "Pat Kenny is another reason I'm leaving Ireland"

R.T.E was the subject of his main attack when the writer said "My point is more to do with R.T.E,and how willing they are to look like amateurs by having an incapable,inept presenter in charge of their biggest ship.
(Reported in todays Sunday Independent)

cactus flower

This must be an RTE thing - Ireland has almost an entire population that is relaxed and amusing on air, and manages to land us with Mr. Woodentop who thinks he is so great to turn up at all that he doesnt actually do anything.

Then they find some poor soul like Mooney who doesnt drop the mike and put him on x shows at once until we are sick looking at him.

Is there an RTE insider who can explain the ineptitude please_?

hughj

cactus flower said:
This must be an RTE thing - Ireland has almost an entire population that is relaxed and amusing on air, and manages to land us with Mr. Woodentop who thinks he is so great to turn up at all that he doesnt actually do anything.

Then they find some poor soul like Mooney who doesnt drop the mike and put him on x shows at once until we are sick looking at him.

I see you point but is it just R.T.E? I also read a piece in the paper about Vincent Browne openly admitting on T.V3 that he has no idea who Amy Winehouse is,I remember watching that myself and cringing slighty,Surly a journalist like Browne should make it his buisness to keep on top of current affairs and even more so when presenting a current news program?

Apparatchik

Banned
hughj said:
cactus flower said:

I see you point but is it just R.T.E? I also read a piece in the paper about Vincent Browne openly admitting on T.V3 that he has no idea who Amy Winehouse is,I remember watching that myself and cringing slighty,Surly a journalist like Browne should make it his buisness to keep on top of current affairs and even more so when presenting a current news program?
Amy who?

NotDevsSon

Apparatchik said:
hughj said:
cactus flower said:

Amy who?
I was going to ask the same question? Who is she and why is it important that a current affairs presenter know her?

So she is a plain looking pop singer with hair and drug problems! Big deal. If anything Browne has gone up in my estimation for not nothing such irrelevant information.

What next? Judge the presenters of Prime Time based on whether they know who won American Idol? :roll:

cactus flower

Amy Winehouse is an indicator as to whether a person has had any contact with the tabloid press in the last year. Also one of the greatest torch singers in the last 50 years.

hughj

NotDevsSon said:
Apparatchik said:
hughj said:
cactus flower said:

Amy who?
I was going to ask the same question? Who is she and why is it important that a current affairs presenter know her?

So she is a plain looking pop singer with hair and drug problems! Big deal. If anything Browne has gone up in my estimation for not nothing such irrelevant information.

What next? Judge the presenters of Prime Time based on whether they know who won American Idol? :roll:
I am no fan of pop to be honest but her face has been over the front pages for months surly if you are a nightly news presenter you should have some idea of who she is and the effect that her influence would have on young Irish fans who witness her drug problems.That is my point. btw she would be more of a jazz singer than pop

Podolski

You wouldn't call Amy Winehouse "current affairs", would you? And you certainly couldn't call it singing.

returning officer

The actor who played Ken Barlow (Roach) sued because his professionalism as an actor was questioned when he was labelled boring. Pat Kenny must have an easy case to prove he has been defamed,if he chooses to launch proceedngs.

Pauli

Amy Winehouse is a singer with a decent voice and a talent she seems hell bent on destroying. The last 9 months has seen her move in media category terms from "singer" to "celebrity" to "troubled celebrity" to "celebrity junkie". She is not current affairs.

There is a gulf of difference between current affairs and tabloid piffle.

hughj

Pauli said:
Amy Winehouse is a singer with a decent voice and a talent she seems hell bent on destroying. The last 9 months has seen her move in media category terms from "singer" to "celebrity" to "troubled celebrity" to "celebrity junkie". She is not current affairs.

There is a gulf of difference between current affairs and tabloid piffle.
It is if you take into account the influence she may have over young Irish fans and the apparent acceptance of drugs in the music industry, Pete Dotherty being another example.

Mariella Froster

returning officer said:
The actor who played Ken Barlow (Roach) sued because his professionalism as an actor was questioned when he was labelled boring. Pat Kenny must have an easy case to prove he has been defamed,if he chooses to launch proceedngs.
No he wouldn't - the evidence that he is boring is overwhelming. Frinstance, he got two no answers on his prize quiz phone around one night followed by a dazed sounding woman who announced that she couldnt answer the quiz question because she had fallen fast asleep in front of the television set a few minutes into the programme:lol: Michael Palin, who was the guest, was unable to control his mirth.

They keep Kenny on because they want to keep FF voting Ireland (the Late Late's hard core audience) drugged to stupefaction. Kenny is the opium of the Irish people.

pluralist

hughj said:
I see the father ted creator has launched an attack on the Late Late Show presenter through his ongoing blog called "why,thats delightful".

He described his own experience of being interviewed by Pat stating that "Pat spoke to me,Arthur and the Father Ted cast,and I have never seen an interviewer so dependent on his list of questions,so lost when confronted by an answer he wasn't expecting,so incapable of turning an interview into a conversation"
Linehan went a step futher saying that "Pat Kenny is another reason I'm leaving Ireland"

R.T.E was the subject of his main attack when the writer said "My point is more to do with R.T.E,and how willing they are to look like amateurs by having an incapable,inept presenter in charge of their biggest ship.
(Reported in todays Sunday Independent)
About **cking time someone said it.

Defeated Romanticist

Washed up writer looking for attention, to say he's leaving Ireland over it says it all. Pat's not that bad. An easy target that's all.

cactus flower

Mariella Froster said:
[quote="returning officer":2lnwbcfv]The actor who played Ken Barlow (Roach) sued because his professionalism as an actor was questioned when he was labelled boring. Pat Kenny must have an easy case to prove he has been defamed,if he chooses to launch proceedngs.
No he wouldn't - the evidence that he is boring is overwhelming. Frinstance, he got two no answers on his prize quiz phone around one night followed by a dazed sounding woman who announced that she couldnt answer the quiz question because she had fallen fast asleep in front of the television set a few minutes into the programme:lol: Michael Palin, who was the guest, was unable to control his mirth.

They keep Kenny on because they want to keep FF voting Ireland (the Late Late's hard core audience) drugged to stupefaction. Kenny is the opium of the Irish people.[/quote:2lnwbcfv]
:roll:
Amen !

hughj

Defeated Romanticist said:
Washed up writer looking for attention, to say he's leaving Ireland over it says it all. Pat's not that bad. An easy target that's all.
Perhaps but it also has to be taken into account that it is possible that bad blood still remains between the Father Ted writer and R.T.E,