Paul Williams and free state Delusion

Cael

Just watching Paul Williams and some stupid fellow who was in the guards in the 1960s, and when asked why there is such vicious crime in this country, they both laughably blamed the IRA and Saor Éire. Nothing at all about the chronic class division, which has become worse over the years. Williams vagued mentioned the untermensch by calling the whole of the Working Class the "criminalogenic" community.

Williams is so stupid that he refered to the 1960s and 1970s an "innocent" time in Irish society. Yes, children on a conveyor belt to being raped, half the population being forced into exile, a small criminal oligarchy in power. No, Williams mentions none of that.

Oh, surprise surprise, they are touting another book.

dresden8

Comely maidens dancing at the crossroads.

That's if they hadn't already been raped by the "organs of the state" (copyright) that is.

Panopticon

Of course it was an "innocent" time. Do you think it was more or less innocent than today? You know well he doesn't mean it in some meaningless judicial sense, cos he is talking about society.

stoichkov

williams should just join the guards as some kind of media spokesperson. it's basically what he is already.

Cael

williams should just join the guards as some kind of media spokesperson. it's basically what he is already.
Williams has made more money out of Irish crime than the criminals have. If it wasnt for them, this useless git would be on the dole.

Tomas Mor

Did not watch the stupid thing, but who the guard - I assume the perennial Gerry O Carroll I expect, or there is another Sherry guy who is beginning to creep up

Cael

Did not watch the stupid thing, but who the guard - I assume the perennial Gerry O Carroll I expect, or there is another Sherry guy who is beginning to creep up
No idea who he was, typical big thick guard. Had to laugh when he started on about garda "intelligence."

Desperate Dan

Williams is a joke, I have seen him on panels and if the conversion goes off Sunday World gibberish he is dumb struct he contributes nothing excepts to his own profile. He made the right decision moving to the News of the world, that will suit him there is no bounds to the crap he can report.

dresden8

If Ireland was so idyllic in the 60's why did we need Lugs Brannigan?

Cael

Ah yes, the Age of Innocence:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhtNOkB07I]YouTube - Dublin Poverty - Mount Pleasant Buildings (Part 1 of 2)[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9t3L-FPpd9U&feature=related]YouTube - Dublin Poverty - Mount Pleasant Buildings (Part 2 of 2)[/ame]

SevenStars

Nothing of course to living of the period from the victory of Stater counter-revolution to till the time that Dev got in...

Cael

Nothing of course to living of the period from the victory of Stater counter-revolution to till the time that Dev got in...
Ireland was one big Death Camp under the British, and it remained a place of horror under the free state. What Williams, Byrne and their ilk refer to as the happy days of innocence was the period after the civil war, when the untermensch were too brutalised to fight back in any way.

Green eyed monster

I am not a fan of this right wing fantasist and self-publicist.

Anyone can discern that these are lying propagandists when they bring up the IRA as being responsible for what is essentially a wide ranging (indeed ubiquitous) and enduring problem found everywhere in the world, ie that of violent crime. Harris makes the same deluded noises, he blamed the child abuse scandal on the IRA too, these people probably think they sound smart and intellectual with this autistic nonsense - to me it looks like the playing of the only trick that a second rate journalist has, i bet these characters miss the Troubles.

I would say more about what i almost wish... but it would probably get me banned.

gweedore

most of the irish serious bad boys were in london, glasgow etc its only this last 10 years that ireland had a young generation at home with money in their pockets
before that the mother had the suitcase packed and you didn't go to court or if you did go to court you said that you had a job in england and the judge would give so many days to clear off

dresden8

I would say more about what i almost wish... but it would probably get me banned.
Don't worry, attacks on demonstrations have long been advocated here, LeDroit wants to set right wing death squads loose on trade union members. Unless the mods are some sort of PD nutjobs they won't mind you advocating letting the equivalent of the Bader-Meinhof gang loose on the capitalists, in the interests of balance of course.

SevenStars

Anyone can discern that these are lying propagandists when they bring up the IRA as being responsible for what is essentially a wide ranging (indeed ubiquitous) and enduring problem found everywhere in the world, ie that of violent crime. Harris makes the same deluded noises, he blamed the child abuse scandal on the IRA too, these people probably think they sound smart and intellectual with this autistic nonsense - to me it looks like the playing of the only trick that a second rate journalist has, i bet these characters miss the Troubles.

I was brought up on a dump of a council estate in Dublin and live in one now and my and my family's experiance the IRA has always been anti-sectarian and anti-drugs....And it really annoys me when the likes of fluffy wassums biscuit lectures me on how the IRA are sectarian drug dealers. Apparently though we have one of the freest medias in the world, just like we have one of the highest literacy rates in world...The Free State delusion is very much alive.

eoghanacht

Don't worry, attacks on demonstrations have long been advocated here, LeDroit wants to set right wing death squads loose on trade union members. Unless the mods are some sort of PD nutjobs they won't mind you advocating letting the equivalent of the Bader-Meinhof gang loose on the capitalists, in the interests of balance of course.
Prepare for your ban ;)

PW is a talking head hack and he's rolled out everynow and then, to draw attention away from the other deterimental criminal class in Irish society, plus he gets to flog a few books.

eoghanacht

I was brought up on a dump of a council estate in Dublin and live in one now and my and my family's experiance the IRA has always been anti-sectarian and anti-drugs....And it really annoys me when the likes of fluffy wassums biscuit lectures me on how the IRA are sectarian drug dealers. Apparently though we have one of the freest medias in the world, just like we have one of the highest literacy rates in world...The Free State delusion is very much alive.
Take solace in the fact that your judgements are grounded in your reality, fluffys gets his from the media.

New Threads

Popular Threads

Most Replies