PBP TD Bríd Smith Criticises Leo Varadkar for Wearing "€600 Moncler Jacket"

Skyrocket

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has been criticised by People Before Profit (PBP) TD Bríd Smith for wearing a jacket she claims costs €600 to 700 while meeting emergency responders during the Storm Emma recovery operation, claiming it shows "one winter for the rich, another for the poor".

"Here's something to think about when you get your heating bill for the last week. Leo's jacket here. It's a Moncler. On their website and in Brown Thomas, a Moncler jacket will set you back €600 to €700. That's a lot of briquettes! One Winter for the rich, another for the poor."

https://www.facebook.com/BridSmithTD/photos/pb.199320167085990.-2207520000.1520437824./583349242016412/?type=3&theatre

Most of the comments to her post appear to be critical.

Does she have a point or is Leo entitled to wear what he wants, regardless of cost?

wombat

Day late, dollar short, already discussed on other thread.:lol:

Eventualities

...or is Leo entitled to wear what he wants, regardless of cost?
Pure Haughey stuff, this was - can't ask us to keep tightening our belts, and then hotfoot it around in fine silks.

culmore

See Kennys good work got the Chinees meat market back for the farmers , what has she to say about that . History will prove that Kenny was a very good Leader

Eventualities

See Kennys good work got the Chinees meat market back for the farmers , what has she to say about that . History will prove that Kenny was a very good Leader
But he wasn't. He was objectively a wet blanket at a time when we needed a fighter. We saw this with our own two eyes and history will remember him as such. Spineless little man.

Niall996

So Brid Smith wants to dictate to other people how they spend their disposable income? I was thinking of buying a decent stereo system later. Do I have to pass it by Smith?

The Nal

So Brid Smith wants to dictate to other people how they spend their disposable income? I was thinking of buying a decent stereo system later. Do I have to pass it by Smith?
Yeah. You should be spending it on food for the donkey you'll be riding out to the fields every morning if shes ever in power.

An absolute cretin.

paulp

But he wasn't. He was objectively a wet blanket at a time when we needed a fighter. We saw this with our own two eyes and history will remember him as such. Spineless little man.
Like it or not, he'll be remembered as leader who brought country back from the crash

Ruff says Flaherty

Stupid ,petty comment. The man can wear whatever he wants. It could have been a present for all she knows. The left do more harm to themselves than anyone else does to them.

Reminds me of that pest Paul Murphy.

Stop Jobbridge!!!

What will we replace it with Paul?

Don't ask me!!!!

All problems, no solutions.

loner

Taoiseach Leo Varadkar has been criticised by People Before Profit (PBP) TD Bríd Smith for wearing a jacket she claims costs €600 to 700 while meeting emergency responders during the Storm Emma recovery operation, claiming it shows "one winter for the rich, another for the poor".

"Here's something to think about when you get your heating bill for the last week. Leo's jacket here. It's a Moncler. On their website and in Brown Thomas, a Moncler jacket will set you back €600 to €700. That's a lot of briquettes! One Winter for the rich, another for the poor."

https://www.facebook.com/BridSmithTD/photos/pb.199320167085990.-2207520000.1520437824./583349242016412/?type=3&theatre

Most of the comments to her post appear to be critical.

Does she have a point or is Leo entitled to wear what he wants, regardless of cost?
Has this woman nothing better to crib about?

Clanrickard

Niall996

Dear Brid. I'm going to the shops today for some clothes. Any instructions or central commands from the committee on clothes I need to be aware of?

Pizza Man

Is this ULA / PBP / AAA / Solidarity "attack day" ? About 10 threads resurrected.
Every day is - or should be - ULA / PBP / AAA / Solidarity attack day! They're an ever-present danger and, rather like Japanese Knotweed, they need to be sprayed with weedkiller on a daily basis to stop them propagating.

(I've often idly wondered whether Paul "Smirker" Murphy's premature baldness was due to regular spraying with "Roundup".)

New Threads

Most Replies