Pay By Weight Bin Charges, Ding Ding Round 2

fergal1790

It looks like the current Rubbish minister is focused on shafting the public again like his predecessor tried to do last year. Last year Coveney tried to force pay by weight charges down our necks leading to massively increased charges for most people, at the last minute there was a reprieve just a few days before the charges were to come into effect.

Flat-fee bin charges to be banned in bid to increase recycling rates - Independent.ie

Now again that gombeen Denis Naughton is trying to push the exact same crap down our necks even though there were promises of investigations and restrictions on the way companies were gouging the public last year!

they have changed the way the charges are presented to us by stating that it is simply the banning of flat fee bin charges but this is in itself the biggest issue for most people.

Environment Minister Denis Naughten said that a more “flexible approach” for waste collection charges had been approved, which would allow companies to charge based on the number of times the bin was lifted, by weight, through a weight allowance coupled with a higher charge per kilogramme produced above this or through a combination of all.

What these gobshoites fail to realise is that most people are recycling as much as they can already because much of their bulky waste is not suitable for recycling like dirty food containers and especially pizza boxes and fast food containers.
The recycling companies don't want dirty bean cans and having to wash out all your jars and cans and bottles will use more energy from heating the water and waste of water etc than the recycling can save!

It say a lot about this current lot of turds that they try yet again to ram this down our necks at the last minute with the cut off date being 1st July.

Edit: Having read more details on the new charges it allows for companies to have a pay by lift rate coupled with a standing charge, if that be the case my bins will be filled to the brim before they get lifted but they may need special screening to protect the neighbours from the stink and they might be too heavy for the lorry!

LooseCannon

File:Municipal waste generated by country in 2005 and 2015, sorted by 2015 level (kg per capita) F1.png - Statistics Explained

Well something better be done
Ireland had the joint highest waste per capita of the EU (surprisingly competing with Denmark for top spot)
The smart thing is to encourage more recycling using carrot and stick but little sign of smart thinking in the corridors of power

Last Irish comparative statistics date from 2005, I doubt there has been a spectacular drop since then

jpc

There's an incinerator to feed.

'orebel

File:Municipal waste generated by country in 2005 and 2015, sorted by 2015 level (kg per capita) F1.png - Statistics Explained

Ireland had the joint highest waste per capita of the EU (surprisingly competing with Denmark for top spot)
The smart thing is to encourage more recycling using carrot and stick but little sign of smart thinking in the corridors of power

Last Irish comparative statistics date from 2005, I doubt there has been a spectacular drop since then
I only see a 2005 figure for Ireland in that graph

Gin Soaked

Heaven forbid that we implement a polluter pays approach that might make people think about what they throw out.

Or heaven forbid that we buy goods with less packaging or have to fhink about what bit of trash goes in which bin.

Seriously, we need to send a huge cohort of the population to live in other countries and deal with proper local authority and utility companies like grown ups...

Gin Soaked

There you go with your elitist "personal responsibility" again.

It's just austedirdiee aganist de uddinry wuerkeder....

fergal1790

It's all those gobshoite green's fault for wanting to be obedient Europeans instead of Irish!

They are the biggest gang of turncoat traitors since the Civil war!

farnaby

most people are recycling as much as they can already
Like those folk stuffing cereal boxes with black bin waste and chucking them in the green bin?

because much of their bulky waste is not suitable for recycling like dirty food containers and especially pizza boxes and fast food containers.
Some of us wash and reuse our food containers/recycle our yoghurt pots etc. It's not that difficult.

fergal1790

Like those folk stuffing cereal boxes with black bin waste and chucking them in the green bin?
There is little evidence of this where there are flat rate collections but where there are pay by weight already introduced for people they will try to keep their costs down however they can!

Some of us wash and reuse our food containers/recycle our yoghurt pots etc. It's not that difficult.
Most of us are not Card carrying Crusties

brughahaha

yep , always a small corner of the dishwasher where they can be stuffed in

midlander12

It looks like the current Rubbish minister is focused on shafting the public again like his predecessor tried to do last year. Last year Coveney tried to force pay by weight charges down our necks leading to massively increased charges for most people, at the last minute there was a reprieve just a few days before the charges were to come into effect.

Flat-fee bin charges to be banned in bid to increase recycling rates - Independent.ie

Now again that gombeen Denis Naughton is trying to push the exact same crap down our necks even though there were promises of investigations and restrictions on the way companies were gouging the public last year!

they have changed the way the charges are presented to us by stating that it is simply the banning of flat fee bin charges but this is in itself the biggest issue for most people.

What these gobshoites fail to realise is that most people are recycling as much as they can already because much of their bulky waste is not suitable for recycling like dirty food containers and especially pizza boxes and fast food containers.
The recycling companies don't want dirty bean cans and having to wash out all your jars and cans and bottles will use more energy from heating the water and waste of water etc than the recycling can save!

It say a lot about this current lot of turds that they try yet again to ram this down our necks at the last minute with the cut off date being 1st July.

Edit: Having read more details on the new charges it allows for companies to have a pay by lift rate coupled with a standing charge, if that be the case my bins will be filled to the brim before they get lifted but they may need special screening to protect the neighbours from the stink and they might be too heavy for the lorry!
Ok, I'm glad not to be living beside you so! We have pay by weight where I live for over a decade but there is also a flat fee which still makes up most of the bill - personally I recycle almost everything so I would welcome a proper 'pay by weight' system if it were brought in for waste. BTW, you're meant to clean the stuff before you put it in the recycling bin - it's really not that difficult.

storybud1

Just a thought going back to the old 10p per bottle if you returned it to the local pub ?

Have collection centres for clean waste that rewarded you ?? all waste should be clean

Glass , cans , plastic, etc,

Call in, the guy inspects your bag of whichever waste material you present, he weighs it and you get a loyalty card so when you reach say, 10 quid, he pays you there and then,,

Food can get composted and fed into the garden or put into transparent thick bags and dropped off at the local dump for free,great biomass for them,,

These materials are worth something if they are clean and an efficient business model can be implemented whereby work and production of useful materials is rewarded with money.

won't happen as it would probably make sense and the spivs in charge could not get a slice of the action,,,

Last edited:

General Urko

New Refuse Charges Regime, How Will They Screw Us This Time?

fter last years debacle, fortunately spotted by Coves in time, the new augmented system is on the way, with minimum charges gone and a contribution from the state to help people with illnesses that require disposal of e.g. incontinence pads in large numbers. Flat rate charges also appear to be gone.

Bin Charges 2017 - What is Changing? - Money Guide Ireland

Well I'm still confused and expecting to be ridden red raw by the disposal companies or a few chancer neighbours flytipping into my bin while I'm away working to support them on the dole and their bóllock acting lifestyles and their inbreeding activities!

In Finland, you pay €150 per year all in and end of, why not have common fúcking sense and do like wise!

Also it's a damn fúcking cheek of the waste disposal chancers to expect us to do their separation activities for them and let's get real, I doubt any of them would win awards for employers of the year!

GDPR

Just a thought going back to the old 10p per bottle if you returned it to the local pub ?

Have collection centres for clean waste that rewarded you ?? all waste should be clean

Glass , cans , plastic, etc,

Call in, the guy inspects your bag of whichever waste you present, he weighs it and get a loyalty card so when you reach say 10 quid, he pays you there and then,,

Food can get composted and fed into the garden or put into transparent thick bags and dropped off at the local dump for free,great biomass for them,,

These materials are worth something if they are clean and an efficient business model can be implemented whereby work and production of materials is rewarded with money.

won't happen as it would probably make sense and the spivs in charge could not get a slice of the action,,,
Yep, bringing back the beer bottles works like a charm in the two European countries I'm very familiar with.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

General Urko

Just saw the other thread, Mods, please merge!

General Urko

Yep, bringing back the beer bottles works like a charm in the two European countries I'm very familiar with.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk
It's actually pretty sad to see folk, usually old people, searching bins for bottles to take to the bottle bank in Berlin! It's also trhe only city and it's in Europe's richest economy, where I have observed eejits picking up cigarette butts off the street to light up again!

TakeitAll

Unfortunately this measure which in part may be explained to reduce the volume to landfills will have the negative affect of more illegal dumping which is bad enough as things are but I can see this pay by weight to increase the problem.

New Threads

Most Replies