Paul Gascgoine on Saturday night show.

cricket

Just saw trailer for this. Are there no depths to which RTE will go ? This guy is recognised as being seriously unstable for a long time as shown during the Moate incident . You would hope that things will work out for him , but being wheeled out by Brendan O'Connor smacks of both desperation and exploitation. Pathetic.

Just saw trailer for this. Are there no depths to which RTE will go ? This guy is recognised as being seriously unstable for a long time as shown during the Moate incident . You would hope that things will work out for him , but being wheeled out by Brendan O'Connor smacks of both desperation and exploitation. Pathetic.
Obviously not! I note O'Connor 'hopes' to be joined by Gazza, he donesn't sound too sure.....

merle haggard

i actually thought you meant OConnor for a minute . Frankly the fact Gascoigne is on it is the least of its faults . Yet again this talentless and tasteless oaf is given the oxygen of publicity and large sums of money he desperately craves . Indo , centra ads , late late , Gondolas , talent shows ( wtf ?) and now his own show . With incessant advertising for that which sometimes airs just moments after the centra ads . Like Chlamydia, Chrystal Meth and hoodies hes speading everywhere and become an increasingly unpleasant and inescapable facet of modern living .
Yet another reason why Cathal Goan should be forced to step down

Mary Frances

i actually thought you meant OConnor for a minute . Frankly the fact Gascoigne is on it is the least of its faults . Yet again this talentless and tasteless oaf is given the oxygen of publicity and large sums of money he desperately craves . Indo , centra ads , late late , Gondolas , talent shows ( wtf ?) and now his own show . With incessant advertising for that which sometimes airs just moments after the centra ads . Like Chlamydia, Chrystal Meth and hoodies hes speading everywhere and become an increasingly unpleasant and inescapable facet of modern living .
Yet another reason why Cathal Goan should be forced to step down
I accept that O'Connor can be annoying at time. I still think he's got talent though. And the piece he wrote in the Sindo 2 weeks ago about his daughter Mary (born 4 weeks ago with Down Syndrome) was the most moving article I've read in ages.

sondagefaux

I don't see the problem with having Gazza on. They interview Brian Cowen don't they?

rockofcashel

Website
www.sinnfein.ie
his treatment of the woman picked for the competition was disgusting quite frankly. No one should be expected to put up with such peurile leering and innuendo on national television.. he's like the bold boy in school who wants people to say "diddies" so he can giggle at them

The Field Marshal

You are very hard on this guy.

Gascoigne has come on in leaps and bounds and clearly enjoys being in the limelight ,so what ,good luck to him I say and he looks extremely well.

He appears happy and thats what matters.

merle haggard

Gascoigne has come on in leaps and bounds and clearly enjoys being in the limelight ,so what ,good luck to him I say and he looks extremely well.
obviously enjoys it, hence turning up to the moate standoff with a tray of beer and a KFC bargain bucket for reasons best known to himself

there are wards full of such people who often look extremely happy . Theyre very often laughing uproariously too theyre so happy. For hours on end . Sticking one on a chat show though may be less sick and exploitattive than charging the public half a farthing to poke them with a stick , but still quite sick and exploitative .

Old Irish

I actually really enjoyed that interview and I didn't think it was awkward or anything. I thought Gascoigne did quite well considering. I have to say I would not have liked to be him waking up the next day after the moat incident! He looked at his phone and had loads of missed calls and messages and was like uh oh what did I do! Imagine finding out on Sky News what you did while off your head on drink the next day!

Iarmhi Gael

Nice Interview with Gazza.

Never mentioned about what he was up to now - as he only last week got his first job back into Football.

Should have went to United instead of Spus at the time. Ferguson would have looked after him

TradCat

I only saw a bit of it but he looked well. Maybe we need more openness about mental illness. It was obvious that the audience wished him well as we all do. Had he been in a bad state then O'Connor would have been rightly criticized but the last I had heard about him was the Rual Moat incident so I was happy to see he was doing well.

idle tim

Dont know who was the most deluded person on the show,3 way toss up between O'Connor,Gazza,or Royston Brady,RTE cover themselves in glory once again,,,,??????????

baalthor

his treatment of the woman picked for the competition was disgusting quite frankly. No one should be expected to put up with such peurile leering and innuendo on national television.. he's like the bold boy in school who wants people to say "diddies" so he can giggle at them
Come on, they were astounding! And obviously the result of a commercial transaction. Wossie or Graham Norton would have gone much further ...

Scribbler

Tell that to his missus he beat the crap out of more than once.
What a load of such sh.ite

New Threads

Most Replies