• It has come to our attention that some users may have been "banned" when they tried to change their passwords after the site was hacked due to a glitch in the old vBulletin software. This would have occurred around the end of February and does not apply after the site was converted to Xenforo. If you believe you were affected by this, please contact a staff member or use the Contact us link at the bottom of any forum page.

Pat Ramsey not selected

DerryBee

Personally I think that it would be a great misfortune for the SDLP to lose Pat Ramsey. In my experience I have always found Pat Ramsey to be a dedicated, helpful and hardworking public representative. It would seem strange to cast aside a man who is so assiduous in his work and a popular local figure within the local community.

Cruimh

Personally I think that it would be a great misfortune for the SDLP to lose Pat Ramsey. In my experience I have always found Pat Ramsey to be a dedicated, helpful and hardworking public representative. It would seem strange to cast aside a man who is so assiduous in his work and a popular local figure within the local community.
Presumably something is happening behind the scenes ?

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Pat Ramsey, popular local figure, local community.
All of the above is correct but like most of the Foyle crowd PR is very Derrycentric.

Derry politicians in particular take parochialism to extremes and thats going some for NI.

Molly Maguire

Website
www.slotpb.com
Maybe the Derry SDLP membership feel PR drew too much attention to them from the Bogside GFA losers.

"We know where you live" springs to mind.

picador

I think Mary Bradley has announced she is standing down. SDLP will face a strong challenge from Eamonn McCann for their third seat.

picador

EM is not getting any younger.

Probably 2011 will be his last election.

Trotskyism in the North West will never be the same after he retires.
I back Derry's Trotsky to win a seat and go all constitutional.

vinoboy

Always thought pat ramsay a decent man ,will speak to my insider SDLP man to find out what is going on .Must have offended Durkan.

vinoboy

at least Eamonn would liven things up a bit and he speaks from the heart and with common sense.Bet that surprised you , slab/merle .

5 past 4

AFAIK Ramsey and Durkan couldn't stand the sight of each other - its more of a surprise that Ramsey got shafted in Ritchie's time rather than by Durkan himself

Follyborn

at least Eamonn would liven things up a bit and he speaks from the heart and with common sense.Bet that surprised you , slab/merle .
He would at the least stand by and over his own actions.
A very rare commidity

physicist

Ramsey won't be lost, he'd be a senior councillor at least.

physicist

I think Mary Bradley has announced she is standing down. SDLP will face a strong challenge from Eamonn McCann for their third seat.
Perhaps, but the second Sinn Fein seat may also be vulnerable.