Patrick Honohan - Hidden Traitor?

Illustro

It is noticeable that in all the justified accusations of traitors in our political system, I find it strange that our bankers have gone scott free.

The governer of the Central Bank - Patrick Honohan has long proclaimed that Irish banks should be foreign owned and run (and consequently our country would be foreign owned by private corporations)

"He said he was “relaxed” about foreign buyers taking control of the country’s largest banks as they can help increase credit."
Irish banks on market, Honohan tells forum - The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 24, 2010

Most people don't know that the IMF/EU "Bailout" (banker takeover) was negotiated on our behalf by 3 people. All of whom are Moneterists (employed by private interests) and this group included and was headed by Patrick Honohan.

So, our country was sold to foreign moneterists by moneterists.

It was also noticeable that in all the design of the austerity measures, supposedly to fix "our" banking system. Yet there wasn't one single tax for banks. The ONLY imposition has been put on the taxpayers with hideous taxes.

HarshBuzz

well, we would be still solvent if our banks were foreign-owned so he has a point there don't you think?

Expatriot

I am all for our banks being foreigned owned.

When they screw up next time I wont have to be patriotic about it then.

Padraigin

The entire negotiating team that Cowan appointed were people whose primary interest was the stability of the international monetary system.

None of them had the least interest in standing up to the EU or the IMF, because their primary loyalty was to international monetary interests. It was no so much an issue of being weak as it was the fact that the "Irish" negotiators were trying to protect the European banks and bond holders. They had zero interest in protecting the Irish people if it cost the European investors one euro. Their whole strategy was to make sure that the European financial markets were protected and to hell with the Irish people. The idea of burning the bond holders would never have occurred to them, and, if it did, they would be outraged that anyone would put national interest ahead of the stability of international money markets.

These were "our" guys.

Calling them traitors is technically accurate, but it does not wholly describe the kind of people they are. They never had any loyalty to Ireland in the first place.

Illustro

I am all for our banks being foreigned owned.

When they screw up next time I wont have to be patriotic about it then.
These comments where made AFTER our sovereign debt was glued to the banks debt......so he's giving the thumbs up to the country being owned by foreign - for profit - privately owned corporations.

Not only is he cheerleading it........he F'in negotiated it!

Illustro

well, we would be still solvent if our banks were foreign-owned so he has a point there don't you think?
No, that answer is completely intellectually doltish.

Our soverign debt and the privately owned bank debt are one and the same thing now, so he's advocating that our country be sold to private corporations. These corporations are profits driven and asset strip every country they get their grubby hands on. Their loyalty is only to their private shareholders..........and he facilitated it.

HarshBuzz

No, that answer is completely intellectually doltish.

Our soverign debt and the privately owned bank debt are one and the same thing now, so he's advocating that our country be sold to private corporations. These corporations are profits driven and asset strip every country they get their grubby hands on. Their loyalty is only to their private shareholders..........and he facilitated it.
who do you think owned that debt before the guarantee?

it was ever thus, I'm afraid.

Expatriot

These comments where made AFTER our sovereign debt was glued to the banks debt......so he's giving the thumbs up to the country being owned by foreign - for profit - privately owned corporations.

Not only is he cheerleading it........he F'in negotiated it!
So?

Give me one benefit to me of any bank being Irish owned?

They are not owned by me unless they are losing money hand over fist. As soon as there is the slightest chance there is money to be made from them they are kept in private hands or returned to them.

We not all in this together, I hate the people who own and run the banks, I am quite happy to bank in a foreign bank.

The only impact on my life of them being Irish owned was the twice the past 30 years they collapsed.

Expatriot

I would actively aim to have no Irish banks very quickly and indeed close the central banks also.

Mitsui2

Calling them traitors is technically accurate, but it does not wholly describe the kind of people they are. They never had any loyalty to Ireland in the first place.
Hang on, if they never had any loyalty to Ireland then how is calling them traitors technically accurate?

Kinsale

The Pension defecit in AIB is €2.2 Billion I dont see any Foreign Bank being willing to take this on board in a purchase of the above. So we would be left holding the can on this.

HarshBuzz

The Pension defecit in AIB is €2.2 Billion I dont see any Foreign Bank being willing to take this on board in a purchase of the above. So we would be left holding the can on this.
nope, just let it collapse

GDPR

I dont want to take it on board as a taxpayer either. If employees of banks cant run the bank properly then its their own fault not mine

Padraigin

Hang on, if they never had any loyalty to Ireland then how is calling them traitors technically accurate?
That was my point.

If it is reasonable to assume that Irish citizens should be loyal to their country, then they are traitors.

Except this group felt no loyalty at all ever.

CptSternn

It makes it worse when they are in a position of power and use that position to damage the country to further their own personal goals.

Padraigin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsale

nope, just let it collapse

Amen. Badly managed investments lose value. That too is part of the risks that investors take - and pension funds are a type of investor.

Kinsale

Like the Public Service Pension the AIB Pension is in the main a Defined Benefit Scheme

nuj

It is noticeable that in all the justified accusations of traitors in our political system, I find it strange that our bankers have gone scott free.

The governer of the Central Bank - Patrick Honohan has long proclaimed that Irish banks should be foreign owned and run (and consequently our country would be foreign owned by private corporations)

Irish banks on market, Honohan tells forum - The Irish Times - Wed, Nov 24, 2010

Most people don't know that the IMF/EU "Bailout" (banker takeover) was negotiated on our behalf by 3 people. All of whom are Moneterists (employed by private interests) and this group included and was headed by Patrick Honohan.

So, our country was sold to foreign moneterists by moneterists.

It was also noticeable that in all the design of the austerity measures, supposedly to fix "our" banking system. Yet there wasn't one single tax for banks. The ONLY imposition has been put on the taxpayers with hideous taxes.
What kind of an eejit are you? "All of whom are Moneterists (sic) (employed by private interests)".

What are you talking about? What private interests employ them? Do you know a "moneterist" from a hole in the ground?

Your anger is understandable, your post isn't. It's rubbish, in other words.

Cassandra Syndrome

Of course he is. He is a Central Banker!

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies